• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The border, customs, etc. was just a surprise $8 bill per person. Annoying, but nothing serious.

No, the real issue is that some of them are MadCatz controllers because the bundle specifies that they don't assure 1st party controllers as part of the bundle. If you just buy controllers then they're guaranteed to be Nintendo brand but buying them as a combo with the cube messes it up.

Lame, but it's there. Written down and everything.

Right now the people who bought are looking at a 15% restock fee if they're gonna return the merchandise (which is, honestly, the only thing that really makes sense IMO because nobody wants a MadCatz). James is currently trying to find out how their return policy works so the fee can be reduced as much as possible. We got one Nintendo brand controller as part of the bundle (by luck; it very easily could have been a fourth MadCatz) so if we can keep that bundle (since, presumably, someone actually wants to gamecube) then that can reduce the restock. Shipping across the border will also cost an additional $8 to return the stuff.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Oh damn. That is bad news indeed. Hope it all works out.

The pools are also out for melee. M2k is coming? ?

Camilo, you have the option of going mew2 when we play...i'm just saying...xD remember. You have options in canada. Freedom!

:phone:

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yo, I have lots of zelda practice! The cpu never changes into sheik when you want it to

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
So I gave a 20 dollar bill to my friend, who dropped by a videogame store so we could grab another controller.

I was expecting a 3rd party Mad Catz controller or something along those lines, but it was a legitimate first party Gamecube controller, in perfect condition.

In Toronto, and other regions throughout the GTA, controllers are sparse, but further up north, there are vintage and retro gaming stores that still sell plenty.

Bing

Smash Master
Well, I know I live in Niagara and all, but I have an extra GC controller, thats Nintendo. I know I few people with controllers and I can look around locally if anyone wants one. I know its quite the trip for a controller but Im just trying to help out :p

Btw Nick, Congratz on the potential Job... I only got to play you once, and that was at my second smashfest... it was at Kyle's house and we played two matches... you 4 stocked and 3 stocked me. ****. I wish we could have played again but thats life and adulthood. Good Luck, thats an incredible job to have.

Ministry

Smash Ace
where are pools posted by chance?

and jack

9-5 Monday to Friday, and im getting a second job at either 3 restaurants or the chateau Willfard laurier hotel in the nights or weekend.

bing, yeah i wish we could of gotten to play again.

Windrose

Smash Lord
The pools are posted in the tournament thread info post.

is that also in ottawa? The second job

idea

Smash Master
The border, customs, etc. was just a surprise $8 bill per person. Annoying, but nothing serious.

No, the real issue is that some of them are MadCatz controllers because the bundle specifies that they don't assure 1st party controllers as part of the bundle. If you just buy controllers then they're guaranteed to be Nintendo brand but buying them as a combo with the cube messes it up.

Lame, but it's there. Written down and everything.

Right now the people who bought are looking at a 15% restock fee if they're gonna return the merchandise (which is, honestly, the only thing that really makes sense IMO because nobody wants a MadCatz). James is currently trying to find out how their return policy works so the fee can be reduced as much as possible. We got one Nintendo brand controller as part of the bundle (by luck; it very easily could have been a fourth MadCatz) so if we can keep that bundle (since, presumably, someone actually wants to gamecube) then that can reduce the restock. Shipping across the border will also cost an additional $8 to return the stuff.
ahh well that all sucks a lot =/ sorry for not noticing that guys, i know it was me who directed you to that deal, and i did look it over but i guess i missed that part.

anyway, james if you read this/david if you talk to him first: i can pay whatever my share of the whole thing is.

can someone give me some sort of estimate for what it will cost to give them back the bad controller and get a legit nintendo one?

also, i was gonna ask if i can come over this weekend anyway, and if so i can just talk to james in person then.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
where are pools posted by chance?

and jack

9-5 Monday to Friday, and im getting a second job at either 3 restaurants or the chateau Willfard laurier hotel in the nights or weekend.

bing, yeah i wish we could of gotten to play again.
dangggggggg someone's gonna be a high demand chef

30 years from now you'll be running your own shows lol

good stuff yo, proud of you

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Wow, what happened to these boards?

Anywho, popping in to say hi :D Haven't smashed in over a year, I'll come out soon if I see a hosting I can make.

<3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
M2K is in Mike's pool.

Pool 1:
raynex (O)
Fathuik
Erayz
Ally
Puddi
TM
KillMaster
wiseclown

Pool 2:
kirbykaze(O)
pkm
Techiyo
Mifune
Vrud
SNRI
AkaGenesis
Nate

Pool 3:
Kage
Idea(O)
Supreme Dirt(O)
MasterBen
Illian
Zaf
Theo
Zelec

Pool 4:
BAM
Sauc3(O)
pest
SimonX
Mom7
Alberto Alvarez
Sacha
Mprime

Pool 5:
Unknown522(O)
andrea(O)
PiKaLeX
That guy
Vash T.S
LinkPrince
FoxFF
bigred

Pool 6:
Chester
Riddlebox(O)
Chris
Kev
Shikenshu
Pappy
WAR
Black mamba

Pool 7:
Vwins
weon-x(O)
Windrose(O)
linksta(O)
Melef
Lusitanos
Blackburn
-

Pool 8:
m2k
Euphoria (O)
Captain Charisma
SSF
cF=)
Nephiros
Wak
-

60ish entrants is pretty ****.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna come for smash today? Lemme know via pm/txt. I get home around 5:45.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I will be back in toronto at around 8pm. I will try to swing by if you are still playing by then

Windrose

Smash Lord
I'll tell pk lx to remove andrea from the list.
Anybody know who black burn, melef, or lusitanos are? :(

I don't think I will make it out of pools again

idea

Smash Master
i also wanna see vwins vs. camilo, chester vs. james, and me vs. kage :p

windrose, no, never heard of those people, and you have ontario training...

Izek

Smash Cadet
2 things
1. can someoine give me the link to this montreal tourney? and is there gonna be a live stream for it? im interested.

2. ryan do u know when next a & c tourney is gonna be cuz i wanna book the day of in advance so me and reis can guarantee make it :)

Izek

Smash Cadet
In Toronto, and other regions throughout the GTA, controllers are sparse, but further up north, there are vintage and retro gaming stores that still sell plenty.
That is sooo true when i was visiting my aunt up north i went into this video game store and i found like 10 gc controllers and even games that are rare to find i was soo surprised. :D

unknown522

Some guy
2 things
1. can someoine give me the link to this montreal tourney? and is there gonna be a live stream for it? im interested.

2. ryan do u know when next a & c tourney is gonna be cuz i wanna book the day of in advance so me and reis can guarantee make it :)
September 10th

Top Bottom