• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Footstool Kill Set-Up

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVkKE1XT9p0
^From 0:13, iStudying does a grounded footstool -> dair-> ff-> fs-> 1-2 hits of bair -> f smash.

I want to know when I should go for a grounded footstool, cause when I try to apply ^ to my gameplay, I have approaching and getting the grounded footstool. :4greninja:

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
That wasn't grounded FS(Grounded FS don't make the opponent trip, they just make greninja jump without using a jump). That was Nair to footstool.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
I know footstool->dair on an opponent in the air is untechable, but is footstool->dair against a grounded opponent untechable too?

Larkisaurus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Larkisaurus
The only thing that the first footstool does is make the second footstool send him lower, which lets the greninja not need to fastfall and focus only on reading DI. Footstools beat out grabs and landing lag, but you will not put opponents in footstool animation if they whiff an attack. Go for this if you read a grab attempt or feel like styling off an unsafe landing option.

Top Bottom