• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Metà

Smash Master
haha cool, thanks for putting that on youtube.

hi. you still play smash? it's been like...years. lol

friendlies all dai =O

i can most likely host when you come down, if kirbykaze can't, but he probably will cause he usually does when non-ontario people come here.
ahhh yeah that would be amazing. : D

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Ministry- Thanks for the advice will try the needle sweetspot next session.

Kyle- I have no ride and am dying slowly from not being able to make it out 2 see you guys, but what's even more pathetic is my skill level. I do still play a lot just not with enough competition

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
yo jack if u ever wanna come over again, you're more than welcome :p
yeah man thanks again for having me so last minute. it was super fun sorry i only had an hour... i'll make another trip again! too good. hopefully next time you won't sandbag so much :laugh:

Kyle- I have no ride and am dying slowly from not being able to make it out 2 see you guys, but what's even more pathetic is my skill level. I do still play a lot just not with enough competition
what happened to your car/talking to me about smash/loo smash

i expect a response to all 3 LOL

idea

Smash Master
well if i had it my way, we'd leave like friday 10pm lol, but no one ever decides to sleep during the day and everyone complains about being tired at night. i work friday evenings usually, and it's possible to get it off, but it's a huge hassle which includes my family being pissed at me lol

i'd like to be back in guelph sunday by 4pm too if that's possible. my family works at a family friend's restaurant for mother's day all the time so a lot of ppl'd be pissed if i missed work there too haha

otherwise, i got zehrs off for may 7th/8th completely. so no legal obligations. only family lol
so if i'm reading that right...you want to leave friday night, but you have to work first? that sounds okay. i mean it's up to james though, since he's driving, but i know he and kurtis show up to tournaments at like 8 am having driven all night, and ottawa isn't as far as new jersey =P

and...leave from ottawa sunday morning?

lol, we miss you too. my mom still asks "what ever happened to peter?" every now and then.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
so if i'm reading that right...you want to leave friday night, but you have to work first? that sounds okay. i mean it's up to james though, since he's driving, but i know he and kurtis show up to tournaments at like 8 am having driven all night, and ottawa isn't as far as new jersey =P

and...leave from ottawa sunday morning?
yeah hopefully we leave sunday morning :)

and thing is for apex, we knew we were gonna leave thursday night lol. but NO ONE decided to sleep BEFORE the trip. i had class, work, and packing lol, and i still contributed driving >_> and ppl just sorta whined about being tired lol. i mean no offense at all. but that's sorta what happened.

i don't remember what happened for pound. we all got there by morning all dead tired. oh yeah, we agreed NOT to leave at 9pm, but we ended up playing smash at kurtis' and driving through the night anyways. and i missed a shift LOL. oh well.

all in all i just wished ppl slept a bit before we all chose to leave x) i'm looking at you kurtis :awesome: haha jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk i think driving through the night can be mad fun lol, just the exhuastion after sucks haha

edit: why does my sig always show when i don't want it to, and not show when i do want it to? i don't get sigs >_>

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
jack ne time u want man my cavy is scrapped man im walking everywhere g2 in 1 week man im pumped to be back on the road soon. Heart has never died only skill has. To everyone who tohught I was dead miss you all !!

Ministry

Smash Ace
how come besides like 3 ppl no one has
A Drivers license
B credit card
3 cooking skills
4 perfect grammmmer and spelin
5 cant count from A to 5

Bing

Smash Master
I Have an excuse for all A-5!
A Im an epileptic
B Trying to avoid more debt
3 I can cook believe it or not, almost went to culinary school
4 I believe my spelling and grammar is alright
5. this threw me off for a second XD

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
jack- my license expired and i didnt redo it for a year lol thats y I've been grounded to my feet.

Ryan- I just got ear ****ed

Everyone else- No one has "perfect" grammar or spelling. Or you would probably be an editor real talk.

unknown522

Some guy
^ hahaha.

Also, I just whooped my mom in another arguement, and then she said "you're not my son" and left. She also tried to kick me out, so I dunno what's gonna happen.

parental logic FTL

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
just sayin, My level 44 Arbok just beat Sabrina, Level 50 Abra, Level 50 Kadabra and level 50 Alakazam.
Toxic,then Screech, then wrap it to death. ****.
play an actual decent pkmn gen please >_< first gen is stupid lol

i have all those things besides a credit card, which is least important anyway.
actually, it's very ignorant to think that way. having a credit card(s) is actually really important and can save you in tight spots. it can help you go over budget if you need to make emergency purchases. also, having a credit card from a young age lets you build up a longer credit history. and assuming you pay every bill on time, it'll work wonders when you try to get a mortgage/loan when you grow up.

jack- my license expired and i didnt redo it for a year lol thats y I've been grounded to my feet.

Everyone else- No one has "perfect" grammar or spelling. Or you would probably be an editor real talk.
re: license -- get ****ed up lol, way to not renew it... it's so easy to do >_>

re: grammar -- "perfection" is a myth. "good grammar" is perspective.

Ministry

Smash Ace
jacks correct.

If you are feeling lonely and have no cash im sure a credit card can buy u an upper class respectable hooker tristan.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
nick: har har very funny >_>

david: ya i heard hbox was actually brutal with this stuff lol... i heard he's going to harvard tho? so that'd make sense.

bing: heh. i think the fact that later gen with 5x more pkmn to consider makes pkmn more difficult lol.

edit: nvm i forgot ev's work differently in gen 1, tho they do still exist. somewhat correct me... hi ryan

Bing

Smash Master
I like to bounce around in the gens...

Keeps me guessing... By doing that I seem to figure out more combos, so when I do play newer gens(B/W) I potentially have a different way of approaching things.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
FIRST GEN IS THE ONLY GEN!

how come besides like 3 ppl no one has
A Drivers license
B credit card
3 cooking skills
4 perfect grammmmer and spelin
5 cant count from A to 5
actually, it's very ignorant to think that way. having a credit card(s) is actually really important and can save you in tight spots. it can help you go over budget if you need to make emergency purchases. also, having a credit card from a young age lets you build up a longer credit history. and assuming you pay every bill on time, it'll work wonders when you try to get a mortgage/loan when you grow up.
I said the credit card is the least important, I didn't say it wasnt important at all.

literacy and math skills are obviously far more important than a credit card. Drivers license is major form of ID for anything, and plus you get to drive cars with it. Cooking is debatable i guess, but living outside of my parents house for the beter part of 3 years has taught me that beng able to cook properly is very important. I haven't had a credit card, didn't need one, but I did need to know how to cook.

that being said, the credit history thing is valid.

jacks correct.

If you are feeling lonely and have no cash im sure a credit card can buy u an upper class respectable hooker tristan.
marry me?

idea

Smash Master
one time it was too bright in my room, so i got up to close the blinds, then went back to sleep.

later on i woke up and realized that those were the old type of blinds i didn't have anymore. and i had closed them before i went to sleep anyway, like i always do. so the only possible explanation is...i dreamed about myself waking up and going back to sleep.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
anyone else have lucid dreams? and when you do, how good at you at being "the one"

like when i realize im in a dream and can control stuff, not gonna lie, I freakin suck lol. Like i try to do bad *** stuff but it doesn't work properly. I think its my subconscious telling me that i would actually make a terible hero.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Conservative majority, NDP leading opposition...

Liberals....what happened??? (only ~30 seats for liberals rofl)

-bloc quebecois also doing really poorly this time.

Harper: :troll: "Just as planned"

idea

Smash Master
tristan: i haven't had any of those in a while, but when i used to have them more often, i could pretty consistently control what i was doing but not where i was. like i could walk around and whatever, but i could never manipulate the location, just myself. and other people i guess.

and yeah srsly, what happened to liberals? ndp like took their spot.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
in the world this week:

Britain has a epic wedding for kingship. America kills their arch nemesis, and canada has elections.

great country guys :troll:

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
ok. I love first gen like anyone else but amnesia greatly increased special (attack and defense), anything with high special was automatically imba and psychic had no weaknesses (im sorry twinneedle oh noes) and was not resisted by anything. Worse still a pokemon could not attack when they woke up or when they were realesed from wrap causing gengar with hypnosis to be so imba. Like I love it and all but its terrible in terms of battling. Because of the simplicity (no abilities items etc) there very little dynamics and it makes the op pokes even more op.

idea

Smash Master
i was looking at a map on cbc.ca

it was like, toronto, quebec, B.C. mostly orange...saskatchewan, alberta, yukon territories mostly blue. and places like niagara and markham were mostly conservative too. for some reason there's such a clear distinction.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I didn't watch any of the debates. what did harper promise he'd do in his campaign?

Top Bottom