• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
yo, how much did gas end up costing? so I can get it ready.

Also, man it's so much less when we ride with josh. Even in these expensive times.

I also wish josh was there. Camilo too.

edit: alright kyle.

Also, thanks for trying Pogogo.
We used a tank and a quarter. Total for the combined gas based on the respective prices (in toronto for $1.33/L and 1.28/L in ottawa) was $87.05

Split amongst 6 people is $14.50 per person (don't worry about the 50 cents). I'm not in a hurry to get the money so if you are strapped for cash just pay me back later when you have extra money on the side.

Sorry about the prices. We weren't really gas efficient on the way to Ottawa because we were trying to make it to the venue on time by 11:00am. On the way back, we used less gas.

I don't know how much Josh paid for gas but I can't offer any other explanations for the price we have to pay. There could be various reasons, ie. engine efficiency (he might have a newer car), # of people on the car (more people = heavier car -->more gas expenditure), distance traveled, fuel grade in terms of cost vs benefits and etc.

Alan/Andrew can verify my calculations and they also took pictures of the receipts.

Sorry once again about this but I hope you guys still had fun at the tournament in despite of these heavy gas prices :(

EDIT:

Unrelated note but is anyone else getting a notice about script usage every time they load a page in SWF?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I just want to purchase premium membership for a name change.

SmashBoards is so utterly incompetent.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Results:

1. Vwins/Raynex
3. Bam
4. Unknown522
5. Idea/Tect
7. Kage/Sauc3?
9. Europhoria/Pest/Ministry/Chesterr01

Teams:
1. Bam+Vwins
2. Unknown+Raynex
3. Kage+Pest
4. Chet+Jarc

Chester took a game off bernard in pools, though I didn't see it.
I would have liked to run the set with Mikey again, at a different time than 4am... I think I could have gotten 5th with the bracket displayed.
Also, Bernard won our set 2-0.7. He beat me first match, and on the second match, I SD'd early first stock, and he SD'd on purpose to make the match equal. Then he kinda sandbagged and I won. He jiujitsu'd me 3rd match.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh I forgot, thanks for coming guys! That's why I wanted to post... too bad we didn't really chill afterwards, I guess we should plan something in a few months again.

Hmm, wtf @ idea's link.
Are Quebec profanities kinda mindboggling? It does sound like **** though lol dude you grew up

Windrose

Smash Lord
Does anyone else get this notification every time on smash boards?

"This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js."

idea

Smash Master
LOL i just like that word.

what do you mean by "you grew up"?

mine said that before i turned adblock back on. (does anyone get money for smashboards ads anyway?)

i find it funny that the one time toronto and montreal play again, it's not in toronto OR montreal. we gotta get our **** together.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
So we took the car to a garage in bowmanville. They found no problems with the transmission. They even drove it on the highway with no trouble. So Im going to drive the car home. lol.

idea

Smash Master
i didn't...and there was already a cube in my room to use when you guys were here last night...did you use it at the tournament at all?

Windrose

Smash Lord
I also think somebody switched my black controller with theirs. :( the black one I have now doesn't work at all...

Currently using my white controller...it has various problems. :(

I will probably order a new controller in the near future.

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
is it cuz his car is more gas efficient? lol and doesn't require a 100$ taxi? xD jkjk on the taxi

i agree this was oneee hellaaaaaaa funnnnnn weekend omgggggggggg

car ride *hands down* was perhaps tied for THE best part of the weekend.
lol

We used a tank and a quarter. Total for the combined gas based on the respective prices (in toronto for $1.33/L and 1.28/L in ottawa) was $87.05

Split amongst 6 people is $14.50 per person (don't worry about the 50 cents). I'm not in a hurry to get the money so if you are strapped for cash just pay me back later when you have extra money on the side.

Sorry about the prices. We weren't really gas efficient on the way to Ottawa because we were trying to make it to the venue on time by 11:00am. On the way back, we used less gas.

I don't know how much Josh paid for gas but I can't offer any other explanations for the price we have to pay. There could be various reasons, ie. engine efficiency (he might have a newer car), # of people on the car (more people = heavier car -->more gas expenditure), distance traveled, fuel grade in terms of cost vs benefits and etc.

Alan/Andrew can verify my calculations and they also took pictures of the receipts.

Sorry once again about this but I hope you guys still had fun at the tournament in despite of these heavy gas prices :(

EDIT:

Unrelated note but is anyone else getting a notice about script usage every time they load a page in SWF?
yeah, it's cool.

I would have liked to run the set with Mikey again, at a different time than 4am... I think I could have gotten 5th with the bracket displayed.
Also, Bernard won our set 2-0.7. He beat me first match, and on the second match, I SD'd early first stock, and he SD'd on purpose to make the match equal. Then he kinda sandbagged and I won. He jiujitsu'd me 3rd match.
Oh I forgot, thanks for coming guys! That's why I wanted to post... too bad we didn't really chill afterwards, I guess we should plan something in a few months again.

Hmm, wtf @ idea's link.
Are Quebec profanities kinda mindboggling? It does sound like **** though lol dude you grew up
We'll definitely chill eventually. I want to come down there once I have a ride or money.

Yo Ryan, I need to talk to you very soon.
k

So we took the car to a garage in bowmanville. They found no problems with the transmission. They even drove it on the highway with no trouble. So Im going to drive the car home. lol.
alright, good luck.

Yo...did you guys take my Wii out of my Backpack without telling me...? if so does someone have it...?
wasn't me.

Also, I think I remember there being an empty case on the floor at nick's house before we left yesterday afternoon.

idea

Smash Master
yeah that sounds vaguely familiar, what ryan said about the empty case...

also i looked around my house just to be safe, didn't see a wii anywhere.

windrose, that sucks =( i learned a long time ago to never let my controller out of my sight. at starfurry...5? the only one i went to, anyway, at one point i left my controller on a table. went back later, it was gone. looked around frantically for it, couldn't find it, eventually i somehow found out that someone had just picked it up to play with it at a nearby tv, so they gave it back. but that was enough to make me never leave my controller anywhere again.

unknown522

Some guy
I also think somebody switched my black controller with theirs. :( the black one I have now doesn't work at all...

Currently using my white controller...it has various problems. :(

I will probably order a new controller in the near future.

:phone:
let me try again. We got rushed and I didn't get to fix that 1 issue.

Windrose

Smash Lord
let me try again. We got rushed and I didn't get to fix that 1 issue.
Alright sure. I'd greatly appreciate it! The L-button feels better but the analog stick feels really weird now :S

EDIT:

Unrelated, but just a heads up for those who aren't going yet. Anime North is coming up soon. I pretty much go every year cuz there's lots of hot cosplayers and the events are fun too. There's occasionally melee (but it's not really the main reason I go, they didn't have CRT tvs last year when I went).

"Why should I go?"

Well, if you like stuff like this:

Also, i just discovered a goldmine of a cosplay website full of asian girls (camilo, you're gonna love this)

www.cosrain.com (it's where I got that sample picture from)

Oh yeah... You should also go if you like anime in general haha. There's cool stuff and panels to check out. There's also lots of "adult" stuff past minute if that is something you are interested in.

idea

Smash Master
LOL...I mean, I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons everyone goes, but that post just makes you sound like such a creeper =P

unknown522

Some guy
Alright sure. I'd greatly appreciate it! The L-button feels better but the analog stick feels really weird now :S

EDIT:

Unrelated, but just a heads up for those who aren't going yet. Anime North is coming up soon. I pretty much go every year cuz there's lots of hot cosplayers and the events are fun too. There's occasionally melee (but it's not really the main reason I go, they didn't have CRT tvs last year when I went).

"Why should I go?"

Also, i just discovered a goldmine of a cosplay website full of asian girls (camilo, you're gonna love this)

Oh yeah... You should also go if you like anime in general haha. There's cool stuff and panels to check out. There's also lots of "adult" stuff past minute if that is something you are interested in.
LOL...I mean, I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons everyone goes, but that post just makes you sound like such a creeper =P
hahahahahahahahaha

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

heh, our car paid more for gas than that...it must be that josh is just really good at not using gas, somehow.
gas rates are wayyyyyyyy higher than whenever josh drove. you should stop being so apologetic too. tho i don't know how josh charges, tho it sounds appealing LOL. i personally think 15$ is a great price to get to ottawa and back. we paid that too (tho with 7 to split). and i don't know the math for that but oh well i think we underpaid sorta. also, kyle, we drove way more i'm pretty sure (kingston)

"Why should I go?"

hahahahahahahahaha
looooool, mad creeps. but not gonna lie, some are SO hot. but sometimes ppl overdo it and make it like a convention where "i get to look ****tier than halloween!" sorta thing. which sucks. but otherwise, oh my it's great :awesome:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
so more than half the vids i took are uploaded

why do i get a "!There was an error saving your video settings.: Bad value." msg?

i can't seem to find a programming related issue with what i did to uploading vids
only happened twice; the rest are fine.

Windrose

Smash Lord
nvm, things are okay now... :S not sure what it was all about before....maybe server was experiencing some spikes or something I dunno.

Top Bottom