• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Cyan_

Smash Lord
That KrazyKnux guy so funny. He's like mexico's biggest groupie they never met.

I made up some random names of mexican players that are coming to apex(Eniss, SantaFe, JorgeBB) and apparently he's heard of the first one and he's pretty good!
LOOOL amazing

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
No the 19th I believe

:phone:
Okay, that I can probably go to. Isn't there a thread for these monthlies or something with more details?

If I do come, I'd like to be there as long as possible, get my *** kicked from dusk 'til dawn, and really learn a thing or two.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yeah, I can't link it on my phone but should be on tournament listings titled 6-4 Match up. Go to the main page, find console tournament and read all the Canada onss

Engo

Smash Ace
Okay, that I can probably go to. Isn't there a thread for these monthlies or something with more details?

If I do come, I'd like to be there as long as possible, get my *** kicked from dusk 'til dawn, and really learn a thing or two.
Good attitude. More new players need to think like that instead of being discouraged and not coming back after their 2nd tourney.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Good attitude. More new players need to think like that instead of being discouraged and not coming back after their 2nd tourney.

Well, I know and have known for many years what it takes to compete. I also know that I don't have it. :)

What I do have is a deep, deep love for this game and the self-motivation/stubbornness to get better. Not because I want to be the best, but because I love competition. To me, getting farther in a tournament just means I'm getting to play more. :bee:

So, while I don't feel ready at all, I may as well compete as I'll be paying the entry fee for a full day of friendlies/practice anyway.

In the meantime I'll always be open for hosting or going to someone's place for Smashing. I will always throw the invite out there even if I almost never get a response because I want to contribute something to the community.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
so I have no visa card anymore.. wonder how little cash i can spend at apex =p

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Pokemon X and Y. I'm sorry but I still cringe at the starters, and the idea of a firefox is my favorite thing in the world...if Ninetales didn't already do it right. Maybe it's just me.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Just heard that little bit of news in another forum I post in. Don't mind my copy/pasting my response:

"Meh. Unless they've overhauled the battle system, I'm just not interested. Pokemon battles aren't engaging, and haven't been for years. Not for me at least.

Will gladly accept any new additions to the Pokemon cast of future Smash Bros. games, however.

Now those are Pokemon battles!"

Oh, and I also don't like the starters. Maybe the evolutions will look cool, but to me every new generation of starters has looked worse than the one before since the beginning. Well, almost. I'd rank them (including their evolutions) thus:

Red/Blue > Ruby/Sapphire > Diamond/Pearl > Gold/Silver > Black/White

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah I don't know how excited I am for the new pokemon game. Not that it looks bad, it's just that they're really starting to milk main series. I haven't even beat BW2 yet. OR BW original for that matter....

The only way I'm going to get it is if I don't have to pay for it

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Only way I'd get it is if a 3DS magically dropped into my hands. I have no problem paying for games I'll play but there's something about buying new hardware that always turns me off. I've saved up a bunch of best buy gift cards though so I gotta make up my mind on any new consoles.

edit: There were rumours that the full 3D pokedex models would be used for a Wii U HD game with pokemon stadium style battles...kind of disappointed now, mainly because the graphics look the same but from a different angle.

idea

Smash Master
When black and white came out everyone said the pokemon drawing style looked really different, but I couldn't tell what they meant. NOW i can tell.

But they're just gonna be 3rd form for most of the game anyway, so I won't judge the first one too much.

Anyway, it's a step closer to making a full 3D pokemon game on a console.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
yea i wouldnt get this unless i somehow get an amazing deal on 3DS. Like $80 lol. But i think it looks awesome

also essays are ****ing impossible when youre 2 days away from going to apex. the ****ing HYPE

Engo

Smash Ace
yea i wouldnt get this unless i somehow get an amazing deal on 3DS. Like $80 lol. But i think it looks awesome

also essays are ****ing impossible when youre 2 days away from going to apex. the ****ing HYPE
School doesn't realistically start for me until next week. I'm at school right now but I do not give a single **** cause of apex is on my mind lol

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
You could make it...but you did get one of the brackets with more overall competition. Laughing at bernal right now being in Mango's pool but on the complete opposite end, coffeeblack doesn't seem to have it too bad other than Armada. GLHF.

idea

Smash Master
Top Bottom