• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphics Card for Dolphin

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I want to build a computer and am curious about what is needed in a graphics card to run Melee at 120fps and 1080p. I'd love to use google to solve my problems, but I don't know how demanding melee is compared to what the games that people usually use to grade performance.

Any suggestions would be great [if you do suggest anything I'd like to keep the price down :) ].

Zepy

Smash Rookie
Basically you dont need a godly GPU to run melee. I have a GTX 750ti and do perfectly fine at 1080p 60fps. The only way to run melee 120 fps is to get Faster Melee (Which would also run fine).

If u where wonderin my specs are:

Intel i5 4460
Nvidia GTX 750ti
8gb of RAM
1tb HD

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
A used GTX 560 or 560 Ti should only be about 40$ and work well. If you prefer new, 750 Ti or 950 are great choices.

I can't really recommend any AMD cards though, their drivers are frustrating and the power consumption is still through the roof as soon as you connect two monitors to them.

Top Bottom