• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gravity Falls

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
What is Gravity Falls?

It's the brainchild of Flapjack writer Alex Hirsch and Disney Channel's newest cartoon.
Gravity Falls takes a brand of irreverent humor enjoyable by people of all ages, made popular by shows like Flapjack, Adventure Time, and Regular Show, and combines it with a heavy dose of conspiracy theories, paranormal themes, and mystery like one would find in Twin Peaks, The X-Files, or Courage the Cowardly Dog.
The content is considerably more risque than typical Disney Channel fare. Characters refer to death and murder without beating around the bush, and there are legitimately scary moments and on-screen deaths.
It features likable, relatable characters, it's cute, but not saccharine, and it has a lot of hidden elements, from subtle foreshadowing to secret codes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/GravityFalls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctX771EQeA
Lq Judylwb Idoov, wkhuh lv qr rqh brx fdq wuxvw!
http://themysteryofgravityfalls.com/

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is......

The only good disney channel show I might acutally consider watching.
I was wondering where your avi and sig came from ever since I saw it, MC.

The show has such a good animation instead of the those mini-stuttering kinds.
Don't get me wrong though, Phineas and Ferb is a good show as well.

Edit--

And to be clear, only episode 1 is free on iTunes.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
HOLY CRAP THE FPS ON THAT IS AMAZING
Woah
They put a lot of work into this
So many frames
Woahhh

And the coloring and the art and omg

.....Must watch this. O ___O

:phone:

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
good luck with that.

anyways, gonna drop a pastebin link in the OP. or you can head to /co/ and get all the episodes and read the most epic of flamewars(theres almost always a GF topic active on the front page). Disney even has the episode on their site last i checked.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Nope, no download links. If they are free from an official source, then people should go to the official source.

Anyway, holy **** the fps on this show. They've put a lot of work into this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Show does sem rather interesting. Watched a few promos. Love the intro music. Glad to see another quality animated show on Disney. I think Phineas and Ferb were getting a bit lonely.

D

Deleted member

Smashboards wouldn't have a thread for this fantastic Gravity Falls show.

In fact, I'm so confident there's no thread that I'm going to take a nice, long sip of my coffee.

Oh, and allegedly, the fourth episode has already been leaked. I've heard little about it, though, except for message in the credits.

EDIT: The second episode can be streamed from Disney Channel's website.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Watched a random episode today this morning. Interesting premise.
Had to do with the wax figures coming to life.

I have only watched this episode, but from what I've gathered so far...I don't find the main characters minus the boy very likable. However, the side characters are rather hilarious. Also, big points to incorporating
real life wax figures. Effin Larry King lol.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
I found episode 2 to be a good start on liking the main characters(episode one is ok for the introductory of them, but their dialouge together in episode 2 was great.)

i have high hopes for this show o3o.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Watched the episode with the murder of a life-sized wax replica (well, I decided to give it a gander when I saw my sister watching it). Clever humor, but I don't see myself going anywhere with it, personally. To me, it resembles Adventure Time a smidgen. That isn't the reason I don't find it too appealing, but that pops out at me the most.:applejack:

Seems to possess potential, I'll say that much.

D

Deleted member

Well, it does bear mentioning that the show's creator, Alex Hirsch, used to write for Flapjack and is friends with J.G. Quintel, the creator of Regular Show.

I'm not really getting the Adventure Time vibes from this, though. This world seems more based in reality and established urban legends and less in surrealism for the sake of surrealism.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Looks like I just had to give it more than one episode, to think I'd comprehend that by now. It's pretty engrossing, I suppose it was some of the "Disney humor" that made it seem mediocre to me on my first episode. I dislike Disney. A lot. I'll watch the show, but I don't expect to be an active fan or anything.:applejack:

I like Mabel's quirkiness, and, if she's anything like I'm guessing (through further expounding of her character in later episodes), then I can say I like her the most.

Oh, and I love you, Ed. <3

Jet300

Smash Ace
I watched one episode of the show, it was good. I like Mabel's spirit, she's kinda like me, except I don't like a lot of people.

D

Deleted member

Last night's episode was not that good.
Gideon promises to come back at the end, but I really wish he wouldn't unless he ditches the nice-kid facade entirely. It made most of his scenes before the breakup hard to watch.

There were some good laughs, though, like most of Grunkle Stan's scenes, and
the show's first major twist showed at the end of this episode.

Oh, and the fifth episode has already leaked. Yeesh, Disney, try to fix those pipes of yours.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i think Yandere guy should come back imo, he's gonna be important, having one of the books and all.

also, theyre not being leaked, theyre being ripped from their VOD thats gets the new stuff a week earlier.
it was wayyy better than ep 4 btw.

:awesome:

D

Deleted member

I know where they're coming. And I've already watched the episode.
It's the best episode to date.

Homework's wack, and so are rules! Tuckin' in your shirt's for fools!

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
oh, i forgot this:

after episode 6 theres a break, good chance to get this thing around smashboards
Season 1 Episode 7 - “Double Dipper” (airing August 10, 2012)

Season 1 Episode 8 - “Irrational Treasure” (airing August 17, 2012)

Season 1 Episode 9 - “The Time Traveler’s Pig” (airing August 24, 2012)

so it looks like it's a 2-week hiatus after 6. not too bad.

source
http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2012/august_ep_premieres.pdf

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'd this week's episode and next week's episode, which has been leaked already, are two of the show's best.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I'd told you I'd stop by NinjaFoxX . Lets see last weeks episode was great one of the best if you ask me since it wasn't so cliche most of the episodes are pretty original also in the rate my avi thread you said something about a time traveler who is that exactly

Top Bottom