• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well I'm not too sure then.

Actually, yeah that definitely makes sense. If the segments were .5 seconds, and the general dot is every 1 second, then you're getting a lot less damage ticks than before. It's probably a lot harsher than what I put it as.

What I stated was for a multi-target spell. It's only a buff to single target/non dot spell users. Nerf from 10% to 6% for a one hit aoe. A SUPERMATHS nerf to dot users.

As in each time a dot applied you'd be getting 3.33%, now you'll only be getting 2%.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yo, dekar, your keyboard is really ****ing loud.

Gj ****** Jax though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well before you were getting 5% of their current health every 1.5 seconds.
So now it's flat 2% per second (for everyone), you're getting 6% every 3 seconds rather than 10%.

Technically it's a buff to all those low cooldown single target button mashers. All...
... one of them? (Akali)
Cassio, why does everyone forget about her?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Started playing this game again. My solo queue quote of the week goes to my team's FP last game. "Dont worry, Rammus mid is good"

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well I'm not too sure then.

Actually, yeah that definitely makes sense. If the segments were .5 seconds, and the general dot is every 1 second, then you're getting a lot less damage ticks than before. It's probably a lot harsher than what I put it as.

What I stated was for a multi-target spell. It's only a buff to single target/non dot spell users. Nerf from 10% to 6% for a one hit aoe. A SUPERMATHS nerf to dot users.

As in each time a dot applied you'd be getting 3.33%, now you'll only be getting 2%.
i think you misunderstood me, but your speculations are so wildly off that I don't even know where the communication broke down here... I'm not working on Liandry's so don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the new version is doing more damage on DoTs than the old version.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ya, I'm spamming nothing but Rengar, trying to master the champ. Of course, this makes me susceptible to target bans but I've got a solid back-up roster of champs. I also want challenger tier, so there's that. :p

Also, a friend of mine suggested getting an overlay. I use OBS, SmashGizmo AKA wes AKA ******* who nerfs everything I love, you know anything about OBS? I'm wanting to change my layout to be a lot more like yours, since it's really nicely made. Any idea how I'd do that? If not, where would I go (aside from their main site, it's kinda meh) to do that?

D

Deleted member

because powercreep.

even now there is at least a mobility powercreep. just buffing things without ever nerfing anything is awful (see: YGO)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So I was getting tired of jungling, but then I tried teleport jungle rammus with homeguard mobility boots, and now I'm addicted to fast.It is? That's the only part that confused me. I can't say I like the AP nerf much, it's already pretty expensive and not all that gold efficient compared to a lot of the other ap items you can get.
nah man its all about homeguard teleport hecarim. Your devastating charge gets a damage boost

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
because powercreep.

even now there is at least a mobility powercreep. just buffing things without ever nerfing anything is awful (see: YGO)
This is why I went to MTG over YGO.

Though that mobility creep is still a thing and why characters like Udyr have problems. Getting kinda better which is a sad day for Ashe.

Almost ever new champ has a gap closer done of which I think are just plain stupid, Elise.

:phone:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
That I must have :p

Yeah I misread your past tense completely. So it's going from 1.66% to 2% then?
Essentially, as I understand it, if have a 5 second DoT:

Old Liandry's would do 1.66% current HP every second, reapply with each tick of the dot, ending with a half duration refresh, making it 6.5 seconds of 1.66% current HP ticks.

New Liandry's does 2% current HP every second, reapplying with each tick of the dot, ending with a full duration refresh, making it 8 seconds of 2% current HP ticks.

At least that's how I understand it it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The old/original Liandry tooltip made it seem like DoT users did the same damage until the last tick. As in everyone ticks for whatever %, but you would get half the ticks after the move was done.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
why do most things get nerfed in LoL instead of other stuff getting buffed?
Also nerfing is a lot safer, when a character is underpowered you can still have a healthy competitive metagame because there's many other viable characters. The only people who are really hurt are people with a particular attachment to that character and to be perfectly honest this game isn't designed to cater to players who only play one character.

An overbuffed character results in one character being leagues better then everyone else which means they show up in every game they're not banned, affecting everyone's experience. An overnerfed character rarely shows up, meaning they only affect people with a particular attachment.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/29703094#history

Need advice on my Rammus build order. Once mid/lategame hit he becomes unstoppable, but before my first Giant's Belt buy I feel too squishy.

Normal build order looks something like: machete+5, boots, mobility boots, homeguard, giant's belt, ancient golem. Then I would get randuins, or warmogs, locket, or sunfire cape, etc. The problem is that the gap between upgrading my boots and buying giant's belt is 1000 gold, which is a lot when you're jungling. I feel weak at first, but after that giant's belt the game starts snowballing in my favor. Should I be padding that time with like, a ruby crystal->kindlegem in the meantime? Would a Doran's Shield be a waste on jungle rammus?

Aegis is also an option, but the support is usually building that by the time I would start.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/29703094#history

Need advice on my Rammus build order. Once mid/lategame hit he becomes unstoppable, but before my first Giant's Belt buy I feel too squishy.

Normal build order looks something like: machete+5, boots, mobility boots, homeguard, giant's belt, ancient golem. Then I would get randuins, or warmogs, locket, or sunfire cape, etc. The problem is that the gap between upgrading my boots and buying giant's belt is 1000 gold, which is a lot when you're jungling. I feel weak at first, but after that giant's belt the game starts snowballing in my favor. Should I be padding that time with like, a ruby crystal->kindlegem in the meantime? Would a Doran's Shield be a waste on jungle rammus?

Aegis is also an option, but the support is usually building that by the time I would start.
Just gonna be quick because I have to leave soon,

Never get Atmas on Rammus

You don't really need to get any of the full upgrades from the machete, the base stats it gives aren't that great for the cost and the HP regen you get from Warmogs is all you need for that stat. If anything you could get an early madreds and then sell it later on.

Even though homeguard mob boots tele is a **** ton of fun, its almost never the best option seeing as its extremely gimmicky and not taking flash and possibly getting another pair of boots depending on the situation is too good to pass up for one or two cheese ganks.

That being said mob boots are usually the best route to go on Rammus, unless they have something like 4 Ad, 4 Ap, or just a lot of CC then its gonna be the best option. But you have to get them pretty early. Considering you're purpose of getting them is to have more proficient ganks, and if you're getting them at 20+ minutes into the game they kinda lose their main purpose.

Hope I helped, also check on some guide by good players on solomid or something. Gl!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For Rammus I typically just go Machete/pots, Mobility boots, warmogs, then build tanky from there based on the team. Veil for AP heavy, Sunfire or Randuins (or both) for AD heavy. If the team has a balanced cast for AP/AD damage, I build based on whoever's getting the kills on their side.

I never really upgrade the Machete, but I don't necessarily get rid of it either. Sometimes I don't mind the Ancient Golem upgrade, but other times I prefer to just build up the Bulwark or a Thornmail for fun. Reverie is good too. :applejack:

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ya I suck balls at streaming compared to real streamers. It's more just if you wanna learn RENGARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and watch a long, tedious, deafeningly annoying grind from platinum 5 on whichever account im on to platinum 5 again.

Also, my stream keeps crashing my PC, which is probably my video card, or PS, right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends, do you blue screen or just straight up lose power?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Also, I closed out the stream as soon as you guys were talking about one of your friends being so gay you (or one of your friends, hadn't figured out the voices) should go to their house and beat their ***.

Yea... there's calling your friends gay and then there's that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I must be the only Rammus that doesn't build homeguard right away, if at all. :applejack:
But that's the whole reason I'm playing him :D not only is going fast fun, but you have massive presence if you can get it early because you can be anywhere in a matter of seconds, helps put a lot of pressure everywhere.

Even though homeguard mob boots tele is a **** ton of fun, its almost never the best option seeing as its extremely gimmicky and not taking flash and possibly getting another pair of boots depending on the situation is too good to pass up for one or two cheese ganks.
If your teammates know what wards are, it's generally helpful. Not only is it good for ganks early game, but lategame teleport is extremely useful for split pushing, or a couple of times I've been killed, only to teleport back in time to finish up stragglers and turn the fight around.

I never really upgrade the Machete, but I don't necessarily get rid of it either. Sometimes I don't mind the Ancient Golem upgrade, but other times I prefer to just build up the Bulwark or a Thornmail for fun. Reverie is good too. :applejack:
The thing is that ancient golem has perfect stats, and is really gold efficient. The tenacity is essentially free, and that's a good thing since I don't want merc treads.
Are Boots of Swiftness ever a decent option? They're obviously more useful overall in the middle of fights, but I'm wondering if you lose that much travel time while ganking early game by getting them.

But yeah, Rammus is a lot of fun. His playstyle feels weird, and it took a number of games to get used to, but I really see his strong points now. In my last game I kept taunting an Amumu right as he used his bandage, which caused him to bandage into the middle of my team, and then attempt to walk toward me, where he just died before he got to use his ult. Then his team complained about him never ulting in postgame chat.

Ya I suck balls at streaming compared to real streamers.
It wasn't that bad. The volume was kind of wonky, and the video occasionally lagged (this is almost certainly because my laptop is **** though). Your keyboard was too loud, and whoever you were talking to was much quieter in comparison. It was fun watching Rengar wreck people and INTENSE LAST HITTING.

Top Bottom