• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh ok. That's something he'd say though.

Gobs, I DO follow Kevin on twitter. Just because he said that in game doesn't mean he actually tweeted that he was doing it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Feast.

Also, BSL. I made that particular quote up. xD
Forgot about that, idk with that even you can build AP and make it do more.

I think with Twitch, Ahri, Irelia, and Corki it's done right because it's somewhat interact able while also being power to make those characters unique.

Darius and Cho...eh maybe not.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Hey guys,

I know I don't come on here too often anymore, mostly because it seems that posts can get easily overlooked in the mad onslaught of opinions here. I upgraded my computer and I'm gonna try to start streaming again as it seems like I don't lag (too much) anymore, so hopefully I'll be able to talk about what I think is strong or weak or whatever thoughts I have and show you guys how I like to gank, how I clear the jungle, what decisions I make and what champions or item builds I think are strong. I often don't get jungle too- so will probably have some top and bot lane as well. And last time you guys were good luck, I might actually win for once lol

I'll try to be on everyday, usually from around 3pm PST (after lunch) to whenever I get tired or hungry at night, all solo queue of course. Here's the Link:

http://www.twitch.tv/16char_acters

Oh also inb4 dphat hates me lol

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Forgot about that, idk with that even you can build AP and make it do more.

I think with Twitch, Ahri, Irelia, and Corki it's done right because it's somewhat interact able while also being power to make those characters unique.

Darius and Cho...eh maybe not.
Cho is supposed to be the most powerful entity in the LoL universe.

He should defo have loads of TD.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
with health being cheaper it's no surprise. It's not even her itemization efficiency. She has plenty of items she can build that are effective right now. But with warmogs being so cheap and tanks(e.g. renekton) being more favorable now it's harder to find a place for her.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
There is a much higher rate of toxic players on the PBE than there are on live :v

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Irelia can't really function in team fights anymore. She was great due to her effectiveness with one high-end defensive item (with semi-defensive/mixed offense items as the rest of her going to) but she's just toooo squishie right now. Armor/MR being awful means she dies. Everyone stacking health means she doesn't do any damage. Her "real" means of offensive scaling was attack speed but the stat is comparatively awful as well. Her having high health doesn't really make her better in fights. She was a character who thrived at 150 armor/MR and 2.5k health+, game's already over by the time you get anywhere near that and the only means of getting towards those goals is to not have any offense... and she doesn't exactly have high base damage values anymore.

She's still good in lane though.

john!

Smash Hero
i know you guys are wondering whether my solo q luck has gotten any better... so here's an update!

i finally got to the 5th game of my gold promotion series on my smurf (which has like 20 heroes and bad runes)

first 4 games were painful but i managed to carry two of them:

http://i.imgur.com/elzhiDj.png

5th game i was third pick. everyone else has different preferred roles, so i decided to let them do their thing and i would support, because being a team player is the key to victory :happysheep:

from here i'll just let the pictures do the talking:

http://i.imgur.com/YV3V5ZZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7a3HkWX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4jt06Fe.jpg

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
> On the other hand, Zephyr gives 50% more AS

Unless I'm missing something, are people actually getting zephyr on irelia right now as her "dps" item?
Like, considering the cost differences, the fact that one gives survivability (argue 35% tenacity over 45 MR) the only conceivable merit in building zephyr is because Stinger is similar cost to a recursive bow and provides much more "usable" stats. If you can afford a Stinger, then that's going to be giving you a spike which a recursive bow would not. If your argument/guide is one which compares the two items on her in terms of slot then I would assume most people would be aware that one is definitely going to be giving you more damage in a fight than the other.

So in other words, a guide for comparing the usefulness of the two items on Irelia really needs to consider the build path.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
> On the other hand, Zephyr gives 50% more AS

Unless I'm missing something, are people actually getting zephyr on irelia right now as her "dps" item?
Like, considering the cost differences, the fact that one gives survivability (argue 35% tenacity over 45 MR) the only conceivable merit in building zephyr is because Stinger is similar cost to a recursive bow and provides much more "usable" stats. If you can afford a Stinger, then that's going to be giving you a spike which a recursive bow would not. If your argument/guide is one which compares the two items on her in terms of slot then I would assume most people would be aware that one is definitely going to be giving you more damage in a fight than the other.

So in other words, a guide for comparing the usefulness of the two items on Irelia really needs to consider the build path.
I don't think people are even playing Irelia right now, so I can't really talk for others.

The main argument (which I probably didn't make too clear) wasn't what item you should get between the two, it was which one you should get first. An end-game build for Irelia should be something like boots/wit's end/zephyr/giants belt item/ghostblade/whatever. Wit's End helps your lane dominance over Stinger with the on-hit damage, which lets you steamroll into late game with a later built Zephyr.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I always liked getting brutalizer early and leaving it for after wits end and my giants belt item, but never considered straight up ghostblade, I'll try it out

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Well guys its been fun but it looks like my time here is over, if you have any suggestions really quick of what to put in my suicide note I'd be glad to hear 'em!

Steam

Smash Hero
just go rumble for free elo train.

especially because he's pretty good against elise, who everyone thinks is the free elo train.

Player-3

Smash Hero
honestly ghostblade is irelia's best first damage item right now. any time you're thinking of zephyr on a Melee dude, you should just buy ghostblade instead.
this is why i feel zephyr shouldn't give tenacity, i appreciate the attempt at tenacity items but historically it has never really worked out lol just leave that to merc treads imo and buff zephyr's AD to something like 40 or 50 and lower the combine cost to ~500 (after putting a pickaxe instead of longsword) and it'll be a good item imo

Top Bottom