• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
hmmm chances are at this point wednesday will be the day i'm driving out. if it could be at david's that would be awesome cuz it's closer to our destinations i think, unless she wants to go to utsc then your place would be good. but if it's david's then i could play james too :D
probably.

ryan your SD vs m2k made me angry and sad
sucks. I think I could've won that game.

i just hope you'll start using your alternates more now, ryan. they're fun to watch.
maybe.

Nick let's team at A&C then go out for beer.

Also watching like David vs. Vince, David vs. M2K, Ryan vs. Bam, Ryan vs. Vince, Ryan vs. M2K me want to get better again. This was after feeling super ****ty after losing to the samus that like tried to CC my f-smashes/did CC a tipper d-air at 50% to d-smash and debating giving my controller away after watching a few other sets.
I'm glad to be one of the people to help with inspiration :D

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Nick let's team at A&C then go out for beer.

Also watching like David vs. Vince, David vs. M2K, Ryan vs. Bam, Ryan vs. Vince, Ryan vs. M2K me want to get better again. This was after feeling super ****ty after losing to the samus that like tried to CC my f-smashes/did CC a tipper d-air at 50% to d-smash and debating giving my controller away after watching a few other sets.
you should get better again =D

and kurtis let's teammmmmmmmm since mike doesn't wanna team... haven't teamed with you since apex >_> i can pick you up so you don't have ride johns

I won teams with different partners too, if they know what they are doing with me then my chances to win in doubles is very high. Like with Axe and have beaten M2k. I won with Vwins too plenty of times.
stop feeding the troll X_X

probably.
sweet.... can you let me know ASAP?

sucks. I think I could've won that game.
yeah you had a ton of momentum

Bing

Smash Master
Well, Just sayin, Ryan, you also had quite a few amazing moments vs. M2K.

And whoever was commenting during teams, they defs didnt give any Ontario native players any credit. "The team of M2K and Kage, should do pretty well considering there world class players" and for David and Ryan "They're some pretty good players from Toronto.
I dunno, i think their not giving enough credit, the one guy didnt even know who Kirbykaze was....

Anywho, im done :)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Oh really? I'm being trolled? I don't even know! =P
lol it's okay

i'm teaming with him :embarrass:

if you still wanna pick us up from london that'd be swell tho :awesome:
oh i didn't know you were back by then. i think the boards did mention that seomwhere. let's play to see who gets to team with him ;) i don't really care who i team with really lol

and you guys are in london by the 10th already? **** that i don't feel like picking you guys up from so far >_>

idea

Smash Master
Well, Just sayin, Ryan, you also had quite a few amazing moments vs. M2K.

And whoever was commenting during teams, they defs didnt give any Ontario native players any credit. "The team of M2K and Kage, should do pretty well considering there world class players" and for David and Ryan "They're some pretty good players from Toronto.
I dunno, i think their not giving enough credit, the one guy didnt even know who Kirbykaze was....

Anywho, im done :)
yeah, i'd say david/ryan/bernard/imadh are pretty much the most well-known canadians after kage...imadh less so 'cause he travels less...so that's the commentator's fault.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yeah, i'd say david/ryan/bernard/imadh are pretty much the most well-known canadians after kage...imadh less so 'cause he travels less...so that's the commentator's fault.
The commentator is just really inexperienced and it obviously showed with the sandwich and the reverse sandwich comments for teams. loll. Or the sandwich zone.. lolll. But other than that, I think he did ok for his first time ever without much information.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think my commentary would have been better if the other guy hadn't kept interrupting me but yeah. I guess he was probably trying to keep me focused on the match or something 'cuz I tend to ramble and go off on tangents.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
:awesome: @ the rejuvenation of drive

:urg: @ samus players

*:troll:* should have gone sheik *:troll:*

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
euphoria....you are underestimating captain charisma...that's why you lost...He almost 3 sotck bam one day...which I guess you didn't do...please accept your defeat, train, and beat him hard next time ;)...by the way...falco and marth are his best match up...and i'm pretty sure you are not playing good samus regularly

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I don't think a good Samus tries to CC forward smashes lol, especially not around like 80%. I just suck/couldn't deal with the cheese tactic of him spamming CC/kinda trying to camp shield and should have gone Sheik or something I guess. Lots of stuff I could have done better really.

I tried being in the air Kage, lol he'd cc tipper d-air at 50% and still d-smash me, CC tipper f-airs to d-smash. I should have just stayed more to the ground if anything >_> space with d-tilt and more grab. I kinda didn't grab much cause I felt I was so slow out of my throws and didn't get anything from them. I'm pretty bad :( I think I've also only played smash like 4 times since that Ottawa tournament in total.

On that note >_> I guess I'll try to practice this fall when people are in Kingston, I kinda maybe want to. Weeklies are run anyways which gives me a chance to play. It was good to watch David play people and Vince too. No Peach or Sheik plays like either of them/sick of watching Tope and Lucien place spamming like sidestep/DI into every combo. Made me actually want to play some games and try to get better. >_> Been feeling pretty emo about this game like watching all this Jigglypuff/cheese bull****... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9PEQtsZ-1U cough cough.

idea

Smash Master
But other than that, I think he did ok for his first time ever without much information.
yeah, his commentary was alright.

I don't think a good Samus tries to CC forward smashes lol, especially not around like 80%. I just suck/couldn't deal with the cheese tactic of him spamming CC/kinda trying to camp shield and should have gone Sheik or something I guess. Lots of stuff I could have done better really.

I tried being in the air Kage, lol he'd cc tipper d-air at 50% and still d-smash me, CC tipper f-airs to d-smash. I should have just stayed more to the ground if anything >_> space with d-tilt and more grab. I kinda didn't grab much cause I felt I was so slow out of my throws and didn't get anything from them. I'm pretty bad :( I think I've also only played smash like 4 times since that Ottawa tournament in total.

On that note >_> I guess I'll try to practice this fall when people are in Kingston, I kinda maybe want to. Weeklies are run anyways which gives me a chance to play. It was good to watch David play people and Vince too. No Peach or Sheik plays like either of them/sick of watching Tope and Lucien place spamming like sidestep/DI into every combo. Made me actually want to play some games and try to get better. >_> Been feeling pretty emo about this game like watching all this Jigglypuff/cheese bull****... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9PEQtsZ-1U cough cough.
yeah just from watching some of it, i would have said to stay grounded more and grab him...he was shielding a lot and not wavedashing as much as most samuses.

if you want i can go non-jiggs against you at some local :D i reserve the right to switch back to jiggs in the event of tech skill being off, though. i don't wanna lose to someone because i can't l-cancel that day.

also LOL at that video...i can't defend that :laugh:

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Play Puff or anyone you want, I know the match up and how to fight her. I don't dislike facing Puff anymore then like Sheik as Marth/campy Falco as Fox or whatever. I'm fairly confident about winning against your Puff/any canadian Puff with Fox or Marth. I legitmately think Puff breaks even with every character or better (honestly I only think it's even vs. Fox and Falco and advantage vs. everyone else). I just think Puff should be banned because she's way too overpowered, especially in teams. And super especially when my team mate kills me like 5 times in 2 games ;) I love you Pest

>_> That video is so dumb/seeing how bad of a player Hungrybox actually is. I'm pretty sure Ryan would beat that Falcon with ****ing Pichu.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
euphoria....you are underestimating captain charisma...that's why you lost...He almost 3 sotck bam one day...which I guess you didn't do...please accept your defeat, train, and beat him hard next time ;)...by the way...falco and marth are his best match up...and i'm pretty sure you are not playing good samus regularly
This.

[...]
Been feeling pretty emo about this game like watching all this Jigglypuff/cheese bull****... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9PEQtsZ-1U cough cough.
In red, why you failed. In yellow, where you got outplayed/baited.
Also, you got edgeguarded the **** out. Bomb to utilt, off stage nair, I saw everything that was possible. And CC is one of our best. You got outplayed. At least you didn't throw your controller on the ground (but I had a boner when you almost did... or maybe that was from David).

I couldn't watch anything from that video past 1:45, I had to stop it. Hbox... ish.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
puff isn't anything close to overpowered.

if ryan can take 3 stocks from bam's FALCO as PICHU, people need to stop with the ****ing character johns.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm really sad about the Phoenix nerf. She only shoots one fireball now when she does anything? Lame. They should have made it three or two or something. One is so blasé. How is she supposed to win now? They're just trying to keep the white woman down.

I don't like the comparison to Phoenix to Puff for a few reasons though. Puff doesn't die easily nowadays (passive combo resistance as a result of weight-gravity mix and some really good dodge properties) and while Phoenix is getting hit by the nerf bat, Puff I feel has a lot of room to grow. People aren't really using Puff's full potential or anywhere near it. I think she has a lot more available to her than people realize, especially in the way of punishment.

I'm mostly thinking of King on this. King's neutral game might have been a lil' overzealous at times but I don't think there was much mechanically wrong with a lot of his combos. I also think her Dair and edgecancel proficiency has a lot more potential than people realize, but I don't think these will really impact anything until people start thinking outside the [hungry] box.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
heyyy david you never really confirmed and ryan was sorta indirect but would you be ever so amazing to be able to have me over for like an hour or two at some point tmrw? my gf and i are driving out and i'd loveeee to get some smash in :)

prease let me know? via text or i'll check the boards frequently too

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Winnings for 3rd was 27... 2nd was 160. lol. Bad mistake.
What the f*** kind of split is that?

under a traditional 60/30/10 split 2nd place should only get 3x the amount of first place?

unless there was ridiclous bonus pots that double'd 2nd prize money but not 3rd :glare:

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
What the f*** kind of split is that?

under a traditional 60/30/10 split 2nd place should only get 3x the amount of first place?

unless there was ridiclous bonus pots that double'd 2nd prize money but not 3rd :glare:
I made an error...I wanna pay for the fifth first place...I: tought that 4th and 5th were same ranking...but its 5th and 6th...anyway so I did this mistake
1)60
2)30
3)5
4)2.5
5)2.5
..instead of
1)50
2)25
3)15
4)5
5)2.5
6)2.5

that my bad :(

EDIT: next time we will be 2 to split and count the prises ;)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He's saying I got cheated out of money.

But I don't really care. I don't play smash for money. I have a lousy job that I hate for monetary sustenance, thank you very much.

edit:

Anyway, Ryan basically shoved $50 into my hands after GFs despite me telling him I didn't intend to split with him when I gave him the set. I guess Ryan's just too nice of a guy.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
and mike what you lost to a samus? =O

jkjk i'm sure there's context to it
I think there's some confusion coming from Montreal. I already know why I lost and it wasn't like 1 dumb mistake (maybe not going Sheik lol), I just played bad/play bad in general. I deserved to lose cause I suck, so he deserved to win I guess by that logic? So stop flooding this thread with how much of a genuis the Samus is. I'm not posting johns about why I should have won

Jack, The context is I suck, I couldn't beat a Samus that was trying CC *everything* to d-smash. But for Montreal, does that mean I think (or have to accept) he's a good/intelligent/whatever player? **** no. Ryan would probably be able to **** him with Yoshi. I wouldn't be surprised if the match was a 4 stock. I just suck and lost.

Edit: Jpobs, we have a player that can't l-cancel/DI/play any kind of mix up game/gets 3 stocked by someone that would go like 0-8 in round 1 pools at Genesis on an alt --- but he places top 5 at nationals. At what point do we start to consider that Puff is ****ing overpowered?

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
C'mon your marth is soo ****ing good! you **** at least half of montreal players... and im not sure that ryan could 4 stock CC with yoshi but maybe he could beat him ;)

Top Bottom