• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I see nothing wrong with Dre's reply to my comment other than him calling me a she (which you can't expect someone to know someone's gender online). All he did was explain another side of playing ranked.

:059:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No, think people only get fussy if it's double posts in the span of a few minutes or hours.
Triple posting regardless of time spent might be when crossing the line.

Either way rip this thread. Where's Overwatch thread.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
rip this game too, the new client looks disgusting with animations and sounds everywhere, and the new champ looks overloaded as hell.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It is overloaded as hell, Kled is pretty busted on PBE where even a full build AD can't even do anything to him with only 3 items. The life bar and damage output he has is way too much.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We can still dedicate ourselves to complaining about LoL balance and the years of terrible design and business decisions they've made as we're all super-experts, right?

Would still pay good money for a Season 1 server.
Now would up it from "good money" to "would be willing to empty my bank account out for a crazy holy **** **** 72 hour weekend **** fest please please please".... maybe.

Season 1 jungleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:pow:

Tanking ranged carries

Roaming meta.

Force of NATURE.

Why aren't there hacker nerds out there who share the same desires I have?

On the other side of things, it's maybe a little sad I cannot think of a gaming experience that would match the first year or two of playing LoL... at some point it legitimately was the entire smash community playing this game - crazy.

If there isn't an overwatch thread someone should make one~

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I want reworked Taric with old Taric's moveset. I played him consistently for ~3 seasons (late 3-the rework in 6, with 150+ games in ranked and a LOT more in normals), and now I don't know how to play him at all.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I want reworked Taric with old Taric's moveset. I played him consistently for ~3 seasons (late 3-the rework in 6, with 150+ games in ranked and a LOT more in normals), and now I don't know how to play him at all.
I think sometimes not playing the champ before the rework is an advantage. I picked up Malz after the rework, so I'm not salty that I can't brainlessly 100-0 someone at 6 with new Malz. I also don't complain about the base damage nerfs, because I realise that you can do more damage than old Malz if you link your abilities and apply E resets properly.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think sometimes not playing the champ before the rework is an advantage. I picked up Malz after the rework, so I'm not salty that I can't brainlessly 100-0 someone at 6 with new Malz. I also don't complain about the base damage nerfs, because I realise that you can do more damage than old Malz if you link your abilities and apply E resets properly.
True, but then again I didn't know that Taric would get a rework in 2016 back when I started using him in 2013/14.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I got demoted to Bronze again because I lost 10 out of 12 games.

I checked my match history, literally only 3 people in those defeats went positive apart from me lol. That's 3 out of 40 teammates. I went positive in all 5 Malz defeats, and TBH I don't really care too much about non Malz games (he still gets banned a fair bit in my elo).

Reminds of an 11 game losing streak I once had where I was literally the only person who won lane on my team in all 11 games lol.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Looks like you and your team needs to git gud
Edit- I originally wrote a lot of BS, yeah you're right but I don't really know what to do lol. I mean I'm getting scores like 17/9 but I still can't carry bad teams as Malz. The one game where I got ganks and a decent frontline we won and I ended up going 19/4/11.

Honestly if I really wanted to climb I could just play stuff like Shen and Naut again but Malz is so much more fun.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I bet you check the damage chart at the end of the game too.

Caring about KDA and damage dealt is the same as caring about percents inflicted in Smash: at the end of the day it is borderline unrelated to what makes you win a game (destroying the enemy nexus in lol, throwing the enemy in the blastzones in smash).

A kill in lol is worth nothing if it isn't used to get an objective (be it by taking advantage of the death timers or of the gold difference).

Imo the only end game stat that is 100% reliable to measure your performance is your death count. Dying 9 times in a game is unacceptable, especially if you are the most fed member of your team.

So yeah, focus on dying less and you should probably be able to climb back.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I bet you check the damage chart at the end of the game too.

Caring about KDA and damage dealt is the same as caring about percents inflicted in Smash: at the end of the day it is borderline unrelated to what makes you win a game (destroying the enemy nexus in lol, throwing the enemy in the blastzones in smash).

A kill in lol is worth nothing if it isn't used to get an objective (be it by taking advantage of the death timers or of the gold difference).

Imo the only end game stat that is 100% reliable to measure your performance is your death count. Dying 9 times in a game is unacceptable, especially if you are the most fed member of your team.

So yeah, focus on dying less and you should probably be able to climb back.
Faker checks his damage every game too, so it can't be that bad of a habit.

But yeah, damage matters when you're playing a DPS champion because that's the service you provide your team. I'm playing Malz, so all I provide is damage and cockblocking big threats on the enemy team like fed divers or a carry. I check it every game to see how well I performed my role. If I win a game but my damage is low comparative to other players, that means I got carried, so I look at how I could have improved that game. If I lose a game but do a lot of damage, then I sill think about what I could have done better, but I also know that problem was more with my team than with my own play.

Not dying can be pretty hard when you're an immobile, short-ranged squishy mage that gets focused by multiple members of the enemy team because you're the only one on your team who is doing well. In that 19/4 game I didn't die much because I had a good frontline and so they couldn't just all focus me for free.

You also assume I don't care about objectives. You're probably thinking of your own elo where people understand objective priority and will actually listen to your calls. People in my elo will chase a kill after a lategame fight instead of doing baron or taking the inhib. If we take mid inhib, they'll ignore my calls to group in a sidelane to pressure a second inhib whilst supers push mid, or threaten baron, and they'll just group mid instead. If we take an inhib but can't end, they'll try take the nexus towers instead of another inhib. They'll wander around the jungle with no vision.

This is why I climb so much quicker in Silver-Gold elo than I do in Bronze lol. Because I'll still win my lane and roam into other lanes nearly every game, but people are much more likely to listen to your calls and prioritise objectives later on.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
New Yorick is so stupid, he's basically a perma Mega-Gnar without the CC.

He actually beats Mega Gnar in a 1v1 at 6 even if u ult him into a wall. And for some reason his corpse wall doesn't count as terrain that Gnar can ult him into.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
New Yorick is so stupid, he's basically a perma Mega-Gnar without the CC.

He actually beats Mega Gnar in a 1v1 at 6 even if u ult him into a wall. And for some reason his corpse wall doesn't count as terrain that Gnar can ult him into.
Hi dre

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I been playing nothing but league this entire month prepping for a tourney at the end of September.
I'm dropping this game for a month or two again once that's over in favor of Overwatch ahhhhh

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
upload_2016-10-5_17-14-56.png

What is a Galaxian and why did it do 8 damage to me? (Also, don't look at my horrible stats. I was going Graves top for the second time in my life with the reworked Graves.)

EDIT: Oh, Galaxian is the user. How did Galaxian attack me directly for 8? Did she just look at me really hard to secure the kill?

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Friendly reminder that before picking something because it is meta, please first ask yourself if you can ****ing play the champion in question and second if it has any hope at all at not losing the lane you are taking them to.

If you can't, there's no way of being nice about it: you're wasting everyone on your team's time and denying the enemy a challenge, amounting to several human hours, so uninstall and find something else to play.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Friendly reminder that before picking something because it is meta, please first ask yourself if you can ****ing play the champion in question and second if it has any hope at all at not losing the lane you are taking them to.

If you can't, there's no way of being nice about it: you're wasting everyone on your team's time and denying the enemy a challenge, amounting to several human hours, so uninstall and find something else to play.
Agreed, unless it's normals, where you're supposed to try new things and get better with champs you don't know how to play.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

Insane salt alert

Edit- In theory, you're supposed to be able to carry the bads if you're better than your elo. In practice though I find it easier to win at Plat-Diamond elo than trying to carry bads in wood tier.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Insane salt alert

Edit- In theory, you're supposed to be able to carry the bads if you're better than your elo. In practice though I find it easier to win at Plat-Diamond elo than trying to carry bads in wood tier.
You can't carry a team in an ELO where your enemy sees them as more of a gold resource than a threat.

Moving forward is a lot easier in higher ELO, where allies are so much less likely to throw their leads or become a walking trust fund for the enemy.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've had my fair share of boosting accounts and you can carry in any elo up to Plat 2 when it actually starts getting hard to carry.

But I think that was because my main role to carry on was AD and outplaying people with ezreal/lucian even when jhin sivir cait Ashe etc. was meta all season.
The roles near the end of season and pre-season is in such a garbage state cause rito doesn't know how to balance. So I can see why there's a problem right now carrying unless you don't main jungle/top lane.

Jungle role is easy as **** where you still get punished for ganking even worse now since your camps take 150 seconds to respawn and give absurd amounts of gold and exp.
AD role you legitimately do 0 damage to everyone in the game unless you're Vayne because of the double/triple shields/redemptions/lockets everyone is building.

Mid mages/Assassins was supposed to be "their" patch with the buffs to them but because they overly buffed support items and some tank items costing less it really became the tank/support meta this preseason and there's 0 reason to play any of the new reworks when you can just play syndra miss all your abilities, press R and still kill anyone, even tanks.

If you wanna carry, just play jungle/support anything or an abuser of CotC top (any tank basically, maokai poppy riven etc). It's disgusting how the meta is right now and with the last Pre-season patch happening in 2 days it just shows how incompetent riot is and how they aren't gonna make any other huge changes outside of the whimper that was the first patch of preseason not even 2 months ago. (also shortest preseason with barely any big changes, riot scared to step outside the peripheral box)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Did something change in the meta, because I've been getting ganked 4+ times top lane every single game without fail for the last 30 games or so. I thought powerfarming the jungle was better in this meta so I don't know why I always get ganked at 3 and then repeatedly camped even when infernal or mountain is the first dragon.

I'm playing with friends so they get punished for it a lot. But it's still annoying because it's a guaranteed summoner at level 3 every single game.

Last edited:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I feel like he was made just for me, I play really aggressive and love to all in. Plus he has some hilarious lines about not going to teamfights and taking magic mushrooms, he swears too! Also resourceless which suits me down to the ground because I'm bad at mana management cuz I play too aggro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom