• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Riot Lyte in an AMA says that the Malphite game wasn't the one they used to ban Dunkey and stated that they e-mailed him his reform card (basically Riot resending you your chat logs that you used to verbally harass someone else in the game you received the ban) and sarcastically mentions that on behalf of Riot they respect the fact that Dunkey hasn't posted the messages that got him banned and that Riot Lyte himself won't post it and wishes him the best.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
This case is far more easier to sympathize with imo:

tl;dr: Forg1ven got reeled in by a Solo-Q troll with a bad reputation on the server. Hurled "insults" at her that were common opinions among the EUW community that her account was elo boosted and that she is a cat fish (a person who pretends to be someone else by using their pictures or videos and pretending it's them). She submitted a ticket to Riot that resulted in him being banned for four games (the most important games of the entire season) from playing ADC for Gambit which not only cost Gambit their chance at making Gauntlet for Worlds, but also prevented Forg1ven from playing in their regional qualifier match which if they had lost, would have relegated the team to Challenger which would have probably ended the existence of the organization altogether.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How much time do I have left to get the season rewards?
I kinda connect with that video up to the point where he seems salty that they didn't unban him.
I kinda don't want to bother but at the same time for me to not have them for the first time since the game's creation feels like a loss; although if nothing drastically changes in the game within the next year I'd doubt I'd care enough by the next.

Still would pay good money for a "season 1" build server.

Last edited:

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I feel Riot need to actually punish toxic behaviour in ranked queue. My generaly style is to say nothing to people other than an occasional "lol" or ping; I'm pretty chill. I reached platinum 1 and diamong promos pretty quickly this season. I was then trolled/had afk teammates for soooooo many games in a row. There was even a game I got reported by a duo feed q, when I typed nothing for the whole match (except "please stop arguing" one time) and was the only player with a positive kda.

The current ranked system encourages a toxic environment and it's not fun playing with such a high concentration of manchildren who are seemingly never punished. I only play teambuilder/normals now and enjoy the game a lot more.

If somebody starts trolling and flaming in the champion select, I don't want to be stuck with them for another 40 minutes.
If somebody does not connect after 5 minutes, I don't want to be stuck for 20 minutes and possible more if our team have already been crushed by 10 minutes. Nevermind the fact I lose elo after wasting my time.
If somebody uses racist and homophobic language I would like to know they are actually punished.

These are just the basic issues Riot should deal with.

edit: I should add that I don't think this problem is specific to platinum 1/diamond 5. I think it happens at the end and beginning of every division, but problems become apparent to specific people as they near their skill gap. e.g. A person will be much more frustrated about a close game that was ruined by a troll rather than one they can blindly carry themselves out of because of a huge skill disparity. Realistically, the best I'll ever reach is diamond 3, but I don't feel like suffering through the pool of toxicity that is allowed to flourish with no punishment to reach it.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I still don't understand why leddit and pro players are getting on TSM jatt's case about doing his job.
He shouldn't have been criticized. However, his issue is that he handles criticism poorly as a professional. This morning he released his predictions on Group A which said that he "realistically" viewed Flash Wolves as placing anything from an "unlikely" first place in the group to fourth place (therefore he placed them third for absolutely no good reason). He used AHQ beating Fnatic as a premise to gauge the strength of the Flash Wolves. And recapped on Maple being the carry of the team and Steak being a liability which were the talking points he was given or he took from Deficio during the Group Stage segment which shows to me that he knows very little about LMS as a whole despite him claiming that he put in extensive research in preparation for casting for Worlds to preface his forum post (there is a Riot documentary that features SwordArt the support player of the team for Christ's sake).

My honest impression is that he decided to post unofficial group by group coverage on riot forums immediately after being called out by professional players in order to seek respect and appreciation from the broad NA player base to reaffirm his professionalism as a caster. His pandering to the NA user base by solely addressing CLG as a team itself and domestically unto itself as a reason as to why they are likely to get a higher score in BO2 sets over the Flash Wolves for the second placement is absurd & horrible.

Casters should know the main problem going into Worlds is the ability to make a guess outside of domestic performance. However, God forbid anyone from NA gets real on the scene and talks about how Gravity and Dignitas were on the top of the leaderboard because of how inconsistent the teams from the major orgs played i.e. TSM, CLG, and Team Liquid in the summer split alone. The fact that as a caster you contribute more reasons towards people's dislike towards NA because you want to reassert your place in the community as being a "good caster" is just the equivalent to being a dishonest snake oil salesman.

Caveat: Him mentioning that the team were the Gama Bears from Season 3 with a different jungler was something that I didn't know and appreciated because I didn't get into pro league since spring season of this year.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Btw Slush, an overwhelming amount of the lol sub was defending jatt's critique and attacking the players. :applejack:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
League is a dumb game sometimes. I just had a game that was... interesting. It did not go the way a game should go.

In short, I was Sona in a Quinn Sona lane vs. a Caitlyn Thresh lane. We won lane. I proceeded to roam and gank like crazy and snowball other lanes. We finish and I have the 2nd highest gold on my team.

wat.

Bot lane was just a mess. Quinn missing tons of cs. Caitlyn ulting at such random times. Thresh missing almost every hook, to the point where I just acted as if he didn't even have a Q and wasn't afraid of him. Then their jungle Olaf was pretty bad and I got myself fed on him. Something about that game was just so wrong. I mean, yeah Sona is a support that can snowball, but that game just didn't feel right lol.

:059:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pretty sure it was X thing first that usually hits front page, then Y thing eventually later on in the day or next day.
>new skin
"IT'S BAD RITO"
>thread later on
"c'mon guys learn to appreciate rito for making so many skins for us!!1!"

So it was jatt bashing first from everyone while defending balls and KR SOLOQ IS REALLY TROLL AND HARD
to defending jatt and saying BALLS REALLY IS BALLS AT THIS GAME

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I came to the realization that people who make bad decisions in game also make bad decisions going into the game. And it is very likely they are generally bad decision makers outside the context of the game. @ Soft Serve Soft Serve I made the mistake of going back to some really bad Solo Q games and looking at the profile of some of the other lanes that were given priority pick and champion, yet still lost their lane pretty hard in the first couple minutes of the game. They were doing actually pretty well and were around the same elo if not a bit higher.

So I look at their ranked champion listing, when given the choice of lane & champion (because I chose to fill regardless of pick trying it out like you did and noticed) they willingly chose to play champions they have never played in ranked before. Note that this isn't such a bad thing because it's entirely possible that they are a relatively new player this season OR they practiced the champion a lot in norms.

Get this the players were literally people who were one trick ponies on one or two champions since season 1 and basically played around 90% of their games on a single champion like Fiddlesticks jungle. What did they choose as priority pick when Fiddlesticks jungle was open as first pick? First time ranked Zyra mid, no previous experience seen in immediate normals. Goes 0/3 in the first five minutes of laning phase and then begins to blatantly feed and go Disco Zyra on the team. Looked into two other games and I had a Sona support main decide to try Ahri mid. And another game where I had a first time Morgana with all AP runes YOLO bring it on. It's like I'm on the Jerry Springer show.

I was only being wry when I stated that Silver was just Teambuilder with makeup on it. But it's a repeated behavior. People love picking new champions into ranked situations. Even in teambuilder people generally pick the champions they want to play with until the game ends and commit to it.
This is why I have personally been making an effort to get at least 1-3 champions in each role and get lvl 3 mastery or higher with them, preferably getting to level 5 with at least one person.

I suck with everyone is mid nowadays though, which is one of my perplexing issues.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
He actually made a pretty well rationalized comparison that Huni reached Masters in something like 100 games and Balls was going back and forth repeatedly between Diamond I and II after playing 200 something games in order to make a comparative difference between the two different top laners from two separate regions. Is Solo Q the best indicator? Of course not, however if you were going to make a comparison between the two players that actually share something in common then their Solo Q grinding on the KR server would be one of the few points you could use to make such a comparison...

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
League is a dumb game sometimes. I just had a game that was... interesting. It did not go the way a game should go.

In short, I was Sona in a Quinn Sona lane vs. a Caitlyn Thresh lane. We won lane. I proceeded to roam and gank like crazy and snowball other lanes. We finish and I have the 2nd highest gold on my team.

wat.

Bot lane was just a mess. Quinn missing tons of cs. Caitlyn ulting at such random times. Thresh missing almost every hook, to the point where I just acted as if he didn't even have a Q and wasn't afraid of him. Then their jungle Olaf was pretty bad and I got myself fed on him. Something about that game was just so wrong. I mean, yeah Sona is a support that can snowball, but that game just didn't feel right lol.

:059:
Any Quinn lane beating a Cait lane is like, lol. Expecially Cait thresh. Thresh doesn't even need q, just stay close enough to cut to flay Quinn out of every dash pre 6 and Quinn loses game lol. For a champ riot pushes as a dualist/lane bully/mid game champ, she sure does blow in lane vs common anything. I think Quinn beats mf if that actually means anything lol.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
How much time do I have left to get the season rewards?
I kinda connect with that video up to the point where he seems salty that they didn't unban him.
I kinda don't want to bother but at the same time for me to not have them for the first time since the game's creation feels like a loss; although if nothing drastically changes in the game within the next year I'd doubt I'd care enough by the next.

Still would pay good money for a "season 1" build server.
i'd pay years of my life to play s1 katarina again.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
S1 Twitch!?
Jungling with him? Midding with him? Topping with him? Duo Laning with him? Working with your jungler to get red at level 1 for the free double kill at bot or the opposing jungler assassination?

Good times, good times.
When individual skill was a heavy factor in a team based game.

Shaco was the funnest thing in the entire game, with the highest skill cap, on the most undertuned kit, able to win always with batman-esque prep time.
Ashe being the queen of ADCs with just fundamental execution skills?

Laning phase being dynamic...
People being able to adapt their builds to cover shortfalls in their team (tank ezreal baby)...

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
That brief time where spirit stone and Philo stone were both in the game was my favorite patch. Being able to start boots, farm as naut, get an early kill/assist or two, first back spirit stone and mobos. Rush shurelias, speedy ganks for daysss

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jokes on them, you're taking both their buffs.
Usually just the 1. If they were above average speed jungler I would take two buffs then kill them as they entered the opposing side of the jungle, so I guess I would take both their buffs if I didn't prefer just tower diving level 1 characters at top for guaranteed first blood and an gold/exp share, free backing to base with enough money for madreds or sheen (if you started a tome) to snowball the game harder and the opposing jungler just realising they're missing a buff as their top lane dies and that absolute guarantee you know the enemy team has already crumpled into a ****talking hatefest.

Level 3/4, 4 minute shaco with sheen was pretty fair and balanced. Jungled very fast just would require holding onto potions for sustain.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Since NA server ****ing up and no good streamers on, decided to go a little more down from the usualy 5k+ viewer streams.
Found Saint streaming and he was going on a rant about someone on his team being ****ing awful and not having a trinket 40 minutes into the game lol

That and NA server is bad along with the players.
I randomly ran into fro on the enemy team and his lane opponent TF built ROA

ROA

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Since NA server ****ing up and no good streamers on, decided to go a little more down from the usualy 5k+ viewer streams.
Found Saint streaming and he was going on a rant about someone on his team being ****ing awful and not having a trinket 40 minutes into the game lol

That and NA server is bad along with the players.
I randomly ran into fro on the enemy team and his lane opponent TF built ROA

.ROA
How else are you going to make Cho'gath senpai notice you.

Last edited:

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with RoA TF?
He scales well, so the increasing AP is good.
HP is good for him to tank a bit while doing dps with his E.
Mana is good for spamming Q when you're not able to get off blue cards.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's a weird choice. I mean, I could see a semi-tanky TF working [it's been a lolworthy soloqueue winning build since season1]
But CDR or Sheen has always tended to be more important early rushes to get his scaling going strong. So unless it was a definite laning was going to last a long while and he wouldn't be ganking or his team were strong enough by themselves, it's quite weird. Going for RoA as a secondary item tends to be rather committal as well (and one of it's main strengths are the catalyst passive for laning, so not getting it early is usually wasting a lot of it's passive gold).
I'd maybe build it if I was top lane TF though. Against most tops without range he would be cruising amazingly with it if he's constantly pushing a lane, CC accuracy/harass and you're farming very well.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
TF doesn't need mana, he needs cdr and a lot of ap right off the bat to scale even faster.
ROA takes 10 minutes before it becomes an 80 AP item.
He doesn't need HP to "tank" hits, he just uses gold card to get the free autos.

So better off going morello's lichbane zhonya's and other items, especially since last one helps him survive more than HP. Having extra HP isn't gonna save you from burst since the normal mid lane runepage has 0, i repeat, 0 armor and MR just scaling health scaling ap or cdr to get 15.

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
#baited

I was just expecting stfu dumb silver scrub or something lol, soz.

edit: doesn't RoA go to 100ap now?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Forgot the change to 4 ap a minute instead of 2.
But either way, there's better 100 flat AP items like zhonya's or even a 2nd item sorting hat rush. Zhonya's for sick misaya plays.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You'd be surprised how helpful surviving an extra half second can be.

Oh and RoA is 100 AP now?
I don't even know what I'm meant to build on Malzahar anymore anyway. I just continue to do the same (or more like any) **** and win anyway. God bless you 3 second silences.

And my aram/dominion/random top lane/troll world TF with a little bit of bulk is amazing when you can out-chunk ADCs and tanks/bruisers can't kill you in the time your stun/slow is on cool down. It's great.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I came in S3 so I don't remember S1 at all, but I kinda miss AP Yi. Sure, he was OP, but Me&Yi had some good times.

RIP AP YI.

Top Bottom