• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

weon - X

Smash Ace
i'll mm anyone here in smash 64. :)

i love that game, the only thing that keeps me from playing it as much as i want is that i dont have a controller worth **** anymore :(
ive got a decent 64 controller, but dont know if its decent enought for smash

dont know if im willing to sell it either :p

idea

Smash Master
ryan, i have one or two decent 64 controllers. i could lend you one if you want. don't really wanna sell them but i'm not using them right now.

Take me off the list. I can't make it.
haha, of course...too bad too, cause nate (runawayfire) was the jiggs main guy from back in the day and he doesn't come to stuff much.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure you're calling the right number Ryan? I have to change my phone number all the time when I switch back and forth between toronto and sask.

And Jake I'm gonna destroy you in b+ haha.
Call me like, when you get this. as in tonight, if you want. I highly doubt you'll **** me :p

4Serial

Smash Lord
i love smash64 hahah

does anyone know how to get to pacific mall from finch station?

Steeles Route :: From Finch Station
Take bus #53 to Steeles Avenue

sounds good? lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Old, but still hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1uk2OOpNLU#movie_player

Match has literally everything

Camping? Check.

Rambo? Check.

Waveeverything? Oh yeah.

Silly combos? Big check.

Up+B as an offensive move? Hells yeah!

Attempted triple Knee? Oh definitely.

Epic Failure? Big big big check.

Extender grapple? Yessir.

Random moves thrown out at random that randomly hit? Yup.

You guys should see my spiffy new sig.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ive got a decent 64 controller, but dont know if its decent enought for smash

dont know if im willing to sell it either :p
n64 controllers these days are such junk.

joysticks are always messed up, or buttons are broken. i should look into repair one of my trashed controllers some day

edit: IHSB makes samus look half fun to play

.Marik

is a social misfit
I love watching ihavespaceballs play. <3

Samus is a really fun character, even though she sucks.

But that's how it usually is.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i like his style cuz he tries things that are unnecessary and leaves him open a lot, but it looks cool as hell.

so much more entertaing than the WD -> ftilt, b-up oos, rinse repeat hugs plays.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
why dont u guys be men and sleep in the wild

i need a song for the trailer...any ideas guys?

edit: ima put Summer 2010 for the due date that gives us lots of time to get better and get **** combos plus lots of time for me to edit it :D

I.B

Smash Lord
who knows...Why would you need one though? Couldn't you just get the .wad file of the game you're looking for and install via Wad Manager?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yaaaay, happay birthday david~~

and belated to bernard too haw haw

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Alright.

For the 28th, because I don't see any other way of doing it, I'd like

Kurtis
Imadh
Ryan
Bernard
Josh
Chris
Kyle
Camilo
The twins

To come. If people on that list flop, I'll replace people, but I'm letting those come because I've known them, want to chill with them, they have *pound* 4 things to work out (either need practice or payment or whatever) at the thing, or because I'm terribly biased, low on space, and don't see another way of doing this.

I don't think there's any way I can do this without looking like a giant tool to the people that I'm excluding and I'm sorry - if you've been to my smashfests in the past you'll know I try very, very hard to include everyone but it simply doesn't work out for this one, so I'm forced to play favourites.

Sincerest apologies. I hope Kyle's more spacious venue becomes available in the near future. My and his mom could bake cookies for everyone again ^.^

On a lighter note

idea

Smash Master
hehe, hopefully. in early january i'll try to work something out. although i think there's already a tournament on the first weekend back.

idea

Smash Master
so convincing lol after watching mangos puff not use rest and get all those **** combos i wouldnt mind picking her up as a 2nd char
her movement game is so fun. that stuff where you pressure people with just empty hops and wavedashes is a big part of why i haven't switched to falcon or something :bee:

also, there are reasons for him not resting besides just flashiness. above 40% or so jman can usually come back in time and kill him on most stages with lasers + charged upsmash. since he's mango he really doesn't need to take that risk, and it could even screw up his momentum a bit, since jiggs can be hard to kill otherwise.

but yeah, half the time it was just for lolcombos.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
also smash 64 to good right imadh? forward throw uair uair uair uair falcon punch :D
na son, kirby:

dair, uptilt, dair, uptilt, dair, bair -> spike
like falco up n this joint.
or just be uber gay and fmash -> grab their sheild. its so broken.

idea

Smash Master
We should use this song for whatever you use for Kyle if we're doing individual parts

http://www.youtube.com/user/ocremix#p/search/1/7SKZQUkBxAI
not bad...i could probably find something better.

i heard that mango said he could beat jman without using rest thats why he did it, to prove a point

edit: trailer #2 is up someone make a thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QNw_VgJHh8
i agree with imadh, not bad but could be better. but it's not your fault, 'cause the editing was fine...i just know we have better combos to put in there. why'd you reuse the stuff from the first trailer, though...?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
cuz....i was lazy, honestly im thinking of getting rid of alot of old footage cuz most of it is **** or we could do much much much better,

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
cuz....i was lazy, honestly im thinking of getting rid of alot of old footage cuz most of it is **** or we could do much much much better,
I didn't like it.

Chris, where did you get that clip of me?

I'll post why I didn't like it later. Posting from iPod atm.

edit:

This post has been deleted about 3 times by browser failure. I'm also fully aware that you're just going to "lol I was lazy" john out of it, but I think 3/5 is actually generous for this vid. I don't know how Reggie came up with 3.5/5, I think that's insanely kind.

There are three things that leap at me immediately from watching it. Maybe we live in an age of spoiled trailers, but I think that from how the trailer looks, epic blunders in combo videos like the Mario segment from SSB:Metagame are shaping up to look better than this.

I would not make such a cruel statement without an opinion, so here's why.

The first flaw that leaps at me is the entire introduction itself and how it was done. I understand the merit of the first one because we had a lot of people and therefore a generic introduction is nice. Moreover, we all were very unknown. Who the hell is Desh? However, recycling it, after Kage placed 3rd, after we beat some notables, and at a time when Bernard and Ryan get at least 8 emails a week between the two of them of adolescent boys requesting a lick of a stick or a pogo ride makes the "we're never seen before" not only cliche but also a load of crap. It also diminishes the effect of the trailer. To anyone who's watched the first one, it really leaps out as "If they're just recycling crap, why watch?" It doesn't look like any effort has been put in, too, which you actually confirm.

Why would anyone want to watch a combo video starring Bernard when they can just flick to any of the ten combo videos he's in already? Ones that look like time was put into them?

Second is the personalized introductions. While not a bad idea in theory, in practice they are very distracting from the actual combo video. It's cool you want to introduce everyone, but having such flashy introductions that have nothing to do with smash is overbearing. Not to mention they're not even all that personalized when you really think about it; what the hell is going on in Ryan's introduction? It feels like a lot of them made no sense for the player at all, and while the ones that did were somewhat effective, the lack of unity gives the impression of jumping around everywhere. This is supposed to be a crew combo video - a "We're in this together", kind of deal. Instead, we have a magic ring, the most elaborate font ever with a bunch of letters next to it, a blue glow thing, and the horror-movie TV static-picture screen.

You could have easily had everyone introduced with black background and white lettering and been just as effective. You could have just had a list in the description of who's playing at what time, or even just who's playing in order.

Third would be the positioning of the clips. Kyle's clip isn't bad for a clip, I suppose, but it's positioned really awkwardly. I understand this was put in alphabetical order, but I really don't think, in hindsight, that it was a good idea to do it that way. At the points where there's the most going on in the music, you have... Jigglypuff. Or Kage. And in the absence of music and noise, when everything's slowing down, you have the Fox. Clips that match the tone of the music is combo video 101. You can't have a Fox combo video to Swan Lake, it just doesn't work. Similarly, a fast song with lots of impact is hard for Puff to pull off. Maybe if he does a **** combo into Rest sure, but half the clip was movement-based spacing.

I don't know about you guys, but I was more impressed by the Galaxy Blast trailers.

Top Bottom