• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
lool. what do you guys all play? I know windrose you play falcon, Idea you too? The main dude I play against the most is falco, all his other secondaries are **** lol. I need experience playing a really good like... campy and cheap opponent such as marth, sheik or peach.

i dont have much experience playing a cheap/campy sheik or marth lol

PS: no one mains falcon cept me in the GTA. There's a guy named afro chris but I think he quit :(. There's also 4serial and linksta and i dunno if avarice still plays falcon, i think he switched to falco. Lots of people play falcon for fun though and they're really good.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman

PS: no one mains falcon cept me in the GTA. There's a guy named afro chris but I think he quit :(. There's also 4serial and linksta and i dunno if avarice still plays falcon, i think he switched to falco. Lots of people play falcon for fun though and they're really good.
lool . afro chris and IB combo video highly legit. holy crap man
IB vs mew2king so legit

Windrose

Smash Lord
Wow, I just realized how big that tent picture is rofl......lots of people can fit in it!

unknown522

Some guy
lol. Kyle maining falcon.

That's a good one.

Also, speed boost blaziken finally got banned. Also Chandelure got banned again and is apparently #1 in ubers.

Lol someone finally passed kyogre after 3 gens. Also mewtwo is #3. He passed Groudon. Zekrom (the black dragon from pokemon white) is #5.

idea

Smash Master
lool. what do you guys all play? I know windrose you play falcon, Idea you too? The main dude I play against the most is falco, all his other secondaries are **** lol. I need experience playing a really good like... campy and cheap opponent such as marth, sheik or peach.

reason being... falco is so like overwhelmingly powerful close in with lasers and shield pressure, but characters like sheik, marth, its like their moves are just so cheap that you really need to learn how to deal with it...
like basically all of marths tilts, his fmash, sheiks slap, downsmash, grab game
i dont have much experience playing a cheap/campy sheik or marth lol
hold on, this is a good reason to go get a picture:

if you thought sheik and marth were bad...:awesome:

hey wait, i guess you're the best falcon main in the gta right now, huh? that's pretty cool.

lol. Kyle maining falcon.
That's a good one.

Lol someone finally passed kyogre after 3 gens. Also mewtwo is #3. He passed Groudon. Zekrom (the black dragon from pokemon white) is #5.
my falcon is hilarious, it does absolutely nothing for 20 seconds then knees you out of nowhere

also chandelure is better than kyogre? whaaat...

(and i'm not copying you when i quote like 6 people, i just have a lot of things to reply to sometimes)

i play marth, fos andy, maybe i'll go tomorrow if idea lets me :p
yes you can come, GOSH

irelia is broken in league of legends just saying

kyle i will try my hardest to make it tommorow
LOL okay nick, good to know.

Kyle, we might come tomorrow. Not sure what time if we are.
okay.

Bing

Smash Master
Lmao... I havent actually played Black or White yet... I dont really know if I want to just because it took me awhile to finish Diamond/Pearl/Platinum because Im finding that they're changing the game so much its not amusing... and the fact that every time a game comes out they add like... 150 new pokemon, all with really ****ing ******** names and look just really bad. But B/W looks alright... Oshawot(sp) is like.. so cute XD

Ive never inserted an image on here before but if this works... Kyle this ones for you. :p

Obviously it did not work... it is however, a link XD

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Also, speed boost blaziken finally got banned. Also Chandelure got banned again and is apparently #1 in ubers.

gen IV: *IF ONLY* blaziken had speed!!! it wouldn't be so overlooked and overshadowed by things like infernape

gen V: *DAMMIT* blaziken has too much speed BAN IT BAN IT

lawl pkmn >_>

i don't see the amazingness of chandalure lol

idea

Smash Master
- Ryan Posting:

gen IV: *IF ONLY* blaziken had speed!!! it wouldn't be so overlooked and overshadowed by things like infernape

gen V: *DAMMIT* blaziken has too much speed BAN IT BAN IT

lawl pkmn >_>

i don't see the amazingness of chandalure lol
Shadow tag is stupid, with 140 base special attk and super type coverage.

idea

Smash Master
"http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.118961737138.130433.655687138#!/photo.php?fbid=236696072138&set=a.118961737138.130433.655687138&type=1&theater"

that just looks like a link that wouldn't work somehow. try saving it to your computer then uploading that to tinypic and using that as the url.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
- Ryan Posting:

Shadow tag is stupid, with 140 base special attk and super type coverage.
but it's sorta frail >_> and most are choice'd

i don't find him as gay as wob... wob was guaruntee set up + 1 kill maybe

chand is just... one kill..., plus gen V has team previewer which is soooooooooo dumb. ppl'd see it coming >_>

i don't know maybe it's just me i used it like for a day and didn't like it lol

Windrose

Smash Lord
Ryan you forgot to give me the 6.15$I will get it from you tomorrow when I come pick up kurtis.

Shout outs to everyone today. Thanks to kyle for hosting ggs.

RYAN KAM YOU DIDN'T SHOW TODAY! ! ! :(

:phone:

Ministry

Smash Ace
ryan/bernard/charles/pogogo

u can stay fri night and sat night but im leaving early sunday out of the town so u guys gota be gone sunday morning before 12

i have 1 pull out bed and 1 normal bed, and then i have a floor.

its really cold on the bottom floor so i advise bringing stuff to keep you warm. i have extra blankets and stuff but i would bring stuff anyway.

i have 1 setup and 2 tvs so someone bring a setup.

what food/drinks u guys want so i can go shopping, cause if u eat all my roomates food i get in trouble.

i do need a ride to the venue dont know if i can squeeze in the car or something.

get back to me on any/all of this.

idea

Smash Master
Ryan posting:

I see this msg. I'll talk to the others.

Taking that normal bed, all dai!!! (unless if it's yours, then I got the other one [option select])

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Who remembers this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUiQZvlmtDM

Edit: Or this: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EDC2E4AF2C217D01

Where are you getting your gen 5 info? Whenever I google it's all gen 4 stuff.

I have pokemon white.

Metà

Smash Master
I am most likely coming to Toronto in a couple weeks to visit family. I'll probably have some time to play smash though. I'd love to play you guys

who from this area is going to genesis 2?

Ministry

Smash Ace
soo... im having trouble edgeguarding with shieks against spacy firefox hugging. What's best method for shiek 2 ensure kill. Also kick *** in ottowa guys!
U can needle so it hits the sweetspot then when they firefox again and go above the stage hit them with fair or dsmash

If u have time grab the edge and rising soft bair/nair depending on there percent

weon - X

Smash Ace
I am most likely coming to Toronto in a couple weeks to visit family. I'll probably have some time to play smash though. I'd love to play you guys

yeiii good to hear man, looking forward to playing you

idea

Smash Master
haha cool, thanks for putting that on youtube.

soo... im having trouble edgeguarding with shieks against spacy firefox hugging. What's best method for shiek 2 ensure kill. Also kick *** in ottowa guys!
hi. you still play smash? it's been like...years. lol

friendlies all dai =O

i can most likely host when you come down, if kirbykaze can't, but he probably will cause he usually does when non-ontario people come here.

idea

Smash Master
SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT POST

1. jack: what is your ideal going to ottawa time schedule? basically, i know you want to not be there very long. other people generally want to be there longer. it'd be good to figure out a compromise now rather than just before leaving.

2. relatedly, i may host people next weekend the night before/day of/whenever we're leaving for ottawa. is this a good idea or not? (would people want this? i'm guessing yes since it's more smash)

unknown522

Some guy
Who remembers this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUiQZvlmtDM

Edit: Or this: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EDC2E4AF2C217D01

Where are you getting your gen 5 info? Whenever I google it's all gen 4 stuff.

I have pokemon white.
pokemon-online.eu

also Serebii.net for in-game stuff and pokemon stats.

Not going. Looking forward to you coming though.

idea

Smash Master
lol james, apparently you can also right click and "reload" to get past that black facebook frame for images and let you save the image. i'm starting to think that wasn't a privacy thing but just a fancy design, which happens to be flash maybe, which would prevent you from right-click saving.

also, if anyone wants to win a brawl tournament, or SSF4, or MVC3, go to A&C games in the future:

didn't bother mentioning the melee one cause everyone was already gonna be here. apparently it was like 3 stock with ridiculous stages.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
1. jack: what is your ideal going to ottawa time schedule? basically, i know you want to not be there very long. other people generally want to be there longer. it'd be good to figure out a compromise now rather than just before leaving.
well if i had it my way, we'd leave like friday 10pm lol, but no one ever decides to sleep during the day and everyone complains about being tired at night. i work friday evenings usually, and it's possible to get it off, but it's a huge hassle which includes my family being pissed at me lol

i'd like to be back in guelph sunday by 4pm too if that's possible. my family works at a family friend's restaurant for mother's day all the time so a lot of ppl'd be pissed if i missed work there too haha

otherwise, i got zehrs off for may 7th/8th completely. so no legal obligations. only family lol

ryan/bernard/charles/pogogo

what food/drinks u guys want so i can go shopping, cause if u eat all my roomates food i get in trouble.

i know i'm not housing with you, but with all your talk about cooking, i REALLY want to try your food out yo =D i'd totally chip in for ingredients if others want to too, but i really like trying new food and you're an amazing chef so let me at some goodies =D

Top Bottom