• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think the best way to get a pug to team fight properly is to explain every single detail/step of the team fight before hand.

Okay guys, Malphite and I (amumu/galio/etc) are going to stand in this brush. The moment any squishie comes we'll initiate. We're going to save X/Y spell for when the Ezreal or Miss Fortune decides to show their face. I and Support will stay near our Ezreal or MF and you need to save your ult/blink to the "Following situation". Their enemy olaf is going to

lalalal.
It still fails.
BUT SOMETIMES IT WORKS.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Spread in GO still seems really weird to me, I know there was a pretty large patch around that recently I haven't messed with though.
ya the last big patch changed pistol balance and made ak/m4 recoil way similar to 1.6

aite gonna stop derailing yall thread peace out

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm sick of using Morde.

Having great success with Xin though, gank at level 2, guaranteed flash at least.

I ganked all three lanes with him, got a flash from all of them and the game was only like, 4 mins in.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How much more health are you healing in that situation though DMG? (in comparison to BT)
Dunno. 18 vs 10 + % of the item

If they have the same AD, target with 1500 health. Hit for 300 on both (ignoring the extra damage on BotRK for this part, but not ignoring the healing from that damage), 50% reduction from armor already in play

54 vs 30 + (30/2) (4% of 1500 is 60, armor reduces it to 30 and you heal for half so 15)

So in that case, BT outheals

Target with 3000 health. Hit for 500 on both, 50% reduction again already factored in

90 vs 50 + (60/2) (120, armor puts it to 60, heal for half so 30)

In this case, BT heals for more

Now instead of 500, let's try 700 (really ****in high number for someone reducing half of this, but hey)

126 vs 70 + 30

In this case, BT heals for more again

As the person loses health, BotRK does less damage and heals for less obv because it's based off current health. These were also assuming that you have the same AD/Damage already, which obviously isn't true. BT is quite a bit more damage, which combined with it's higher base healing means you really need to clobber high health targets to keep up in damage and healing, while totally being outclassed when they are at lower healths. The active is a bit trickier to factor in: healing wise it's very good because IIRC it calculates your heal BEFORE armor/reduction takes place. The number listed in the tooltip from base + AD scaling is always what you get from what it says. This can be massive, and in that regard you definitely are healing more upfront during a team fight if you land the active. Just be wary to not waste DPS landing it, and that technically the earlier you use it the less effective it is for the rest of your DPS because you're mini nuking them/reducing their current health.

This also assumes a fully stacked BT, and assumes that in both instances you already have the same AD. As in both sets somehow magically have 200 AD + same crit/etc, which is not realistic comparison to buying BT as first item vs buying Blade first item. That analysis is likely to be a bit skewed towards BT, stacked or not. Just remember that. A non stacked BT vs Blade with the same AD, and non stack BT vs Blade upfront would be interesting. I might look at it later.

Upfront DPS and healing tends to look not too shabby for Blade, and doing Baron is also MUCH better with Blade. Blade's extra damage and healing initially can easily surpass BT, but again works against itself as they lose health.

Cost analysis for Blade also heavily depends on how beefy the other guy is. It's inherent base stats are not very efficient for the cost, but obviously improves as people get more health and as you get more AD for the active.

!!! Wait a second, I think I calculated some of the values for Blade wrong on the healing. It may... not really come that close LOL. One sec

Ok, BotRK is a bit misleading on the healing amount. You do the 4% damage, heal for half. If you healed for the full 4% damage, you would outheal or be really close to BT in a lot of cases upfront. Because it's reduced to half however... Idk it doesn't seem that close lol. I might have ****ed up somewhere, I'll look at it when I'm not tired and clean it up well.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Bork on an ad like Ez is great, since he scales so well with the auto aspect of it, with his slipperiness and passive he's gonna be autoing all day.

Also, in preparation for the buffs to it, you'd better get used to its build path because starting off building a bilgewater instead of BF is gonna feel silly to a lot of you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. BotRK just gets ****in complicated because you have to consider shields and the other guy sustaining, how much your healing will matter (healing more early on if you are full health doesn't mean ****), how critting affects the efficiency, the active, etc. Blaalaaahasdhahrrragggagga

I'm just gonna sleep. Basic rule of thumb though, is that rushing BT over Blade doesn't sound that silly and the numbers so far do not point to BotRK blowing BT out of the water. With the buffs though we will see.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Miss Fortune. :applejack:
I don't get the joke, and I think I've seen her mentioned before (in regard to dropping a soul)
Is it because she's a WENCH >=(

I'm sick of using Morde.

Having great success with Xin though, gank at level 2, guaranteed flash at least.

I ganked all three lanes with him, got a flash from all of them and the game was only like, 4 mins in.
I've learned that forcing flash isn't enough, you have to shove kills down their throats most of the time. Too many times I've forced a flash or whatever and then my laner dies later on anyway. Also consider taking TP (sometimes) while jungling, depending on enemy team and your confidence at not getting caught. Even if you do get caught, Xin's not bad at escaping with his ult and jumping to minions. First TP jungler I saw was a Xin, and I laughed at it at first but it's useful at all stages of the game, and he already has a built in flash so it's not too bad.

I just bought MF since I didn't own any popular strong ADs. Hella strong. The only thing is that I didn't realize that her Q bounce gets minion aggro. That's kind of annoying, especially considering she's what, the only champ in the game that has a passive get interrupted by minion attacks?
Also are there any bot lane/general matchups you definitely should not pick her in? A guide says Draven's good against her, but Draven's good against everyone so whatever.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't get the joke, and I think I've seen her mentioned before (in regard to dropping a soul)
Is it because she's a WENCH >=(

I've learned that forcing flash isn't enough, you have to shove kills down their throats most of the time. Too many times I've forced a flash or whatever and then my laner dies later on anyway. Also consider taking TP (sometimes) while jungling, depending on enemy team and your confidence at not getting caught. Even if you do get caught, Xin's not bad at escaping with his ult and jumping to minions. First TP jungler I saw was a Xin, and I laughed at it at first but it's useful at all stages of the game, and he already has a built in flash so it's not too bad.

I just bought MF since I didn't own any popular strong ADs. Hella strong. The only thing is that I didn't realize that her Q bounce gets minion aggro. That's kind of annoying, especially considering she's what, the only champ in the game that has a passive get interrupted by minion attacks?
Also are there any bot lane/general matchups you definitely should not pick her in? A guide says Draven's good against her, but Draven's good against everyone so whatever.
Varus, Caitlyn, Kogmaw, and maybe Urgot.

Basically just poke outside his range, if not just outscale him. His late game isn't that good among ADCs.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's only bad as in team fighting with him can be a chore. His actual DPS/scaling lategame is pretty high up there I'm near positive. I assume we're talkin bout Draven obv

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm sick of using Morde.

Why gank at LVL 2 when you can double buff gank LVL 3?

I always run smiteless leash wherever my bot lane ends up (based on Blue or Red) regardless of which champion I use to second buff to LVL 3 gank. So efficient.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's only bad as in team fighting with him can be a chore. His actual DPS/scaling lategame is pretty high up there I'm near positive. I assume we're talkin bout Draven obv
Well the later the game the more it's about safety and mobility anyway so draven's fall off isn't really related to his damage, just the fact that it's better having an adc with ok damage that's still doing adc level damage versus an adc that's doing massive damage but is super vulnerable to being dived.

Well unless you're a dedicated catch team in which case that upfront damage is really powerful.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I guess she's super strong right now...but I still don't think her passive should be interrupted by MINIONS. :urg:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As an MF/Trist main, the minions thing really isnt a big deal. I guess it CAN be annoying, but its not that bad.

Niko45

Smash Master
I think the best way to get a pug to team fight properly is to explain every single detail/step of the team fight before hand.

Okay guys, Malphite and I (amumu/galio/etc) are going to stand in this brush. The moment any squishie comes we'll initiate. We're going to save X/Y spell for when the Ezreal or Miss Fortune decides to show their face. I and Support will stay near our Ezreal or MF and you need to save your ult/blink to the "Following situation". Their enemy olaf is going to

lalalal.
It still fails.
BUT SOMETIMES IT WORKS.
My current theory is to just play some champion that can get to and kill enemy adc. Don't play something that needs to be peeled for. Just play a champion and build accordingly to 1v1 enemy ad.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My current theory is to just play some champion that can get to and kill enemy adc. Don't play something that needs to be peeled for. Just play a champion and build accordingly to 1v1 enemy ad.
Like Shyvana!

Niko45

Smash Master
Pretty sure a shyvana has never killed an ezreal in history without being seriously snowballed. Or at least I'm just going to say that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pretty sure a shyvana has never killed an ezreal in history without being seriously snowballed. Or at least I'm just going to say that.
Well if your standard is "can dive in and 1v1 the enemy ezreal in a teamfight situation", your list of champions to play is kha'zix and ... kha'zix.

Miss Fortune. :applejack:
She's a redhead, not a ginger.

As an MF/Trist main, the minions thing really isnt a big deal. I guess it CAN be annoying, but its not that bad.
I feel so sorry for you for last season. Yeesh.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I always follow up on a flash, in fact I just run around the map ganking. Sometimes I need to stop and think about actually farming the jungle.

I'll consider TP, tho I'm a little scared to try it since flash = <3

Actually... Teleport would make for some amazing lane ganks.

>appear at bot
>teleport top

THEYLL NEVER SEE IT COMING
Why gank at LVL 2 when you can double buff gank LVL 3?

I always run smiteless leash wherever my bot lane ends up (based on Blue or Red) regardless of which champion I use to second buff to LVL 3 gank. So efficient.
I see stonewall do this, I used to do it too, but I find with Xin that you don't even need it. :x

A buddy of mine told me to stop taking red so early, but I've concluded he's is an idiot anyway.

Top Bottom