• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
btw, windrose if you're going to kyle's on sat, we can do an A&W run again. I still have coupons that expire on sunday.

split a mozza combo again or something.

idea

Smash Master
lol why are all three of these ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB1UBMPxgqU

man, I played like a *** in this match. I remember why too.
why?

wow, cactus lost to stric9 twice, but beat chops....

Major sandbagging? Or did he get a lot better?
i wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't sandbagging. i saw a set of stric9 beating chops a while back. also since chops suicides so much you never really know how well he's going to do.

btw, windrose if you're going to kyle's on sat, we can do an A&W run again. I still have coupons that expire on sunday.

split a mozza combo again or something.
tell me when you're going, i'll give you some money for amazing A&W fries.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I might come on Saturday Kyle, I have an exam that starts at 7pm but I might try to come afterwards if I get enough sleep leading up to the exam. Would get there between 10-11 probably

Ministry

Smash Ace
Kyle loves Mahone's guide because its puff, but just posts in mine to point out spelling and grammar errors.

puffs got to stick together.

just an observation.

idea

Smash Master
LOL...it looked good to me...but i can't tell if stuff is right cause it's sheik. also spelling and grammatical errors jump out at me. mostly i wanted you to correct stuff like that so people don't inadvertently judge you for things outside the guide's content.

where did you get the measurements in feet for falco and fox's roll length anyway? i was wondering.

Bing

Smash Master
I personally actually really liked the guide. Thanks Min.

On Another note, I've been playing Pokemon Yellow and I have determined that my current team having a Tangela, Arbok and Victreebel is ****. For this reason. Toxic, Leer and Wrap. Use Toxic, Then Leer then Wrap. Once you land Wrap, it does Wrap damage, X1.5 for Leer, then toxic increasing damage, and they cant attack. Get... ****ed up.. It even beat Blaine.... I love Yellow battle styles...

unknown522

Some guy
lol why are all three of these ryan
someone loves me.

It was because he beat bernard in winner's bracket at one of the tourneys and would sometimes come close to beating my doc. Then we discussed anti-puff strats with mike and david and the only answer seemed to be to laser camp her, since her appendages beat pills, and doc doesn't really have any good air-to-air moves to compete with jiggs'. f-air is too slow, and u-air has never been reliable. So then that match was the test (but lol, I never DD'd that game. Just roll away from her).

Also, speeding up the match was nice.

i wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't sandbagging. i saw a set of stric9 beating chops a while back. also since chops suicides so much you never really know how well he's going to do.
yeah, true.

I want to see eggm vs chops. He was talking to me about how to deal with falco's lasers at pound 5, but I want to see it in action.

tell me when you're going, i'll give you some money for amazing A&W fries.
k

I personally actually really liked the guide. Thanks Min.

On Another note, I've been playing Pokemon Yellow and I have determined that my current team having a Tangela, Arbok and Victreebel is ****. For this reason. Toxic, Leer and Wrap. Use Toxic, Then Leer then Wrap. Once you land Wrap, it does Wrap damage, X1.5 for Leer, then toxic increasing damage, and they cant attack. Get... ****ed up.. It even beat Blaine.... I love Yellow battle styles...
How the hell did you beat sabrina with that?

Also, doesn't wrap miss a lot for you?

oh and rapidash fire spin is great (only if you're AI). Beats both chansey and slowbro apparently.

Bing

Smash Master
I've only had 1 wrap miss... yes 1... I have no idea how this **** is working out... but its raper then ****....

Btw I also now have a Lickitung with Screech(makes wrap just a bit more ****), Toxic, Slam and megapunch...

idea

Smash Master
reminder:

BRING SETUPS

especially cubes/wiis + melee.

It was because he beat bernard in winner's bracket at one of the tourneys and would sometimes come close to beating my doc. Then we discussed anti-puff strats with mike and david and the only answer seemed to be to laser camp her, since her appendages beat pills, and doc doesn't really have any good air-to-air moves to compete with jiggs'. f-air is too slow, and u-air has never been reliable. So then that match was the test (but lol, I never DD'd that game. Just roll away from her).
haha...yeah, he wasn't really approaching, he was doing that thing where you space moves in the area fox might be about to run in. the counter to which is obviously to just never run in there.

that's part of the reason i started approaching foxes, like, ever, is cause i know that that's how the matchup works and i don't want to wait for step 1 countered by step 2, so i skip right to step 3. but sometimes i forget that in tourney people approach you anyway, so it's good to do the thing nate was doing.

Hey Kyle can I come over too tomorrow? :D
of course =P

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i dislike mahone's guide cuz playing him at pound was the most boring experience ever

everytime you read him he'd john about a technical error. everytime.

edit: hmm quoting nick didn't show up

Europhoria

Smash Lord

Also, speeding up the match was nice.

oh and rapidash fire spin is great (only if you're AI). Beats both chansey and slowbro apparently.
I remember that conversation. I also remember him getting really mad we told him to camp you because he would never approach lol. I think he made a post in Mango`s thread about it.

Also, I remember Fire Spin for 30 minutes in Stadium 1

unknown522

Some guy
^ you made a post about it?

also, I talked to bernard on the phone. He said that he's not coming. He's going to a family friend's birthday party. Charles is a maybe.

edit: david, when you see this bring your laptop. I want to play super meat boy, and my data is gone from my usb. I also don't want to start over again.

oh, and we can record matches I guess.

idea

Smash Master
again, i have super meat boy on my laptop. also mine mostly doesn't lag on like 800x600 despite my crappy graphics card, and i probably have more stuff unlocked.

actually, what's a good recording program? i could download that now, and we could use my laptop to record as long as someone brings splitters and whatever else. i don't mind uploading stuff either once i figure out how to do that.

or you could just bring his laptop, i don't care either way. just sayin'

sauc3

Smash Lord
so i changed my schedule so im workin sat morning instead, so I'm comin to da smashfest :D, i'll prob be there around 1 or 2

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
What time does it end? I'm actually moving out of my res tomorrow so I might be able to come after I get that out of the way. lol

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Also I most likely will be able to bring a rig (cube + melee)
only got one controller though

idea

Smash Master
yeah that's fine, normally people only bring their own controller anyway.

and uhh...i guess it doesn't really "end" =P people just kind of leave after a while and a few will probably stay overnight. but it's common for a few people to still be awake when it starts getting light outside again.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
yeah that's fine, normally people only bring their own controller anyway.

and uhh...i guess it doesn't really "end" =P people just kind of leave after a while and a few will probably stay overnight. but it's common for a few people to still be awake when it starts getting light outside again.
ahahah nice. so just out of curiosity how good are all you guys :S do you guys play with unknown522/kirbykaze alot? I feel like im gunna get my *** handed to me lol

Windrose

Smash Lord
Just come. I get my *** handed to me everyday. If you are a massochist, you'll be in heaven.

eeeeeeeee

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
Just come. I get my *** handed to me everyday. If you are a massochist, you'll be in heaven.

eeeeeeeee
lool. what do you guys all play? I know windrose you play falcon, Idea you too? The main dude I play against the most is falco, all his other secondaries are **** lol. I need experience playing a really good like... campy and cheap opponent such as marth, sheik or peach.

reason being... falco is so like overwhelmingly powerful close in with lasers and shield pressure, but characters like sheik, marth, its like their moves are just so cheap that you really need to learn how to deal with it...
like basically all of marths tilts, his fmash, sheiks slap, downsmash, grab game
i dont have much experience playing a cheap/campy sheik or marth lol

Top Bottom