• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Fiora's lunge at Max CDR.

This is a worrying trend for C9.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
That Pain Gaming v. CLG game was cringeworthy on so many levels.

Edit: As cringeworthy as laning with someone whose been playing consistently since Season 2 and still has auto-hit on stalling movement still enabled. What.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
No bans on Tristana against C9 or CLG. Okay. We will take it.

"You are carrying the game. But why would I listen to you?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Tristana was picked in all 3 games by C9. And in 2 games by CLG. TSM has played her once. She has been played a total of 11 times meaning NA has a strong favor for this champion taking the majority of her as a pick compared to all the other regions combined. In the NA LCS, Tristana was a definitive ADC pick for Altec, Doublelift, and Sneaky. Not saying it's necessarily ban priority, however there's no reason why teams shouldn't try to out-pick her when C9 & CLG have the ADC role as their core carries.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
After playing approximately 400 games in bronze hell, it finally happened. On October 6th, Riot gave me four teammates who would carry the account I sunk to the depths of Bronze 5 back to the opening gates of Bronze I to regain entry to the Silver Elo Lands. Thank you Riot. Every single lane won. Including jungle. The End.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That is like THE most typical Riven player name Ive ever seen in my life.

I bet he flamed in All chat too.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That is like THE most typical Riven player name Ive ever seen in my life.

I bet he flamed in All chat too.
He prolly watched Best Riven NA and saw he never built boots in favor of full damage relying on items for 40% cdr and mobility to go fast everywhere, this riven decided to do that and take it a step up by not even bringing flash lol

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
That is like THE most typical Riven player name Ive ever seen in my life. I bet he flamed in All chat too.
They didn't type anything in all chat. Then again, I doubt they are a Riven main with the lack of the mastery flair and the summoner spell setup. Although I suppose you could consider yourself a main of anything when it comes to considering your opponents are in bronze elo (runes, masteries, and summoner spells are optional here).

He prolly watched Best Riven NA and saw he never built boots in favor of full damage relying on items for 40% cdr and mobility to go fast everywhere, this riven decided to do that and take it a step up by not even bringing flash lol
She actually lane swapped with the Viktor. Like. She recalled. Then walked into Viktor's lane to swap lanes. They didn't even try to catch Ekko out when switching lanes.

Player-3 Player-3

Do you like Darwin's Game?

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I just picked whatever, no way I have enough drugs to get championship riven.
Riot Lyte will share you his blunt. It's his Ph. D certificate from the University of Washington in child psychology. Just light it on fire and let the good times roll.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Man when I said I was tryharding last week, I meant for other roles cause I like going ad still over support.
But then I somehow got 3-0 with bard and thought "maybe the double stun lategame and ult catches is better than trying to carry on other roles"
Now 7-0, tho I might've jinxed it by mentioning it now...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have learned to appreciate playing League at a silver level where you can just go into games duo bot with a friend and do dumb things like Ashe Brand or Twitch Cass and completely destroy enemy bot lanes.

:059:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I have learned to appreciate playing League at a silver level where you can just go into games duo bot with a friend and do dumb things like Ashe Brand or Twitch Cass and completely destroy enemy bot lanes. :059:
Play Tristana and you can rampage through the bot lane in a single line until you reach the enemy Nexus.

But no, really. If the enemy team comp has zero gap closers or movement enhancing spells, you're literally free to just rampage through the bot lane with the combination of your dash "w", your knock away ultimate, flash, movement speed from heal, and bilgewater cutlass to slow the enemy down.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't really like playing adc all that much recently. Well, it depends. That one friend of mine is the only person I'll choose to play adc with, since we have synergy and know each other's playstyles and work well together. Random supports make me want to gouge my eyes out though. It's pretty bad when I wind up warding more than my supports, or get supports who just sit back the whole time and do nothing.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I don't really like playing adc all that much recently. Well, it depends. That one friend of mine is the only person I'll choose to play adc with, since we have synergy and know each other's playstyles and work well together. Random supports make me want to gouge my eyes out though. It's pretty bad when I wind up warding more than my supports, or get supports who just sit back the whole time and do nothing. :059:
For me personally, I don't play immobile ADC's unless my body is ready to be rekt by Renekton. There's that whole concept that immobile ADC's should try to group more and have more intelligent pathing when running around the map, however there is always that fed Riven, Shyvana, or Renekton that makes a bee line straight for you and when your team comp is like Master Yi jg, Yasuo top, Vel'koz mid, and Annie support.

What tends to happen is that they blackmail you into joining the "big" team fight that is going to turn everything around like the resurrection in the book of Revelations. And then you have that tanky bruiser going in straight for you and they part away like the Red Sea and then "kite" them while they are clearly life stealing and healing back all their damage after murdering you like Kitty Genovese and making use of that mastery in Dangerous Game.

As for laning phase, I believe that ADC's have more control over how the phase plays out if their support allows them to control the creep wave. Understanding how to freeze or what conditions in what circumstances need to be met in order to maintain a freeze and being willing to commit to it allows ADC's to control a lot of the risk associated with laning phase at lower elo. Getting an idea of when to do this or when not do this comes with experience.

Sometimes you can't help but "balance" a wave out when you're laning against a Morgana, Thresh, or Blitzcrank who have strong CC because creep wave impassibility blocks their spells. However, against very aggressive supports with point & click spells like an Annie or a Nunu support, the same principle also follows that you want a creep wave present in order to buffer their range because there is a deep seated mental block that will exist for them in every game that they cannot be aggressive in front of their own minion wave unless the enemy is below 50% health.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Speaking of controlling minion waves, I played a game with two people that I've hardly ever played with yet. I was adc, and they were support and mid. It was actually VERY handy having a clear line of communication of where enemies were, and whether we should freeze the wave or push it in. It was also my first time playing Jinx in a long time, and I had forgotten how great she is at going from freezing a wave to shoving it in.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Speaking of controlling minion waves, I played a game with two people that I've hardly ever played with yet. I was adc, and they were support and mid. It was actually VERY handy having a clear line of communication of where enemies were, and whether we should freeze the wave or push it in. It was also my first time playing Jinx in a long time, and I had forgotten how great she is at going from freezing a wave to shoving it in.:059:
Wave manipulation at low elo amounts to giving up a couple of minions to the enemy even if they try to freeze it around their tower. When you notice this you can sometimes get a free back if you had been storing gold. Just make sure they don't know that you backed otherwise they could try pushing and then roaming.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For Pick ems, I said:

A = 1. KOO 2. Yoe 3. CLG 4. paiN
B = 1. Fnatic 2. C9 3. IG 4. ahq
C = 1. SKT 2. EDG 3. H2K 4. Bangkok
D = 1. KT 2. Origen 3. LGD 4. TSM

The Yoe > Koo ruins my chances, but I might not be far off in the end!

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Analysts don't need to repeatedly assert that the poor performance of Chinese exports is due to exclusive skimming.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
don't worry guys, i saved some seats for you on the C9 hype train
I have tissues for you.

From an objective standpoint, two regions known for being relatively inconsistent compared to the other two major regions failed to have a consistent performance in a B.O. 1 format round robin. Expected.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
All C9 had to do was win one game and it wouldn't matter much if first or second seed, at least guaranteed to be in top 8.
But noooooooooo, gotta make sure we're all able to C9 losses in a row.

john!

Smash Hero
i already knew how much God hates me with regards to anything league-related, now i get to listen to jealous autistic euro****s in twitch chat spamming elegiggle

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
they're too focused on tall poppy syndrome (yes, ironic name) to realize that beating the asian teams is what's important... it's like a microcosm of western society as a whole. i don't need this depression on a sunday morning man

Top Bottom