• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grimers . . .

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Thank you (I already knew that much, but okay). What I meant was, what is this GRimer society you speak of? (Fairly sure that it's just BRoomers but Grimer is a pretty slick pokemon so they're GRimers now. The Gack Rimers.)

Yeah, it's just BRoomers. Grimer has pretty much always been the mascot of the Back Room, which has always been awesome.

No fair, I want to be evil

Dammit
I can never get into the fun clubs

Don't be Evil, be GRimer.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
BRoom doesn't really mean anything tbh, it's a relic of a bygone era and doesn't really mesh with the way the boards are now. Having said that, that's a large part of its charm, in the way your dad sees the charm in rebuilding old cars as a hobby.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
BRoom doesn't really mean anything tbh, it's a relic of a bygone era and doesn't really mesh with the way the boards are now. Having said that, that's a large part of its charm, in the way your dad sees the charm in rebuilding old cars as a hobby.
Yeah we keep talking about admissions, but it's not like adding new members will magically raise activity again. We do get some nice bursts of activity now and again, which is fun.

The BRoom is another victim of Discord, but unlike the Smash community as a whole, it was a move that made sense. Discord is made for groups like that. I still hold that Discord is the worst thing to happen to fighting game communities as a whole, though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The BRoom is another victim of Discord
Was done long before Discord imo lol, but I won't get too into it. Maybe I should make a BRoom thread about it lol.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Was done long before Discord imo lol, but I won't get too into it. Maybe I should make a BRoom thread about it lol.
Oh for sure, I definitely agree. It's just that during the last big wave of activity, everyone ended up drawn to discord. It makes sense too; most of the BRoomers are older, and having a message app on their phones leads to more talk during their limited free time. It's way easier to quickly see the chat topic and reply rather than dig until you find a thread that you want to reply to.

But either way, the BRoom was more than a bit dead before. It'll always have enough activity to justify it existing, but that's about it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Combine "BRoomers" and "GRimers" and you get "GRoomers", which is an exclusive club for people who shower before going to tournaments.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't even realize there was BR Discord.

I basically see the BR as another version of the Pool Room.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Didn't even realize there was BR Discord.

I basically see the BR as another version of the Pool Room.
Yup, Dodongo made it iirc. I can get an invite for you, if you'd like.

Yeah BR is Pool Room but better, with the additional layer of privacy. It means we can be more candid with personal info and other things compared to the open boards. It's nice.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
what about.... that villainous room... the one that was doomed from the start...

Top Bottom