• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
****ing camilo stole my blanket while I was sleeping.......can't sleep anymore. Tourney in 2 hours.

Also, bernard should've picked up the phone one of the days I called. Now I can't enter teams.

- the great ryan ford.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Did Josh go to that tournament too???

DAMNIT BERNARD, Why'd you have to pull a Bernard on the guys when you couldve had free money from this. Oh well, I bet with winning an easy *** MW event there was some actual reasoning as to why you didn't go.

:urg: I wish you went man.. no lie I wanted to see the return of gaynex

idea

Smash Master
josh got 9th i believe. he was eliminated by camillo in a non-serious set =P lots of canadians had to play each other, but it's kind of unavoidable when we make up like 20% of the entrants.

by the way, weon-x is now pronounced "waynex."

unknown522

Some guy
Did Josh go to that tournament too???

DAMNIT BERNARD, Why'd you have to pull a Bernard on the guys when you couldve had free money from this. Oh well, I bet with winning an easy *** MW event there was some actual reasoning as to why you didn't go.

:urg: I wish you went man.. no lie I wanted to see the return of gaynex
he had work.

damn, I could've teamed with velynn if I had at least a day in advance knowing that he wasn't coming. We would've won easy because he's a jiggs player.

I think me + alan could've gotten 3rd

unknown522

Some guy
I only won like $20. =P

also, kyle beat kels, lol

pound -> rest at like 24% when he was getting ***** and kels had that awesome comeback.

That was really funny.

Also, I wish camilo beat kels. It was really really close.

naw, I got enough money, just messing

JPOBS

Smash Hero
josh got 9th i believe. he was eliminated by camillo in a non-serious set =P lots of canadians had to play each other, but it's kind of unavoidable when we make up like 20% of the entrants.

by the way, weon-x is now pronounced "waynex."
kurtis an I ran through like a billion scenarios on the drive back and realized that even though we did comprise a lot of the entrants, the bracket was still poorly made because multiple times, multiple canadians faced each other as early as second round.

and "best case" scenarios were terrible

unknown522

Some guy
Vanz is free! =)
kage, if you face mango's link again then take the edge when he's offstage. If he goes low with up-b, then drop off and u-air him. If he hooks the edge (especially on BF), then either let him pull himself up, then ledge-hop u-air, or drop off and u-air before he pulls himself up.

Long story shot: Ledge invincibility abuse is really gay.

and yeah, vanz is pretty good.

unknown522

Some guy
camiloco posting: i had soooo much fun at the tourney hahaha i wish i wouldabeat kels, atleast i kicked his falco in the *** and made him go fox, thanks to imadh with his falco practice

Ministry

Smash Ace
im terrible, i didnt really beat anyone in freindlies, and i lose to samuses and bad foxes in pools, lose to marth in crews, and just get absolutly destroyed by falco's of any skill level.

really dissapointed in how i played, its like i just spamed all the time. dont care what i placed cause that never matters to me in tournaments to begin with.

i need to improve. just dont know how.

On a good note. Good job Ryan, we all knew you could do it. kyle good stuff beating kells and getting as far as you did, very surprised u lost to drephen (although u never crouched). Cami-lo, we all knew u were that good, really good job. and it was awesome that we all drove 3 hours to play each other in tournament.

idea

Smash Master
'salright, might have just been a bad day. sometimes people have bad days with smash for no particular reason.

lol yeah, i know jungle tried really hard to make the bracket work and all, but looking at the bracket image, the canadians could probably have been spaced further apart while keeping the seeding intact.

i realized later on that i was trying to beat drephen, when i should have been trying to beat sheik. but oh well.

idea

Smash Master
maaaybe...if the dsmash pushed you far enough away, then you spaced pound so that only the very tip hit, and it still came out before sheik could shield. still doesn't seem like it would work though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
maaaybe...if the dsmash pushed you far enough away, then you spaced pound so that only the very tip hit, and it still came out before sheik could shield. still doesn't seem like it would work though.
i mean you have a 20 frame window between the last hit and when she can do anything so...

Top Bottom