• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja: A Guide to Drowning Out The Opponents! (WIP)

Greninja: A Guide to Drowning Out The Opponents! (WIP)

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
You might want to skip the formalities since right now the only information in your guide are the same things we already know and have posted on the forum. I personally would value match ups, combos, KO set ups, footsies, etc. over Greninja's back story, that he's speedy, and percent that each move does.

ZaoMonichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noaharc10
3DS FC
4398-9530-8610
This make sense. That's not the only thing that I'm going for, but I guess a lot of people are missing the (WIP) I put in the title. Please expect this to be updated in the future. I have several more gifs detailing the moves as well as descriptions lined up for the moves, all of what they combo into and strategies for gimping opponents, killing with Greninja (which can be pretty hard with his recent nerfs) as well as matchups. I apologize if posting before the work was done was wrong, but I didn't know if I should trust the draft system haha.

Epic_Bro__360

Smash Rookie
i forgot to mention in my rating, i would also like to know the pummles, because i cant seem to get it down

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
oh sorry, i mean know how many pummles (hits when you grabbed someone) based on the opponents percent before they button mash out, and still have time to throw
Based on lv. 9 CPUs who seem to button mash optimally, you can get one pummel starting from 40% and two pummels from 110%.
But that`s assuming that you pummel the instant you land the grab, so it might be better to start the first pummel at 50% and the second one at 120% to have more time to react. Then again, most people won`t pummel optimally either, so staying with the 40% one pummel and 110% two pummels should be fine.

You can`t get three pummels before the opponent reaches kill percents from Uthrow, so two pummels is the most you should be doing.

MasterMicahWH

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterMicahWH
Switch FC
7765-5492-7400
It isn't, or it is? I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to make this guide good for newcomers and people who are Smash vets and maybe just want to get into Greninja.
It is. Especially since christmas was a couple days ago.

SADO D. MUPLOP

Smash Rookie
I have a question, the "SIDE B" of greninja there are times where I can cancel the multi hit, and other times not, for example the "UP B" of zero suit samus, how can I safely exit?

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
I have a question, the "SIDE B" of greninja there are times where I can cancel the multi hit, and other times not, for example the "UP B" of zero suit samus, how can I safely exit?
you can only escape moves that do not put you into tumble. there are optimal directions to SDI while you mash side b to help get out of it that can be seen here: https://smashboards.com/threads/shadow-sneak-hitstun-cancellable-moves.426941/ however, SSHC has always been inconsistent simply because it is such a strange and complicated mechanic. read up on it as much as possible, but dont be surprised when you're not getting it 100% of the time, especially with all the complications of rage, percent, reaction time, etc.

Top Bottom