• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gringos in Peru 2014

mixa

Banned via Warnings
well, there is the solution to being bored watching campy matches - just get someone to narrate them instead and suddenly it's hysterical

clubbadubba

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL BEST TOURNAMENT EVER JAJAJAJAJAJAJXDXDXDXDXD

People predicted boom vs gerson would take forever way back in the day. I don't think anyone really thought it would take over 45 minutes to play a single game. My goodness. Boom is my hero, he hath fought campfire with campfire. Who wants to come to my place when these recordings come up and we can make some popcorn sit down and watch boom vs gerson?

also just do no hyrule in tournaments, and no tournaments in hyrule. gg.

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
"When we are in Tacna, we will try to play online with some players in Chile, including RickySSB and a Kirby player who is on par with the Tacna players."

Looking forward to this. Does aLpHa still play?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Sounds like tourneys should be banned, not Hyrule rofl. If two guys do a 60-minute match, more power to them. It won't bother anyone else unless there's only one TV or you REALLY want to play one of those two guys.
I'd like to see a single match on dreamland take even HALF as a long as that boom vs gerson match

Sedda

Smash Champion
wait a second. why the **** didnt you enforce the stalling rule? you made it clear in your ruleset.. player with higher % must approach. I even translated that extra bit so that you could take a stock from them

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i could not be more pleased with these results.. even our best players in NA still have a long ways to go

idk about you guys but i am very inspired by this tournament

it's clear now that there's still so much to learn

we should all train super hard and get on peru's level

let's make the usa the best smash county in the world!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm really curious as to what they actually did when they were just chilling. I would need something to keep my mind occupied. Where's dildo girl when you need her?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Post the 50 minute video.

We'll send it to Toronto Joe and call it the 64 combo video.

wut

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Did Mariguas or Boom get to play Alancitu by any chance?

And I love it how most people doubted Boom, some still doubting him coughmattscough, but yet he proved doubters wrong. This man is a champ for real.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad with the results, i would be very disappointed with Tacna if Boom stomped everyone...
boom easily destroys everyone but Isai in NA, and mariguas is probably top5 in NA too... when you stop to think about that you realize how powerfull Peru is in ssb, not to mention Gohan and some other top peruvian players didnt even showed up.
I pray to see some Japan Vs Peru action one day!

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Boom beats Alvin easy on hyrule. Japan would wreck Peru. Peru is very weak on dreamland. Ex I beat tavo and marka there a couple times. Tomorrow marka is recording with boom on dreamland. Marka is very interested in learning how to play there because he hopes to play with the Japanese someday at apex

I'm really curious as to what they actually did when they were just chilling. I would need something to keep my mind occupied. Where's dildo girl when you need her?
I was ready to feed boom and insulin him if he needed it lol

Last edited by a moderator:

malva00

Smash Master
*looks on smashboards*

Karajan: "BOOM beats X on Y and with Z. Peru would get trashed by X"

*looks on Peru facebook group*

Peruvians: "The recordings went in our favor. We have defeated BOOM"

rofl. I guess that's how it is with sports/competition.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
gj to boom for getting 3rd! showing that NA can compete with the world... kinda.

it's like they drop an entire tier from just playing a different stage lmao
imo if you learn the neutral game in a close quarters stage like dreamland it's relatively easy to make the switch to a large and open stage like hyrule. i don't think the reverse is true.

also ty based boom for demonstrating to all its supporters that infinite stalling on hyrule is quite possible. 60 minutes lmao

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Still salty about the fact that the stalling rule not being enforced.

I get that drawing the line in the sand is difficult, but you'd think that 5 minutes of gerson not approaching would be enough, especially if you wanted it as part of the rules.

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
Peru has a great level and you have to understand that they only play with themselves. By the other hand all of you play online, tournaments, play with different people and learn more stuffs. They are in a "disadvantage" in that way.
You have to admit their level.
It's good to see that Boom has defeated Gerson and the others, and viceversa. That means that all of them need to keep practicing to get better. It would be boring seeing always the same people winning. I think, for them, it's a challenge.
I'd like to see Falcon's Tavo, DK's Stradon, Pika's Gerson, Fox's Alvin, Alancitu and the other peruvian players at Apex 2015. Sadly i think it won't be possible because the money.
Imagine japanese players + peruvian players + north american players at the same tournament. And the friendly games, that would be a lot of hours of recording and a lot of gigs of hard disk.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Still salty about the fact that the stalling rule not being enforced.

I get that drawing the line in the sand is difficult, but you'd think that 5 minutes of gerson not approaching would be enough, especially if you wanted it as part of the rules.
This was half the argument for banning hyrule. "Enforcing a stalling rule" is essentially the same as forcing someone to lose a stock or just take extra damage by forcing them to do a really bad approach.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
This was half the argument for banning hyrule. "Enforcing a stalling rule" is essentially the same as forcing someone to lose a stock or just take extra damage by forcing them to do a really bad approach.
i've been thinking about this, maybe this can be avoided... the rule should separate both of them, going to their initial spawn positions.. like in ultimate fighting, when the fight gets stuck, fighters against the ropes on top of each other, then the fighters go to each corner and the battle resumes... this is not hard to do at all, it's kinda what we do in Brazil, we never had a match longer then 8 minutes (at the absolutely most, 90% of our matches have 2:30~4 minutes).
If you WANT to play campy and gay, you can, in any stage, i've seen matches incredibly long in DL, especially involving kirby and jiggly..

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Right, but it was still part of the ruleset.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
i've been thinking about this, maybe this can be avoided... the rule should separate both of them, going to their initial spawn positions.. like in ultimate fighting, when the fight gets stuck, fighters against the ropes on top of each other, then the fighters go to each corner and the battle resumes... this is not hard to do at all, it's kinda what we do in Brazil, we never had a match longer then 8 minutes (at the absolutely most, 90% of our matches have 2:30~4 minutes).
If you WANT to play campy and gay, you can, in any stage, i've seen matches incredibly long in DL, especially involving kirby and jiggly..
That puts whoever is winning at a disadvantage. If someone fought and spaced hard and well enough to get the superior defensive position and maintain it, why is he being forced to arbitrarily give it up when someone subjectively decided he had spent too long in that defensive position? Literally no other fighting game or competitive video game ever does this and it sounds like a ridiculous solution to a problem that doesn't need to exist (like allowing hyrule as a legal stage)

Also, the longest matches on dreamland mostly come down to 1 or 2 minutes above the "smash standard" of 8 minutes per match. That's not even close to what a long match on hyrule can last.

Right, but it was still part of the ruleset.
It's a rule that cannot be enforced. How often would you "enforce it" if you could? When no one takes damage for 3 minutes? 5 minutes? 8? How would you know that it has "been enforced"? If someone jumps on one of the middle platforms in hyrule but not the top platform, can that be considered "an attempt to approach"? If not, then what exactly counts as good enough to be considered an "approach" in a scenario like that?

It's a rule that's unenforceable. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
How about not turning this thread into a ban/unban Hyrule thread? Or at least take the argument in one of the many Hyrule threads.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I think it's worth talking about in this thread, but ok I'll just say one more thing

fireblaster, I get it. I know it's hard to enforce but not impossible. If you have time to go on smashboards to tell us that gerson won't approach while the match is going on, it's time to tell him to forfeit a stock, especially since it was in the rules.

Once again, I get it. I said it's difficult to draw the line, but 60 minutes? if those were the rules and you were one of the TO's (and don't say "i wouldnt allow hyrule in the first place") wouldn't you enforce the rule?

peru logic

marca beats boom = WE BEAT BOOM
You can't reason with South Americans when it comes to that kinda stuff lol. Just let them be delusional

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Once again, I get it. I said it's difficult to draw the line, but 60 minutes? if those were the rules and you were one of the TO's (and don't say "i wouldnt allow hyrule in the first place") wouldn't you enforce the rule?
TIMER RULE
Upon the start of a match, a timer outside of the game such as a stopwatch or a phone timer will begin with a time limit of 8 minutes. When the timer runs out, whoever has the most stocks wins. If stocks are even, whoever has the least amount of damage wins.

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
what do you need to consider they beat boom then? 50% + 1 people beat him?

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I told gerson multiple times he had to approach. He did eventually (like 30 something minutes). The funny part was when boom was behind they all said he had to approach and boom was like, well gerson had 30 minutes so I should too rofl

Sedda

Smash Champion
TIMER RULE
Upon the start of a match, a timer outside of the game such as a stopwatch or a phone timer will begin with a time limit of 8 minutes. When the timer runs out, whoever has the most stocks wins. If stocks are even, whoever has the least amount of damage wins.
Im absolutely ok with that, but that wasnt in the rules. I guess that's Karajans fault lmao

I told gerson multiple times he had to approach. He did eventually (like 30 something minutes). The funny part was when boom was behind they all said he had to approach and boom was like, well gerson had 30 minutes so I should too rofl
Dude, from 1-10, how salty are the peruvians? South American's aren't like Americans. They don't hide their salt in person

Last edited:
Top Bottom