• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Greatness Awaits" - Smash Bros x PlayStation General Support thread.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
INTRO
Welcome to the General Playstation support thread! Here we can figure out what Playstation (1st Party exclusive) characters could be a possibility. (Assuming if Sony wanted to play ball.​

Kratos (Pre-reboot)

Sweet Tooth

Fat Princess

PaRappa the Rapper

Colonel Mael Radec

(Will Add more over the next few days. I will also add the rest of the cast!)

Also, nominate some characters who you want to see as a playable Sony Rep. 1st party only!

For me it would be Cole MacGrath and Evil Cole as an Echo!

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Honestly, adding a PlayStation character in Smash is one of my many pipe dreams, so I would like to be part of this thread. The characters I would like aren’t on this list yet, but Sackboy from Little Big Planet and Kat from Gravity Rush would make awesome! I’m willing to bet that any major PlayStation character potentially be the most hype Smash reveal in history! It’s too good to be true though.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Crash is no longer a Playstation rep, right? If that's the case I think Kratos could get in Smash... Just imagine an animated trailer of him fighting Pit and Palutena.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
No love for Nathan Drake? I think it's between him and Kratos for a Sony mascot.

Not that it would happen with Sony as-is, but in the hypothetical scenario that Sakurai wants a Sony character and they're willing to play ball, I'd imagine it'd be one of those two.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
No love for Nathan Drake? I think it's between him and Kratos for a Sony mascot.

Not that it would happen with Sony as-is, but in the hypothetical scenario that Sakurai wants a Sony character and they're willing to play ball, I'd imagine it'd be one of those two.
I still need to finish. I kinda have been distracted. Lol

KatKit

Smash Lord
Gravity Rush is upbeat, charming, ambitious, and innovative; it was originally designed for a handheld console, too. The series would be right at home on a Nintendo console. With that being said, Kat (AKA Kitten) is easily one of the best modern videogame protagonists, IMO. Gravity Rush is the main reason I bought a PSVita, and Kat is the main reason I bought PlayStation All-stars. So, yeah... if we ever got a PlayStation rep in Smash, I'd love for it to be Kat.

nanananananan

Smash Rookie
Man, Sackboy is the second best option for a PlayStation rep: Iconic, family-friendly, cute, heavily merchandised and with a big pottential for a tricky and unique gameplay. I'm surprised he isn't in the OP with other characters like Toro (Sony's mascot in Japan) or Nathan Drake.

Last edited:

TillerManX

Smash Rookie
If I would choose 1 playstation character to be in smash, I would choose Parappa
-He is an iconic Playstation character alongside crash
-Famous in Japan
-One of the kid friendly faces of Playstation

Arion200

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0225-8081-0252
i like some of these for smash, sadly i dont think the japanese sony mascot (toro inoue) (in my profile pic) could have a chance

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It'll never happen but Nathan Drake is my goto pick for a Sony rep.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Count me in, a Playstation character getting in Smash is one of my pipe dreams. I'm fine with most of the choices, Kratos, Nathan Drake, Sackboy, Kat, Spike, Colonel Radec, Ratchet and Clank etc.

If I had to narrow my choice to one character though, then it will probably be Kratos.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I support:

Lara Croft
Crash
Spyro
Kratos
Nathan Drake
Toro

In that order.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I was only to pick one character, it would be Kat from Gravity Rush. She's both powerful and precious.

Here's the roster I made for a potential Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft game

Nintendo: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox, Kirby, Yoshi, Pikachu, Marth, Inkling
Sony: Kratos, Jak&Daxter, Ratchet&Clank, Sly Cooper, Nathan Drake, Aloy, Cole, Kat, Parrapa, Sir Daniel
Microsoft: Master Chief, Steve, Banjo-Kazoie, Marcus Fenix, Fulgore, Conker, Johanna Dark, Cuphead(?), Ori, and the dude from Crackdown

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Ima revive this thread.

While I don't think a PlayStation rep is very likely, it would be pretty cool. If we were to get a PS rep, I really want it to be Sackboy. He has tons of moveset potential, and I also just really like his games and the character. They would probably end up going with Kratos or something probably, but I want the sackboyo.
SackboySony.png
Sackboy.png
A_LBP_logo.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom