• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm still waiting for malzahar to pop up as a tank killer in lcs :|

Like seriously even the likes of Shyvana is squishy in the presence of Malzahar

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I feel like Malzahar like.. a crappier syndra with all the same flaws.
She's a lot easier to play but definitely doesn't give as much to a team as Malz does beyond "well the enemy laner of syndra is basically going to die every 50 seconds once she hits 6".

I'm still waiting for malzahar to pop up as a tank killer in lcs :|

Like seriously even the likes of Shyvana is squishy in the presence of Malzahar
At LCS level people are too scared about his lack of mobility I suppose. "Protect the X" team comps are kinda dead at the moment, although Malzahar is one of those few characters that are actually worthy of being protected (imo).
It's funny that this topic was recently talking about various APs and them needing to highly focus damage yet I play malzahar building ONLY TANKY AP ITEMS and it doesn't matter. I cringe once I get to 3-4 items because there's nothing else I need at that point to win fights for the rest of the game... so I end up building more tank items most of the time.

Void Staff + Roa = two 600ish aoe damage spells, 10%+ health per second in aoe and an ult that reaches further than ranged carries can aa from. Glorious. It's so simple it hurts.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Let's be real though... Most stale and boring mid laner is ziggs. I'm sick of seeing this character in every ranked game I play. Holy **** don't people get bored of him? Can't wait for them to nerf his ass to the ground.
He's like a better nidalee when it comes to seiging and like 100x better at stalling the game out.

Last edit: all ziggs and teemo mains need to get punched in the ****.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've been going mid AP Lulu recently. I share the irritation, Dphat. EVERY GAME I've played in ranked so far as MidLulu is vs. a goddamn Ziggs.

Easily the most boring character to fight against. :applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Syndra does not kill tanks like Malzahar does. You pick Malzahar for tank killing, not for instakilling carries.

Its just funy watching tanks melt and all of a sudden the teamfight is easy to breeze through cause my adc is free to auto squisher targets.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What was the buff to Ziggs that suddenly made him so popular?

Also with the roaming support idea, I don't think you'd need to be a second jungler who is never in lane. The reason why I mentioned Ancient Coin is because you could sit in different lanes to get gold and XP. If I did it I probably wouldn't roam from bot lane until level 4-6 depending on the champion.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The champs that gave him the hardest time were all collectively nerfed, and he got a string of buffs.
His Satchel Charge was given an increased missile speed, increased knockback distance, it goes on cooldown when casted not when detonated, and you can buffer the detonation to go off as soon as it lands now. Then they buffed it again with a larger explosion radius.
His minefield has an increased trigger radius, and minions no longer take reduced damage from subsequent mines, so his mines oneshot creeps extremely early even without ranks.
His ult does double damage to minions now.
They also upped his passive's damage lategame.

So basically they wanted him to be the premiere siege/counter-siege champ in the game and went kind of overboard, on top of the metashift away from assassins from which Ziggs has little to no defensive measures against. He can push them in and bully them for the early game, but eventually you get your ult and first buy and there's not much Ziggs can do other than avoid fights altogether. He doesn't have hard CC to stop them, and his escape doesn't do much against the champs with multuple gapclosers that can jump on him, force the Satchel, and then jump back on him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Let's be real though... Most stale and boring mid laner is ziggs. I'm sick of seeing this character in every ranked game I play. Holy **** don't people get bored of him? Can't wait for them to nerf his *** to the ground.
He's like a better nidalee when it comes to seiging and like 100x better at stalling the game out.

Last edit: all ziggs and teemo mains need to get punched in the ****.
Welp, punch me in the **** I guess.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I dunno what's going on but I seem to be destroying everyone with Diana. Especially all these FOTM Gragas'. Is she supposed to do well against him across the board? Or am I just playing her really well?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Been seeing a handful of Shacos as of recent in my ranked. Weird.
Can someone also explain why supports are going Taric? I mean, with Annie and Leona and Thresh still all over the place, I'd expect to never see him again, but he's showing up more and more.:applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Annie's all about bursting and killing them before they can hit 6 and ruin her. You're not killing leona level 1, level 2 3... prolly can at 4 or 5 with jungler help lol.
Leona can go up on her face and stun her 3 different times if she throws her stun on ad, and if thrown on her, she'll just laugh it off and regen it while prolly responding with her own CC to annie or the ad. Level 6 is most likely whoever throws out their cc first wins the fight, which'll prolly be leona cause more range without the need of flash engaging unless she wants to stun with shield first and save ult when far enough away.

Also Diana is fun, she nerfed too many times though and still feels weak even when fed sometimes.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Been seeing a handful of Shacos as of recent in my ranked. Weird..
Shaco really digs getting mana and health from auto attacking jungle creeps. Can Shaco baron? Shaco can ****ing baron right now. Really ****ing baron. like "oh one of them died and 1 other person is at bot and I have two items, let's do ****ing baron". 3 Items and you can solo it and you come out healthy. I love soloing baron.

I'm very closed to being to being convinced that SHACO'S BACK BABY.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No he isn't.

I still do not enjoy the elder lizard on him. Still feels like a waste of gold and he still feels awkward to play and trying to teamfight if unable to splitpush from time to time.
Already tried different runes and masteries with 5% cdr blues and some AS still in there, 1 AD quint with 3 MS utility for the MS I took away and 22/5/3 (5 more % in cdr) still doesn't help much.

Along with items like tiamat and even messing with elder lizard, he still has no clear and elder lizard/spirit stone doesn't give that much to him since getting it delays greaves bork shiv whichever of the three items you enjoy rushing on him before 10 minutes.

Just gonna jungler skarner and vi sooner or later until the Shaco rework.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No he isn't.

I still do not enjoy the elder lizard on him. Still feels like a waste of gold and he still feels awkward to play and trying to teamfight if unable to splitpush from time to time.
Already tried different runes and masteries with 5% cdr blues and some AS still in there, 1 AD quint with 3 MS utility for the MS I took away and 22/5/3 (5 more % in cdr) still doesn't help much.

Along with items like tiamat and even messing with elder lizard, he still has no clear and elder lizard/spirit stone doesn't give that much to him since getting it delays greaves bork shiv whichever of the three items you enjoy rushing on him before 10 minutes.

Just gonna jungler skarner and vi sooner or later until the Shaco rework.
Being able to heal / keep the mana pool up in the jungle is a pretty significant helper to him. Being able to gank and afford taking damage without being forced to back is HUGE. I still list Wiggles losing it's health heal as one of the biggest shaco nerfs of all time.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Annie vs Leona is highly dependent on the two adcs as well. If either of them have a high burst adc (Lucian) while the other does not (say Ezreal), then the one with the high burst adc will usually win if the Annie/Leona initates well enough

If both have high burst adcs then its like a 60/40 MU in Leona's favor as she isn't squishy like Annie, assuming both started doran's shield

Player-3

Smash Hero
leona counters annie in the sense that annies strength comes from engaging with flash tibbers, leonas kit is really good at countering an engage like that with her ult (and shes tanky enough to not just be instagibbed like zyra or someone who could do something similar)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Being able to heal / keep the mana pool up in the jungle is a pretty significant helper to him. Being able to gank and afford taking damage without being forced to back is HUGE. I still list Wiggles losing it's health heal as one of the biggest shaco nerfs of all time.
Shaco never had mana problems if you knew what you're doing. I think S4 changes have hurt him more than helped him because you now need to do three camps to get to level 3. That's a huge nerf to Shaco because he was the best jungler in the game at clearing his blue really quickly then stealing the enemy jungler's red and first blooding them when they came to check it.

He still has the same problems that he did before, namely that he can't teamfight and he struggles to recover if he falls behind because unlike other assassin junglers he has a poor clear. Whilst the changes to pinks do technically help him, they don't change much in reality because you should be ganking through the lane 90% of the time anyway.

I think his biggest problem is that he's not a true assassin. He's not an AD caster that can 100-0 a squishy in one combo. He's kind of a cross between an assassin and a melee ADC because he relies on his auto attack for damage. Unlike other squishy melee ADCS, who have both a gapcloser and some obnoxious defence mechanic like Fiora's or Tryndamere's ults, his gapcloser is his escape mechanic.

What he is really good at however, is dueling. He's on the of the best duelists in the game because he has damage and so much outplay potential in his kit.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think the lack of oracles is a bigger buff than the lack of pinks. It means he can actually engage or escape undetected after the laning phase.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Good afternoon friends! I have been having a disagreement with my friend about supports. He insists on building deathcap first on nami and getting Ap items over everything. I say get some supportive items first then get some ap later. What is the pros of building ap over supportive items. And vice versa. He also said the reason we win team fights is because his ap damage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Man Kayle is so easy to win with wtf
My first two games as Kayle jungle i finished with most gold .-.;; i had losing lanes too but Kayle just carries pretty well if you ult well enough.

And to above, as an avid AP Nami/Lulu support player, going AP is a carry build as a support. The main reason its good on Nami is that your bounces become very ridiculous with AP. Not only that, your passive is pretty ridiculous with AP as well. Giving your tank like +80 ms for 1.5 seconds helps start a fight or helps your adc kite easily.

That said, if you end up behind as a support, you have you have to abandon such thoughts of being an AP support and build support items to be useful. If you aren't behind then building AP is a fair build. I've 1v1'd enemy solo laners as a fed AP support :p

Last edited:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
just won a game where our jinx connected at 20 minutes and got fed

the JTB strat is proven to work 100% of the time

john!

Smash Hero
guys i found a hidden easter egg

apparently if you're about to lose 3 plat promo serieses in the same day, you unlock the EXTENDED LOSS SERIES

reserved exclusively for people riot really ****ing hates.

Top Bottom