• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Other things I remember:

-Axe 2-0ed PP in brackets with Falco one game and Pikachu in the next

-Axe vs. M2k brackets was crazy. Marth v Falco match 1, M2k wins by 2 stock. Axe CPs Battlefield to get some Pika gimps, but M2K goes Sheik. Axe counters this by going Falco again. Axe jv 3 stocks M2k. Get *****. M2k gets hella mad and goes back to Battlefield. Axe goes Pikachu...and gets CGed to hell and 3 stocked.

CHECK IT, CANADA REPS TOP 48 *****ES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D0rdMfaWHw
double post cuz of baller status

HAHAHA DAVID, pic 2 good

idea

Smash Master
oh man josh.

do i listen? or would they not want me to?

...nah, i'll wait for the whole album.

edit: i have my cube, but won't be there till 7:30.

sauc3

Smash Lord
also sent out a mass text, and didn't realize david's number was a landline so that should be pretty funny when he gets it.

sad to hear that kyle, have fun tho,

n0ne

Smash Ace
OK so who IS gonna go to york... Im gonna go cause im bored... im looking for melee but if no ones there for melee then Ill stick with the guys at brawl and brawl+

JPOBS

Smash Hero
OK so who IS gonna go to york... Im gonna go cause im bored... im looking for melee but if no ones there for melee then Ill stick with the guys at brawl and brawl+
yooo come to the tourny in london this weekend that'd be epic!!

edit: omg imadh how did i not see that set live? *watches*
my only question is why'd you counterpick FD 0_0 ?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I.B. Mix it up! =P The matches were leaning towards M2k's favor more and more because you were doing the same patterns. Though you could of had first match easily.. just need better decisions and you got this.

I.B

Smash Lord
I didn't counterpick FD, me and him just agreed to random both games.

I'll keep that in mind Kage ;)

4Serial

Smash Lord
Lord HDL is the best player in Puerto Rico. He mains Link. First night at that hotel when we were wandering around meeting everyone, I wandered into a room where HDL, M2k and Hbox were playing. Lots of people were watching, and Lord HDL did the impossible. He beat M2k's Sheik on FD with Link.

it was a friendly but still.
omgomgomgomg :) LOL

Sanu

Smash Champion
This just in, the Ontario scene is **** and I'm tired of trying to pick up the slack.

I'm arranging, what I hope will be, one of the biggest Ontario Melee tournaments in the recent age (thanks to Carter) but it seems the majority of people still aren't going to come. This is what you want, isn't it? A big tourney with US players, Quebecers and the lot right? Guess people just aren't passionate about Melee anymore.

n0ne

Smash Ace
I DO WANT to go.. but it just TWO days too late.... if it was an earlier date... FOR SURE I WOULD GO.. thats what im looking for.. to play with the most players i can.. for the little time im gonna be here..

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know Edgard... that's completely out of your hands now. Sorry :/

However, the fact is that I've posted this **** everywhere and there hasn't been more than a peep from the Melee community in the thread. If you are interested in coming, SHOW IT BY POSTING; thanks goes out to everyone who already has. LINK: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252441

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This just in, the Ontario scene is **** and I'm tired of trying to pick up the slack.

I'm arranging, what I hope will be, one of the biggest Ontario Melee tournaments in the recent age (thanks to Carter) but it seems the majority of people still aren't going to come. This is what you want, isn't it? A big tourney with US players, Quebecers and the lot right? Guess people just aren't passionate about Melee anymore.
Has it occurred to you that the reason the bulk of our community is ****ing terrible might have some obscure relationship with this?

Sanu

Smash Champion
I don't see why people would even bother to post in the forum then or even go as far as adding their name to a list of Ontario Melee players, a list that supposedly represents people who are interested in the game.

Seems like there's no point then <___<, I guess I won't bother trying to put stuff together anymore haha

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Josh, me, Ryan, Bernard, Imadh probably. After that I don't know.

Quebec expressed interest but if nobody shows they won't go. I saw Nightmare post so maybe him? Rochester expressed interest but again if nobody shows I doubt we get their attendance.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Small Melee Status Update

Interested Entrants (Total: 44ish)
-----------------------------------
JustNoOne
AvariceX
Unknown522
Cyan
Sanuzi
Quenk*
Stos
KirbyKaze
weon-X
Idea
Raynex
PKMVodka
AfroChris
AfroChris1
AfroChris2
AfroChris3
AfroChris4
AfroChris5
AfroChris6
Pointman Rob
Lawlb0t
Ayaz18
1Kason1
Zen
Walrace
Anth0ny
Chester01
Rochester1
Rochester2
Rochester3
Rochester4
Rochester5
Ally
BL!TZ*
BL!TZ1*
BL!TZ2*
BL!TZ3*
BL!TZ4*
SolDarkness
Chiisu*
Nitemare
Pwny
Gizmo
sauc3
*Needs a ride

TVs
---------------
TV (Sanuzi)
TV (Sanuzi)
TV (Sanuzi)
TV (AvariceX)
TV (da K.I.D)
TV (Anth0ny)

Consoles
----------------------
- Cube (AvariceX)
- Cube (Da K.I.D)
- Cube (LBT)
- Cube (Sanuzi)
- Cube (Idea)
- Me-Wii (Sanuzi)

idea

Smash Master
ah okay, so the numbers aren't actually that bad at this point, but if one or two particular people cancel you could easily drop 5 or 6 people at once...

oh, i would bring a cube + melee, too.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@ Kyle: The numbers aren't bad but like none of those people are locals. They're all OOP or OOC. Or they're in Chris's car. It's just dumb that none of our local players ever bother coming to these but then they get upset about not improving or not being able to do well.

D

Deleted member

I work every Saturday.. and seeing as how I booked off 10 days to go to the States (now) I doubt I can go :/

Top Bottom