• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Bing

Smash Master
FFX was a great, I really loved it, still my favourite Final Fantasy Game BUT.... FFX-2 was... good if you wanted to find out what happened between Yuna and Tidus? The Whole costume thing was ****ing stupid...good try though guys

FFXII was TERRIBLE. Storyline = ****. Character depth = Pretty Bad. ****in everything was bad in that game. I was waiting for some characters to litteraly just be like "Wow this is gay" and walk off the screen"

FFXIII: Better then 12, but still have some work to do to get back to games 7-10(I say those because there my personal favourite, and generally everyone elses)

On Another note I might be attending the September monthlies so wish me luck in all that I have to do in order to get there!

idea

Smash Master
i didn't like ff12, but i really hope you're not suggesting it's worse than ffx-2, because that would just be absurd

ffx-2's one good point was its decent class system (with a stupid name), beyond that it really had no redeeming value...well, i guess the battle system was good too, but it's just the standard ff battle system so that's not saying anything

whereas 12 felt boring and pointless in the storyline and dialogue and such, x-2 was actually repulsive :p

No I'm saying 12 was absolute **** and that alot of people didn't get 13 immediately or in general as a result. Also yes, we could put X-2 in place of 12. Really it's been a pretty bad slope for them
ohhh okay. haven't played 13 yet. i'm curious about it, sounds quite dumb though.

you know what's actually pretty good? ffta2. i've been playing it a lot recently. it's significantly better than ffta.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
When a game's story is ***, you sorta pray that the gameplay keeps you attracted...but when both are ***...you play purely because of the name...you're welcome to play me version of it Kyle...but as Mike says, you will probably be more disappointed than you were with melee ---> brawl.

Ministry

Smash Ace
final fantasy tactics for psone. the remake on ds is terrible

great game, reminds me a bit of ogre battle for 64

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i will try it sometime james...i guess i was waiting till i bought a ps3, but if it's really that bad and i won't wanna finish it anyway i might as well play it with other people around.

final fantasy tactics for psone. the remake on ds is terrible

great game, reminds me a bit of ogre battle for 64
yeah it's not a remake :p

but

fft >>> ffta2 >>>>>> ffta

Windrose

Smash Lord
windrose why does absolutely everything remind you of the simpsons.
They used to run the simpsons on almost every free cable channel when I was growing up.

You could watch it mon-fri 5pm (cbc) 6pm (omni tv) 9pm (commedy central) 11pm (fox) 12pm (comedy central again for some reason)

saturdays and sundays almost have an afternoon full of the simpsons on global/fox after football games. It's usually followed with king of the hill which i sometimes occasionally watched if I missed the simpsons.

So pretty much anything from season 1 - 20 i've seen multiple times and recite right away as soon as the first scene is shown.

Also, during first year university, some guy had all of the simpsons up to season 21 on DC++. I went to take a shower and it was all downloaded onto my computer in 15 minutes ROFL. Now I watch the simpsons on my computer whenever I'm eating in front of it.

^^^^

windrose = yellow
simpsons = yellow

must i say more? :awesome:

edit: windrose not many of those asians were really that attractive =p
^^

Pretty sure the one 3rd from the left had a lazy eye or something O_O
^^^

prettysure they were all drowned in makeup
wow, NOBODY liked 17/28? Plus it's razer. How many times have you seen a girl in razer costume? f

idea

Smash Master
HEY

i liked ffta
me too, but the other two are much better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance

i meant this sorry.

and im pretty sure its a remake.
me too, and it's not a remake :p no other game has a main character called Marche.

Also, during first year university, some guy had all of the simpsons up to season 21 on DC++. I went to take a shower and it was all downloaded onto my computer in 15 minutes ROFL. Now I watch the simpsons on my computer whenever I'm eating in front of it.
i missed out on dc++ by not living in res ever :(

JPOBS

Smash Hero
dc++ was the greatest thing ever in first year.

but then i stopped being lazy and figured out how to get my own stuff.

but rez owns. kyle, you ****ed up.

Bing

Smash Master
Rez doesnt own.. I lived down the street from my own school, and you know what that means? I Can sleep when I want and Host as many parties as I want. oh oh AND i have more then a room the size of the average household bathroom. Game, Set and Match.

Btw I already posted this in the tournament thread put does anyone know whos attending?

Windrose

Smash Lord
Does anybody watch michelle phan make up videos on youtube? She's the number 1 most subscribed female on youtube. Good music played in the background of her videos too. It's how I discovered Late night alumni.

Also, I saw a guy working at the gas station a&w drop a bun on the floor and re used it. 5 second rule all day at the eh and double u. I didn't want to break your heart ryan, but I just thought you should know.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Rez doesnt own.. I lived down the street from my own school, and you know what that means? I Can sleep when I want and Host as many parties as I want. oh oh AND i have more then a room the size of the average household bathroom. Game, Set and Match.

Btw I already posted this in the tournament thread put does anyone know whos attending?
woah, ur only listing the benefits of living off campus. rez has its benefits too.

such as hot women being EVERYWHERE. and most rez's have cool **** like ping pong tables, pool tables and stuff to play. Cafeterias that have food whenever u want and u dont have to make it yourself. Rez is in no way short on parties.

man rez is definitely worth going to atleast for the first year of uni.

Ministry

Smash Ace
That was alright, it reminded me of a college humor video. But this was more of a lower cass lol rather than a capital case LOL.

Did you go and read my message for you in the coin factory in ottawa?
you spelt case wrong, and no

Windrose

Smash Lord
Damn mechanical keyboards. Also, dota2 is coming out. you should get ready to quit LoL

EDIT:

Bing

Smash Master
i might go.

maybe we can play this time bing.

i will track you down at the tourny and play you.
Done Lol, This will actually be a good test to see how much I have improved, last time we played, you 4 stocked then 3 stocked me. XD

By I lived SO CLOSE to rez, that like, that ``hot girls`` factor was irrelevant, I was like, a block away. Yes, you do have me with the ping pong tables and ****. But Like, cafeteria rez food? Nah man, I can save money, by not being lazy, or if I am feeling, lazy I can walk to one of the 600 fast food joints surrounding the school. XD Like, when I lived in Etobicoke, and I was going to Humber, I lived a set of lights away from the school, and right across the street there was a macs, pita pit, burger place. I Also had access to any of the rez food, depending on if I wanted to walk there.

Btw two more thing that makes not living on rez the best. The satisfaction of knowing you can go to school, and keep your OWN place. And that you save money by having your own place. Thats right, for an entire year of school, it cost less then 6000$ plus food, lets really go up here and say 7000 a year(of school). For Rez, its 10k.

Top Bottom