• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yeah, leaguecraft promoted it too

i had no idea he played league until i saw that too :o

john!

Smash Hero
> 50 minute game, both teams dancing around baron for like 10 minutes
> our malzahar has teleport because the enemy team has shen
> "malzahar, you have TP, go push bot vs. shen pls"
> malzahar TELEPORTS BOT

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
people think rumble is the free elo train

little do they know the cult of mordekaiser will rise again
Man I actually own Mordekaiser but don't play him, so you're making me curious. What is your secret?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK, I've been playing Thresh now, and

OK wow this character is bonkers whoever told me he was broken when I disagreed, wow I was wrong in the right hands

eesh

I land a chain and its like OH LOL YOURE DEAD BRO

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Isn't it the same thing with Blitz?

Congrats on Diamond btw, Mogwai. Didn't get to see the last match, but it must've went well.

voorhese

Smash Master
And he wishes he had a free re-position for his ADC's like Thresh does. We had a lane gank on MF/Thresh happen today, and I am pretty ****in sure that MF was able to use the lantern WHILE STUNNED.....holy ****

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
this is why i feel zephyr shouldn't give tenacity, i appreciate the attempt at tenacity items but historically it has never really worked out lol just leave that to merc treads imo and buff zephyr's AD to something like 40 or 50 and lower the combine cost to ~500 (after putting a pickaxe instead of longsword) and it'll be a good item imo
TBH the problem that every tenacity item has is either they don't scale well or they're not accessible midgame. On one hand if it's inexpensive it won't have the stats to scale into endgame and becomes dead weight, but if it's got the stats to scale into endgame, then you won't be able to rush it quick enough to deal with things like maxed out fiddle fear midgame and you might as well just rush merc treds because you always need boots and it's comparable to the other boots.

The solution? Don't make tenacity just for completed items, make the standard setup for tenacity 1k-1.6k item that upgrades into an endgame item that keeps the tenacity. Hell, if zephyr was stinger + an item that upgrades off longsword that gives tenacity, it would be much more attractive to substitute merc treads cause you could just sit on it as your tenacity item and finish it up when you have the money.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I had a dream last night that I played thresh. Does he work in th jungle or do I have to support to make my dreams come true?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I had a dream last night that I played thresh. Does he work in th jungle or do I have to support to make my dreams come true?
Doesn't really have enough damage to jungle effectively.

EDIT:
And he wishes he had a free re-position for his ADC's like Thresh does. We had a lane gank on MF/Thresh happen today, and I am pretty ****in sure that MF was able to use the lantern WHILE STUNNED.....holy ****
Was that in a silver-level ranked game? I feel like that was me, lmao.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
TBH the problem that every tenacity item has is either they don't scale well or they're not accessible midgame. On one hand if it's inexpensive it won't have the stats to scale into endgame and becomes dead weight, but if it's got the stats to scale into endgame, then you won't be able to rush it quick enough to deal with things like maxed out fiddle fear midgame and you might as well just rush merc treds because you always need boots and it's comparable to the other boots.

The solution? Don't make tenacity just for completed items, make the standard setup for tenacity 1k-1.6k item that upgrades into an endgame item that keeps the tenacity. Hell, if zephyr was stinger + an item that upgrades off longsword that gives tenacity, it would be much more attractive to substitute merc treads cause you could just sit on it as your tenacity item and finish it up when you have the money.
Um, I disagree. Heavily. Do you remember Cloak and Dagger, Moonflair Spellblade, and Elisa's Miracle? The problem with these mid-tier tenacity items is that you can't make them super stat efficient outside of the Tenacity without making them feel too good and if they're not terribly stat efficient, people don't buy them because their slot efficiency is ass.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
But those things didn't upgrade into anything so they don't quite fit into the type of item he described.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I can agreee with that. Her AoE and pick off ability is insane. It's also much easier to itemize for max cdr with her now with the athenes buff.

voorhese

Smash Master
I have seen it, unfortunately he cannot lane gank, because souls start popping up and it's obvious he is there....

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
The problem with these mid-tier tenacity items is that you can't make them super stat efficient outside of the Tenacity without making them feel too good and if they're not terribly stat efficient, people don't buy them because their slot efficiency is ***.
This

This is also partially why the Golem machete upgrade item thing is the worse of the 3, meanwhile any tank jungler, (save a few) could take merc treads with almost no consequence.

What's The Point

Smash Master
This

This is also partially why the Golem machete upgrade item thing is the worse of the 3, meanwhile any tank jungler, (save a few) could take merc treads with almost no consequence.
I would say Wraith is the worst. I hear murmurs of it being a good item to build on your AP character, but nobody does because solo laners usually have something more important to build and no (picked) jungler would take Wraith over the other two. Golem gives Tenacity and HP (Universally useful stat) so you can get other boots and a decent tenacity item.

Plus it was only a few weeks ago when people decided Lizard was a good item. Before if you upgraded your stone you were getting a Golem.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Eh, I dunno, I don't think lategame upgrades were the problems with those items. The efficiency on tenacity items just can't be high without making CC users feel like they're accidentally being countered by core builds and when Tenacity is niche, people just opt for Merc Treads instead because the opportunity cost on your boots vs. another item slot is too high. Spirit of the Ancient Golem is the only item where I think we've actually succeeded in creating a viable tenacity option and that's an item that costs 2300 and isn't hyper efficient.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Rumble carries so unrealistically hard o_O
Word

I started playing rumble again on a whim and won three games in a row, getting morellonomicon feels like such a good item with its cdr and mortal strike

Player-3

Smash Hero
nah dood zephyr only good on udyr because then he can buy boots of swiftness and oneshot your carry at 450 ms

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Um, I disagree. Heavily. Do you remember Cloak and Dagger, Moonflair Spellblade, and Elisa's Miracle? The problem with these mid-tier tenacity items is that you can't make them super stat efficient outside of the Tenacity without making them feel too good and if they're not terribly stat efficient, people don't buy them because their slot efficiency is ***.
What BSL said, I get the feeling you only skimmed my post because I addressed being slot inefficent (I called it "not having the stats to scale into lategame", but same concept).

My entire point was the only way to make tenacity items inexpensive enough to rush but not be terribly slot inefficent is to make to make mid-level tenacity item that upgrades into an upper level tenacity item. Doesn't hurt that merc treads are the most expensive set of boots.

Eh, I dunno, I don't think lategame upgrades were the problems with those items. The efficiency on tenacity items just can't be high without making CC users feel like they're accidentally being countered by core builds and when Tenacity is niche, people just opt for Merc Treads instead because the opportunity cost on your boots vs. another item slot is too high. Spirit of the Ancient Golem is the only item where I think we've actually succeeded in creating a viable tenacity option and that's an item that costs 2300 and isn't hyper efficient.
You pay for tenacity and make sure that any high end item with tenacity has a viable alternative that's signifigantly more efficent but without the tenacity.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Tenacity is a pretty poopy stat in general. Would be a lot better if it affected knockups.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It does. Don't you notice that everyone goes different heights based on characters natural tenacity as well as items/masteries? Alistar Q an Irelia with merc treads and then Q a caitlyn or something lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It does. Don't you notice that everyone goes different heights based on characters natural tenacity as well as items/masteries? Alistar Q an Irelia with merc treads and then Q a caitlyn or something lol.
In my experience and testing the height and duration of knockups is buggy and more or less static, nor is it actually listed as being affected by Tenacity.

a'la Alistair randomly knocking people up five hundred feet into the air.

Top Bottom