• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Bing

Smash Master
thats a trap dont do it.
pfft lol. I know Im going to lose. Depends on how my progress continues.

The following percentages are based upon my ideal full potential;

First starting smash - smashfest and David's house. November 10
10%
Next Smashfest At Kyle's house and first tournament(entered to due everyone a favour to make a full 16) 15-18%
First Tournament - Hosted by Gichan.
25-27% Began Maining Marth here.
Last Tournament Attended - The Smush Room.(First set won :D)
32%
Since Leaving Gta and playing Locals. <- Time lapse of 3 months, minus 1 for vacation.
Jumped too 55%
Rust from not playing for a month - 47%

So based upon my current leaps forward in skill and new found potential. I truly believe that I can become one of the top players around. But, we'll just see. still got a long way to go though.

Anywho, the other night I met Niko, Max and Kev, some people from around here, Niko and Max are apparently some really legit organizers. Anyone know them? Nick should...

Dart!

Smash Master
Watched some Genesis videos. So many...
M2K vs S2J was a good set wow, I thought S2J would have gotten *****.
Sfat vs. Hungrybox was heart-breaking, **** puff
Hungrybox in crews, yeah definitely has to chase stuff... **** puff, b-air to cover half of the stage and stay safe
Hax ***** in crews/Lucien isn't good vs. Falcon or Marth damn
WC doesn't use SilentSpectre, S2J or Taj in crews but they still win (even using Silentz Wolf who takes like 1 stock... wonder if he still searches his name all the time)
ICs ***** Crews + Silentspectre vs. Wobbles (good set), damn get ***** people (Gmoney 3 stocked by ICs)
I love Eddie Mexico, seriously though he actually did really well in his sets
Lots of Kage videos damn
Shroomed beat alot of people pretty well
Around 3:23 of S2J vs. Esam from pools, man get your *** destroyed
Who the hell is Dart?
I don't think Axe had a very good day :( Pika vs. Peach is hella boring.. damn
dart's some guy from the midwest that beat lucky tang and sfat 2-0 in pools pretty convincingly. yeah he sucks.

unknown522

Some guy
kirbykaze posting:

stuff 'bout potential
I doubt that your leaps & bounds of improvement are enough to reach 55% of your max potential. And if that actually is the case, you're going to be disappointed with what you extrapolate your maximum level will be, based off your games with whichever decent player(s).

JPOBS

Smash Hero
pfft lol. I know Im going to lose. Depends on how my progress continues.

The following percentages are based upon my ideal full potential;

First starting smash - smashfest and David's house. November 10
10%
Next Smashfest At Kyle's house and first tournament(entered to due everyone a favour to make a full 16) 15-18%
First Tournament - Hosted by Gichan.
25-27% Began Maining Marth here.
Last Tournament Attended - The Smush Room.(First set won :D)
32%
Since Leaving Gta and playing Locals. <- Time lapse of 3 months, minus 1 for vacation.
Jumped too 55%
Rust from not playing for a month - 47%

So based upon my current leaps forward in skill and new found potential. I truly believe that I can become one of the top players around. But, we'll just see. still got a long way to go though.

Anywho, the other night I met Niko, Max and Kev, some people from around here, Niko and Max are apparently some really legit organizers. Anyone know them? Nick should...
Do you really think you can be one of the top players in the scene after such a short time, when others have been playing for years to get where they are?

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
It's easy to feel like you've gotten worlds better when you're out playing people that aren't the top 5...but trust me, that feeling will get crushed when you get back to the top play momentum...don't get your hopes up too much; it'll be disappointing.

Been there, done that.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Anyone can make up statistics to back up what they're saying. 40% of all people know that.

As Silent Spectre said in his podcast...

"I don't know..."

Europhoria

Smash Lord
dart's some guy from the midwest that beat lucky tang and sfat 2-0 in pools pretty convincingly. yeah he sucks.
Well, I didn't mean you were bad Dart. I've just don't follow the scene. You did well vs. Lovage outside of like some nervous moments.

Also Bing, I'm like the gateway guy (I think Nick is too). If you can't beat my Marth consistently and by a good margin playing against Ryan/David/Bernard with the idea of being a top 5 player will be depressing, also vs. Camilo and Imadh too. I think I only have a chance of beating Camilo with like x4 u-throw down air every game ;) <3 you Camilo

Kyle sorry I didn't clean up more, left in a rush. Actually almost ended up missing my Megabus later too lol.

Also LF teams for Montreal

peterx

Smash Apprentice
It's Stos

Kyle, my bad about saturday I was caught up the whole night. But next time! It's been a while guys lol. Also I have 2 controller's I'm selling for 20 bucks, and obviously I'll let you try it first. Someone host a tournament !

Europhoria

Smash Lord
So you found a ride to montreal? or are you taking the megabus from kingston?
Gonna take Megabus since it didn't seem there was a ride, Ryan I have housing for your car with Mr. Jodoin but he says like 2-3 people might have sleep on the floor. But he has some kind of super couch that can hold 2 or 3. But he wouldn't have any room after me + your car.

unknown522

Some guy
It's Stos

Kyle, my bad about saturday I was caught up the whole night. But next time! It's been a while guys lol. Also I have 2 controller's I'm selling for 20 bucks, and obviously I'll let you try it first. Someone host a tournament !
there is a tourney this saturday.....

Anyways, I've decided that I want to make a 3 min combo vid of myself before the summer ends, or a 15 min vid of the top 5-6 players. It probably won't have any cool editing (unless someone wants to help me with that). It's time for some serious recording at smashfests.

sauc3

Smash Lord
there is a tourney this saturday.....

Anyways, I've decided that I want to make a 3 min combo vid of myself before the summer ends, or a 15 min vid of the top 5-6 players. It probably won't have any cool editing (unless someone wants to help me with that). It's time for some serious recording at smashfests.
the melee community prefers videos that look like they're editing by a 6 year old with Parkinson's, who would b in it?

also, ontario melee power ranking? why isnt there one, it could have 3 sections

top4 - bernard, ryan, david, imadh
EDIT: cami (4 david)
other5 - lolwut no one else has any power

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'd come tomorrow.

But I have limited bus fare and need it to see about work all this week.

Top Bottom