• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
??? I bought her for 6300, I see her price as 6300

what are you talkin about

Ohhhh, ok see new thing about pricing

I feel sorry for anyone buying a 3150 champ with RP, you're getting ****ing BONED by this lool

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
New champs are now 7800 for the first week only. After that theyre 6300 again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So is Nami any good? Whats the verdict on her now that shes out? Just from her kit, I thought she would be pretty good, but every game ive been in that has a Nami in it, shes lost.

I mean, I havent played her and all that, but I wanna know if shes considered good or not.

Kira-

Smash Champion
junglers and supports get to high elo with duo q or with matchmaking luck and that's all i have to say about this game

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Vi is like the most normal sounding person ever. I expected her to sound slightly different.

I hope we get a new robot champion of some sort, her fists look like they came from an amazing bot.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So is Nami any good? Whats the verdict on her now that shes out? Just from her kit, I thought she would be pretty good, but every game ive been in that has a Nami in it, shes lost.

I mean, I havent played her and all that, but I wanna know if shes considered good or not.
I don't know the general consensus but I've played her a lot and can tell you what I think.

I think she's generally okay but not as good as other supports. She's a pretty safe pick overall, though, since she can do a lot of things. Solo-wise her ratios are kind of meh, so building her for damage is pretty underwhelming.

Her Q is her best and most important skill. They get popped up for a while, it's pretty sweet. However it is very slow so it can be hard to hit anyone that's moving.

Her W is a pretty useful skill overall. The heal is sort of minimal but nice nonetheless, and the damage from it is okay but not great. However you can generally harass pretty safely. If you spam it, though, you'll run out of mana fairly quickly.

Her E is decent for the extra damage but the slow is so minimal it may as well not be there. Same for the speedup on her passive, most people don't even know it's there.

Her ult has a wide range and covers a massive distance, but the damage is meh and they aren't knocked up for very long. On top of that the startup can be a factor unless they're running straight towards or away from you.

So yeah, you can see how she sounds underwhelming so far but there is one key positive to note. Her Q can really synergize with certain team comps. If someone else gets a stun on an important person you can follow that up with your Q and they will be locked down for days. This is the main way to win games for your team with Nami IMO. The only problem is that Nami is pretty slow so you really have to be on point so you're in position to follow up.

I think her best AD carry lane partner is Caitlyn. You can Q anyone who steps on a trap for a really good combo. She's also really good at harassing from a safe distance and you can help with that. She also has her own escape so she can keep herself safe as well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Thanks Scamp. :D

Who is a robot besides Orianna and blitz?
We do need more.
Well Viktor and Urgot are both like, half robot, and Rumble rides in a robot/machine thing. There are also a few Robot skins, like Full Metal Jayce, Battlecast Cho, Nunu Bot, etc, but I agree, needs more robots.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Things to add about nami from my own experience... I agree with everything scamp said, and I really want to emphasis that the Q is key. If you hit your Qs in skirmishes you can do nasty things bot, but it is difficult to hit consistently. I think in a ranked environment I'd pick her with hypercarries in similar situations to when I'd do so with sona. Sona has a heal, but more importantly, she can put a lot of pressure on the enemy to let the hypercarry farm more easily. I'd aim do the same thing with nami. I'd feel a little safer with nami than sona because she is a bit tankier and has CC on a lower CD, but sona has more damage, so it would be more difficult to dunk on a weak enemy bot lane by yourself with nami.

I also second the notions that most namis I see do poorly. I've done pretty well, but I haven't played a huge amount of games with her either.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yall just need to play with me and my Nami

Though i'm still 50/50 with landing my tidal waves through walls

Nami is a good support, the best thing about her is the positioning you can have to send tidals waves to initiate a team fight

Vyke

Smash Champion
She's a good jungler, but not a tank. I go standard blue start route, but I'd imagine she can do a smiteless red to blue as well.

Q is amazing for going over walls, good for skipping ward spots I use it to counter jungle as well.

Start W but I max E first then Q 2nd.

I go W > Q if i counter jungle their buff away after my own buff, or W > E if i'm just farming my own jungle
She'll probably be built pretty bulky if she ever goes competitive. Max HP % Shield Scaling Passive is pretty good, especially coupled with % damage on W. Knock-Back and Knock-Up. Wit's End still good on her going this route for durability.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
The archangel's staff and manamune buffs have got me curious why they'd do that even though it's awesome.

It's like they're trying to make them as a more popular item to get.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm assuming there are plenty of typo's and misplaced numbers. Wooglet for example surely isn't becoming nearly 1000 gold cheaper.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You could have just looked at the recipe cost difference, which was like 100 something. Didn't have to add up everything lol.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
SoloQ winrate isn't everything, but she has only broken 45% 2 days since her release. And I do think she could use a little something.
Lulu has a consisent negative win ratio in tournaments.

And Nami is in a good place, i don't see whats wrong with her. Support is also a role people in solo q screw up since its a team oriented role

Top Bottom