• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sona's new face is like when Lux got a new splash.

It makes me go wtf when I look at it. Is Sona now an Evil mastermind?
I didn't like the new Lux splash that much. I still miss the old one with her serene smile. :(

But new Sona splash is very good. Definitely an improvement (I don't know why they didn't touch other skins that look rougher, though [Sivir]).

Supports are the masterminds of the team anyways
^And this too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The new Sona doesn't look sinister to me o_o I like it. I also appreciate the lack of crazy cleavage.

In other news, playing teleport Rammus has gotten me lots of teamwork honors, if you're into that kind of thing.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Sona looks amazing now.
I really hope they keep that art direction. It's stunning.
Also it reminds me of a more Chinese-style splash art.

:038:

:phone:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sona's new face is like when Lux got a new splash.

It makes me go wtf when I look at it. Is Sona now an Evil mastermind?

Whazza?

Who else on Smashboards is going left and right in their division? One win from 100 point then get two losses in a row and go on a win streak till you lose again?

Wrath`

Smash Master
This new ranked system needs a re-work.
When they first switched over I was Silver IV and I had some bad games, and after 4 loses at 0 points I got demoted, which I understood. Then I got on a streak got to the best of 3 and got back to Silver IV. All is good, but at 0 points I lose my next game and was instantly demoted again. What is the incentive to play ranked if losses greatly out weigh wins?

Niko45

Smash Master
Their explanation for the new system was that they wanted to give people sub accomplishments to feel good about themselves but it turns out that getting promoted is a very fickle accomplsihment that can become undone quickly, where as once you get demoted that feeling know you need to win 2 in a row AND 4 of your next 5 just to get back to where you were is staggering. And there is no way your invisible MMR is dropping accordingly at the same pace as you're being demoted so your games won't be dramatically easier to win or anything. Makes absolutely no sense.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, lose 3 games in a row at 0, get dropped, takes like 20 games to get back with a constant win > win > win (promo1) > lose > lose > back to 70 odd points > rinse. I'm not sure I respect the match making that's coming with this right now at all though.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
What is the secret to getting better at this game?
Understanding stats/CDs, understanding your role in teamfights, becoming good at mechanics, having good map awareness?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Not being an *******. Capitalizing on opponents mistakes without making your own. Not underestimating your opponent.

Dekar173

Justice Man
What is the secret to getting better at this game?
Understanding stats/CDs, understanding your role in teamfights, becoming good at mechanics, having good map awareness?

Stats/CDs/ranges is just understanding what your opponents are capable. It's analogous to knowing "Oh, my opponent can CG me between these percents, platform games are a necessity and I should avoid bad shield pressure"

Knowing your role in teamfights is a bit more difficult to describe, but you should know that there are different objectives in fights, such as killing the DPS, or peeling/protecting for your own. Think to yourself "how are they going to kill/focus on my team?" try to counterplay that. Pay attention to who has the most farm on both teams, and most DPS.

Mechanics is all practice. You played smash so you'll get it in no time.

A good trick from DotA to get used to map awareness is peeking at the minimap in between CS/harass. ALWAYS be staring at the minimap when you're not near hostile zones, also be sure to look at the portraits to your left because they tell you when ults are up, what people's health is at, and death timers. OP

Edit: Swarm, elise is a hoe. Hate her lol

Niko45

Smash Master
Stats/CDs/ranges is just understanding what your opponents are capable. It's analogous to knowing "Oh, my opponent can CG me between these percents, platform games are a necessity and I should avoid bad shield pressure"

Knowing your role in teamfights is a bit more difficult to describe, but you should know that there are different objectives in fights, such as killing the DPS, or peeling/protecting for your own. Think to yourself "how are they going to kill/focus on my team?" try to counterplay that. Pay attention to who has the most farm on both teams, and most DPS.

Mechanics is all practice. You played smash so you'll get it in no time.

A good trick from DotA to get used to map awareness is peeking at the minimap in between CS/harass. ALWAYS be staring at the minimap when you're not near hostile zones, also be sure to look at the portraits to your left because they tell you when ults are up, what people's health is at, and death timers. OP

Edit: Swarm, elise is a hoe. Hate her lol
How do you know if you should peel or if you should dive enemy carry if you're a hero that can do both? Is it based on which carry is stronger?

Dekar173

Justice Man
That's how I judge it, or if you have a very good chance of just 1 shotting their carry/completely zoning them, go for it. If you have a super fed ADC though, really all you need to do is keep them safe and alive, and they'll eventually win the fight for you.

Streaman some diamond ranked. twitch.tv/dekar173 I've been keeping my mic muted during soloq cause keyboard very loud :(

@BSL- can I change my stream to allow for push to talk? I'll need to mess with the settings a lot more to understand it, I'm still a novice streamer :(

Top Bottom