• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greenville, Tx and surrounding areas.

Family Man

Smash Rookie
Piggybacking from a recent post. Are you tired of searching for tournaments that end up being at least an hour drive? What I'm trying to do with this tread is to gather people around the area who wish to create a scene in this area so we no longer have to drive forever to attend tournaments. The university in commerce holds a tourney but its only once a semester. It had a good turnout, I believe at least 70+ so that proves we can get something going here. We just need to get together and work out the kinks. Really just need to get a venue and exposure. I could probably get a hold of 5 setups. If needed I can even put some money for a prize, won't be anything big but maybe enough to get people out. Please if interested post here and share with your friends. Let's start something great here.

Loxmyth

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I would love to get involved with this, I live in Greenville but I don't know anyone who plays smash.

Today I went to a tournament at Hastings Bookstore and I was the only person to show up!

Family Man

Smash Rookie
Hey man, I would love to get involved with this, I live in Greenville but I don't know anyone who plays smash.

Today I went to a tournament at Hastings Bookstore and I was the only person to show up!

Today I went to a tournament at Hastings Bookstore and I was the only person to show up![/QUOT

I was losing hope for this thread, nice to finally hear from a fellow smasher from the area. Lol I thought that was next Saturday on Dec. 5? Did you go to it last time? I was planning on attended and spreading the word there but didn't go last time so not sure how the turnout was. Thinking about creating like a face book group so people could join and could further discuss the subject with those who joined. You got any ideas on creating a scene here?

Loxmyth

Smash Rookie
I didn't know about the tournaments they were holding until this week.

As for creating a scene, I think the important thing is to be visible, I feel like Hastings would've gotten more people if they at least posted online. I think a good idea would be to post adverts at Paris Junior College where people who might be into the game would be. Also nearly every event I've gone to before has had some sort of free food involved. People turn up when there is free food. (imagine that!)

Speaking of which, if you want, we could get together to play sometime, I'll bring pizza.

Family Man

Smash Rookie
True, well if Hastings is holding weeklys then I guess we should get it known. I had no idea they even hosted a tourney weekly thought it was every month. Hopefully more people will show if it gets advertised.

For sure. Add me on whichever system you have the game on. My nnid is Family_Man_42 and fc is 3325 2579 7715. I tend to get on the 3ds more often.

Also, me and a couple of friends go to a weekly in mesquite on Thursdays. About 20ish show up. The people there are great and welcoming, it's real fun and a friendly environment. If you dont mind the 50 min drive you should go. (That's why I want to help grow a scene here, 50 min to the closest toureny sucks.) My friends tend to go every week. I go every now and then. Got two young kiddos so kinda hard for me to get out hence why my tag is family man (and because I loved street fighter II when I was a kid and guile was a beast lol) Here's a fb link to it if your interested
https://www.facebook.com/events/930945946942186/

Loxmyth

Smash Rookie
Awesome! I had no idea there was a tourney in Mesquite, sadly I have work at that time.

As far as I know, Hastings has only just started hosting video game events two weeks ago. They hosted a smash tourney, and the following week a Mario Kart 8 even, and on Saturday another Smash tourney. (the one I was the only attendee at)

I'm worried that they wont host anymore because of the pathetically low turnout, but I'm sure if we get a good amount of people to show up they will start up again.

Last edited:

Family Man

Smash Rookie
Man, that sucks. Ever have a day off on Thursday, let me know. We carpool and always have room for one more.

I'm thinking about stopping by today and talking to them about it, to get more information about the tourney they host. If they are still doing one next Saturday, I'll see ya there!

Osoi

Smash Rookie
Is this idea discarded? I just moved here and I don't know if there's any locals here. All the ones I know are an hour drive.

Top Bottom