• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
Id go, just need directions beforehand... anyone can post?
to get to york university, get on the ttc subway, get over to downsview station, take the 196 bus and it drops you off at york. from the spot it drops you off, you basically walk north to get to founder's college, and upon entering check the classrooms for melee music/only 5 or so people in a room. (you'd want to get a map of york university for that...which you can probably search google for)

yeah, kind of complicated...i can probably give you better directions later.

n0ne

Smash Ace
uh.. i can make it to downsview station, but not sure bout the bus... anyways.. it would be better a type of smashfest cause im not at my dads place anymore.. im pretty much farther..

I.B

Smash Lord
To everyone that's dedicated/serious about getting better and making it somewhere in Melee: go to U.S tourneys.

That is all.

weon - X

Smash Ace
i couldn't go for money, plus i need to get settled down here, start my new life, but i wanna go to the next one though for sure.

idea

Smash Master
uh.. i can make it to downsview station, but not sure bout the bus... anyways.. it would be better a type of smashfest cause im not at my dads place anymore.. im pretty much farther..
not exactly sure what you mean but it sounds like you're not going...in which case, too bad, but you're right to not want to travel too far since it's a smaller thing anyway.

FINALLYYYYYYYYYY
looking forward to meeting you
haha, you've never met the great raynex?

i couldn't go for money, plus i need to get settled down here, start my new life, but i wanna go to the next one though for sure.
hopefully for the next one we can all go in afro's parents' van =)

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
I already told you, I don't have your memory card. I have my own memory card in my own cube.
what the hell??? how did someone from pound have my exact same info on there memory card then?????? I even remember leaving it in your cube I swear. I dont know but thats stupid mango came to my house and stole my memory card? ~_~

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm just letting you guys know what went down during those three days.

I played:

Ka Master (We played a total of 4 sets during the three days and we won 2 each. Ka is sooo beast)
Taj (FD challenge vs. Mewtwo he beat me Mewtwo/Fox 8-2. Its impossible unless you camp him.)
Zgetto
Armada
Linguini
Dr.PP
Axe
Hax
Remen
Amsah/Nihonjin
M2k
DOH
Xelic
Wife
Chaddddd
Scar
Zhu
Mango
Lucky
Lovage
SILENTSPECTRE (he didn't combo me yaaay)

I.B

Smash Lord
Nightmare, the thing is in Josh's car it's almost always him, me, Bernard, Ryan and David. Somebody's gotta step up and find other means of getting there - it's worth it!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Ka Master (We played a total of 4 sets during the three days and we won 2 each. Ka is sooo beast)
I like to hear that... :)

And lol Taj challenge too good!

To everyone that's dedicated/serious about getting better and making it somewhere in Melee: go to U.S tourneys.

That is all.
QFT
PS: Sorry WC Canada wasn't at Pound...in the slightest... >_>
How did crews go anyway, I didn't see anything on that?

It's also pretty much confirmed as the last week of april that Eric (BO10) and I would be coming to EC for 10 days or whatever...
It's finalized that it's that week, but nothing else so far. We'll let you know.

unknown522

Some guy
ryan vs. homemade waffles ON THE STREAM RIGHT NOW

supposedly raynex is playing vanz as well.

edits as i watch it:

- ryan jv 3'd him first match on yoshi's. playing all patient and stuff =) waffles counterpicks to dreamland.

- lol boring match. ryan won again, jv 2 this time iirc. proud of you guys =D
man, I was like: **** this, if he's gonna fake approach and try to lure me to the edge, then I won't approach you. 2 kills he got was from when I was doing that get-up on the stage. I messed up ledge WDs. I definitely should've won by more.

from the sounds of it, ryan, bernard and david are all out now. =( dunno what place they all got. haven't heard anything about imadh.
I lost a close set to hax and don't me started on thorn....

Round 3 pools

Bernard lost to Larry(DEHF), apparently also got ***** by Scar, but he 2-0'd Chaddd, 2-1'd Wife
wife got the turnip glitch where it gets stuck in the air game 2. That was jokes.

Ryan lost to Peepee and Vidjo 2-0, he 2-0'd PKM & everyone else
I got ***** by peepee game 1, so I went doc and it was close.

Also, it was 2-1 vs pkm. game 1, he was on falcon then we struck down to FoD, then he switched to DK....so that was a 3-stock. Then I was going to ban fd, but then he said his CP before I made a ban. So I let him have it. I went mario and he went falcon, then he 1-stocked me of a random knee at 58% and I apparently didn't have a jump. Game 3, I went stadium fox vs falco, then it was a JV3 stock. We pretty much took it as casual matches, because of the regional failure. PKM also beat vidjo with falcon in that pool, but he lost to 4%apr.

out of the Canadians, us 4 + Kage made it to bracket. Quebec should practice singles more :(
bam losing to falcomist made me laugh. Poor guy

David lost to Zgetto and somebody else I forgot.
he lost to peepee

Tourney was mad fun. Plank super rigged the pools and bracket for himself. He definitely didn't deserve to win money. Also, the constant regional failure for pools. He put 4 of the puerto-rican smashers in the same pool round 2.

Giving himself chain-grabbable, easy to camp characters in every pool and first 3 rounds of bracket was gay. That was definitely no coincidence.

I'm 100% sure I could've beaten hax if I didn't SD.

Vidjo too.

Also, aside from losing to hax, the only characters I lost to in the tourney was peaches and falcos. I hate falco so much, I need to find a cheap answer like they did.

idea

Smash Master
man, I was like: **** this, if he's gonna fake approach and try to lure me to the edge, then I won't approach you. 2 kills he got was from when I was doing that get-up on the stage. I messed up ledge WDs. I definitely should've won by more.

I lost a close set to hax and don't me started on thorn....

wife got the turnip glitch where it gets stuck in the air game 2. That was jokes.

I got ***** by peepee game 1, so I went doc and it was close.

Also, it was 2-1 vs pkm. game 1, he was on falcon then we struck down to FoD, then he switched to DK....so that was a 3-stock. Then I was going to ban fd, but then he said his CP before I made a ban. So I let him have it. I went mario and he went falcon, then he 1-stocked me of a random knee at 58% and I apparently didn't have a jump. Game 3, I went stadium fox vs falco, then it was a JV3 stock. We pretty much took it as casual matches, because of the regional failure. PKM also beat vidjo with falcon in that pool, but he lost to 4%apr.

bam losing to falcomist made me laugh. Poor guy

he lost to peepee

Tourney was mad fun. Plank super rigged the pools and bracket for himself. He definitely didn't deserve to win money. Also, the constant regional failure for pools. He put 4 of the puerto-rican smashers in the same pool round 2.

Giving himself chain-grabbable, easy to camp characters in every pool and first 3 rounds of bracket was gay. That was definitely no coincidence.

I'm 100% sure I could've beaten hax if I didn't SD.

Vidjo too.

Also, aside from losing to hax, the only characters I lost to in the tourney was peaches and falcos. I hate falco so much, I need to find a cheap answer like they did.
oh cool, i didn't know pkm played you...or that he was even still in singles. i thought he got dq'd.

that's actually a cool thought, you going doc vs. american spacies. you should look into that, that could actually work. if they're outcomboing you but not so great with their edgeguarding, maybe try doc from now.

and bernard has beaten wife, what, 3 or 4 times now in tournament?

any other stories? since when is dehf that good? i kept hearing about him in tournament and he supposedly got pretty far in brawl too.

oh, by the way, i watched the last few sets of brawl cause i was procrastinating =P adhd ***** mew2king with diddy. apparently diddy is like an amazing character now. it wasn't even close when he played vs. m2k's metaknight. i think that's pretty interesting even though i don't like the game.

oh and, the stream cut out, but apparently m2k timed out ally in the last match of loser's finals.

sauc3

Smash Lord
yeah I'm really surprised ryan lost to thorn,
bernard almost beat armada that **** was awesome, he like 0-death'd him on PS, **** was ****

favourite american player is axe, the guy comboed my marth to death 2 times and he was at zero i lost 2 stocks I'm like wtf its pikachu. we had close *** games vs my puff.

I got ***** by nearly everyone else who was known (m2k ***** me, baaaaad), but me n jpobs took djn and alukard's dub samus to 3rd game, RC had our backs lol. Pound ***** so hard.

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
yoooo after watching some of those pound 4 vids, I really wanna get good at smash now. Haha yea I havnt posted in a while, this is SD since prolly most of u forgot by now =P.

So yea "Hello all again =)". I'll try to be more active in forum and come out more since I'm on coop now in T.O. Yooo who goes to York uni on Wed for smash? Cause I'm thinking about going there, and I'll be glad to play any of you. (sooo smash hungry right now).

Sanu

Smash Champion
Okay cool, so in case you guys didn't know, I'm going to be hosting a MELEE tourney at LBT2 (Lets Brawl Toronto 2) on February 6th. It's going to be great, I'm going to see if the Quebecois have the time/money to make it. It's gonna be ****ing awesome, consider this your official first post-pound 4 training tournament!! Register, confirm setups and all that sexy ****

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252441

GET ****ING HYPED! :):):)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Other things I remember:

-Axe 2-0ed PP in brackets with Falco one game and Pikachu in the next

-Axe vs. M2k brackets was crazy. Marth v Falco match 1, M2k wins by 2 stock. Axe CPs Battlefield to get some Pika gimps, but M2K goes Sheik. Axe counters this by going Falco again. Axe jv 3 stocks M2k. Get *****. M2k gets hella mad and goes back to Battlefield. Axe goes Pikachu...and gets CGed to hell and 3 stocked.

CHECK IT, CANADA REPS TOP 48 *****ES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D0rdMfaWHw

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Bernard quick question: what's your tag on SRK?

Other things I remember:

-Axe 2-0ed PP in brackets with Falco one game and Pikachu in the next
Saw this set on youtube, s'****!!!

Gj everyone at pound, now do it again at apex2 or whatever the next big tourney is :p

idea

Smash Master
ok guys, i'm starting to think i should seriously work on a secondary. pound 4 grand finals were making me think i should change mains <_< but now i think maybe i should just pick up another character.

fox - pretty straightforward and simple, really. i mean, you don't have to play him all fast to play him effectively...
falco - easiest to play of the three but if i'm gonna be lasering a lot i might as well just play jiggs. his recovery doesn't actually bother me much.
falcon - most awesomeliest, but hardest to actually do well with...although he solves some of the problems the above two give me, mainly technical skill issues.

Okay cool, so in case you guys didn't know, I'm going to be hosting a MELEE tourney at LBT2 (Lets Brawl Toronto 2) on February 6th. It's going to be great, I'm going to see if the Quebecois have the time/money to make it. It's gonna be ****ing awesome, consider this your official first post-pound 4 training tournament!! Register, confirm setups and all that sexy ****

GET ****ING HYPED! :):):)
sounds fun, i'll try to make it. i bet you'd be a good TO.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
pund 4 highlights:

- ryan ****** waffles was funning as hell. He ran away like any real man would. :)
- bernard almost beat armada and and the 0-death of stadium was lulz.
- Imadh made brackets. get at him!
- david BEASTED on lovage i was lol'ing the whole time
- axe's pika is unbeatble if you play spacies. Tru facts.
- SS beat armada in Winners bracket. everyone was going nuts
- chu and vidjo had a crazy intense set with adam and amsah. amazing set.
- Darkrain and SS went double falcon and got secodn in teams, and their sets vs Darc and Hax and PP and l0zr was hands down the best sets ever.
- There was a link player named HDL from puerto rico who was AMAZING. I watched him play lots of pros and he beat pretty much everyone i saw him play it was great.

ps. i wont eb able to make it to the LBT2 tourny. i have exams that weekend.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Lord HDL is the best player in Puerto Rico. He mains Link. First night at that hotel when we were wandering around meeting everyone, I wandered into a room where HDL, M2k and Hbox were playing. Lots of people were watching, and Lord HDL did the impossible. He beat M2k's Sheik on FD with Link.

it was a friendly but still.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
First night at that hotel when we were wandering around meeting everyone, I wandered into a room where hbox, M2k and Hbox were playing.
Oh no, there are two hbox's :O lol

Anyways, good **** GTA, i really gotta play you guys more =(
Why does Guelph have to be so far away?

I officially love this thread btw.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Get more hype, everybody better ****ing go. I expect no one from the GTA community to miss out on this tourney... unless you have exams like Tristan lolol. Confirm ASAPLEASE

I wanna go, but all i know is that i gotta take the 196 bus and thatll take me to york, is that right?

****... why do I have such bad luck...? Im heading back to Nicaragua the 5th...

Top Bottom