• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Green Thunder" - Luigi SSB5 Combo and Tech Sharing Thread

Muramishi

Smash Rookie
Ultimate is out and Luigi has received a few changes in this iteration. Share any combos, techs, or information regarding the Eternal Understudy here!

The new tether grab feels like a nerf, considering Luigi's grab game still seems to be on point. Luigi's damage output is actually quite high! Here's a bit of what Player 2 can do:

Last edited:

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Gosh I’ve been watching Elegants streams a little bit and holy Christ almighty I don’t care that much about the new tether grab all that much because it looks like we have the reincarnation of pre patch d throw and that is worth the grab nerf tbh. I’m not too sure what DI will do overall, but I want to say tentatively that we have kill confirms out of d throw again, or at the very least d throw puts any opponent with only one air dodge into a pretty bad situation out of d throw. And for all the nerfs down b has gotten, it seems to kill after a d throw around 110-130ish% depending on character. Anyways, I don’t have the game just yet so I can’t really confirm what I’m saying for sure. But Luigi still looks pretty damn good with his combos and damage output in general continuing to be pretty damn overwhelming

RobC

Smash Rookie
Tether is actually useful for outspacing neutral options to land a grab.

Grab range in general as well as grab out of shield has been nerfed globally. Tether grabs are good for catching aerial approaches and punishing characters who like to spam neutral options to cover whiffed aerials. I'm not saying it isn't a nerf I'm just saying this new tether is an important part of Luigi's new neutral.

If you condition opponents to act after landing aerials with anything besides jump or roll it appears that Luigi's quick dash speed means that dashing back to avoid aerial approaches and punishing with your tether grab is actually a thing.

It is common to land Luigi's tether out of shield against an opponent trying to spam jabs and neutrals in close quarters.

Conditioning shields in neutral is easy with dash canceled neutrals, medium range fireballs, and our own short hop aerials.

The common perception is that "Luigi won't grab me because his tether is so bad". Condition shield, punish rolls, catch landings and you will land your grabs.

Fair still combo's into "imagination" we still have kill throws and throw combos. All is not lost just because of the grab change.

Mr. Grabs

Smash Cadet
Back Throw seems like it kills earlier now than it did in Smash 4 so that's really nice.

Dash attack is much better. It is fewer hits so if you do it by mistake it is more difficult to punish and it even can KO!

Mariomaniac

Smash Rookie
He’s probably gonna get nerfed becuase of his zero to death combo and I’m really sad about it. Him and Mario are my faves and have been nerfed pretty hard whereas all the other characters are getting buffed

Mariomaniac

Smash Rookie
Especially with everyone whining about it when he has so many weaknesses. People really love to whine and cry for nerfs on the Mario bros but are awfully quiet about other cheap bs characters like incineroar and Inkling. They really ruin the game

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Especially with everyone whining about it when he has so many weaknesses. People really love to whine and cry for nerfs on the Mario bros but are awfully quiet about other cheap bs characters like incineroar and Inkling. They really ruin the game
Please don't double post next time, edit your info into your last post.

Really, people are a bit upset about the potential Luigi 0-deaths, but we'll see how it goes.

I personally have trouble comboing in this game as well as 4 out of grab as Luigi seems to accelerate faster in the air from a jump, like balloon physics...idk.

RyGuyUnmasked

Smash Rookie
Big doubt Luigi is nerfed, his 0-death combo is literally reading the enemy if they decide to DI or not as well as in general even among top players its not extremely consistent bc if it was they would instantly take a stock on a grab regardless, which if THAT were the case, he would be nerfed

Top Bottom