• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninjuts-Two

Guide Greninjuts-Two

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Ludiloco submitted a new resource:

Greninjuts-Two - A Beginner to Intermediate Guide for Learning Greninja in Ultimate

Hi everyone! I am currently working to have a copy of this guide in simple text form that you can read right here on Smashboards. Since I want to make the guide available while I work on it, here is a link to the google doc! Please enjoy and let me know if you have any suggestions!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iDBXSR4oyRpyswnvOD1LpVrD2BdAI7lD6HL3l5aLJ00
Read more about this resource...

Father Kelso

Smash Cadet
Very nice work. I haven't gotten to the combos section yet but that's my next stop after i get off work

One small critique I have is to the "Dair" section, which you suggest is very limited for offstage use; I have seen Venia use dair as an edgeguard to decent effect, the key is to make sure you start at a decent height above the ledge. He typically aims it right at the point where the opponent will grab the ledge, possibly trying to 2 frame or maybe even hit before that. It might be more useful than 'ninja's other options against certain kinds of recovery, though I'm honestly not sure which ones. Even if you miss you will be plenty close enough to the ledge and recover.

If nothing else it's another mixup tool.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Very nice work. I haven't gotten to the combos section yet but that's my next stop after i get off work

One small critique I have is to the "Dair" section, which you suggest is very limited for offstage use; I have seen Venia use dair as an edgeguard to decent effect, the key is to make sure you start at a decent height above the ledge. He typically aims it right at the point where the opponent will grab the ledge, possibly trying to 2 frame or maybe even hit before that. It might be more useful than 'ninja's other options against certain kinds of recovery, though I'm honestly not sure which ones. Even if you miss you will be plenty close enough to the ledge and recover.

If nothing else it's another mixup tool.
That's interesting. I'll have to play around with it and see how high I need to go to still recover. As far as I thought, Dair took you all the way down to the blast zone regardless of height.

Last edited:

Father Kelso

Smash Cadet
That's interesting. I'll have to play around with it and see how high I need to go to still recover. As far as I thought, Dair took you all the way down to the blast zone regardless of height.
I think it's just one full hop and you should be safe. I haven't played with it too much so I don't know how practical it is. I imagine it being useful against some recoveries but not all or even most.

Firox

Smash Master
I think it's just one full hop and you should be safe. I haven't played with it too much so I don't know how practical it is. I imagine it being useful against some recoveries but not all or even most.
I've labbed out Dair and I can confirm that recovery is guaranteed as long as you get one full hop before taking the plunge. If you buffer your second jump, getting back shouldn't be a problem at all. The real issue is that Dair has an annoyingly small hitbox so most recoveries will be able to prioritize it. Also, if you're opponent manages to slip past you, now YOU'RE the one at risk of being edgeguarded. Personally, I find the over-the-cliff Substitute to be far more safe and effective for edgeguarding recoveries.

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I find the over-the-cliff Substitute to be far more safe and effective for edgeguarding recoveries.
Yeah, this is what I do most often. Since Substitute locks the opponent in slow motion, it's very unlikely that you'll miss and fly past them.
For some reason, it's most satisfying to land this move on an Ike using Quick Draw.

Firox

Smash Master
Yeah, this is what I do most often. Since Substitute locks the opponent in slow motion, it's very unlikely that you'll miss and fly past them.
For some reason, it's most satisfying to land this move on an Ike using Quick Draw.
My favorite way to kill with Substitute is to wait for someone like Krool or Link to try and Up B from directly under the ledge. They usually assume that they'll make it back Scott-free, but then I counter the hitbox and aim straight down. Normally, the downward launch would kill me too, but if you use it on their last stock, it'll spike them into oblivion just before you die for a 100% guaranteed stylish kill.

FireEYe

Smash Rookie
This is incredible, so in Depth and useful, I’ve only been playing for about a month and greninja is my favorite “character” of my favorite video game series of all time. I am going to be spending so much time reading and rereading this, thanks so much!

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
Very nice my friend. Very helpful. I've been wanting to find another character to use since Marth isn't the most fun in the world and Greninja has always interested me. Thanks for the help friend-o. :066:

Top Bottom