• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Kira-

Smash Champion
I dunno I don't think he has the utility that other APs now have, his time has probably passed
think about TF stun

longer range

longer cd

UMM ATTACKING PEOPLE WHEN U CANT EVEN SEE HIM ON THE SCREEN U DONT NEED UTLITY

ALSO DEY GAVE ME ALISTAR FOR MY LAST GAME FREE ELO 2300 GGGGGGGGGG

mebe u rite doe idk

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
His time was never here. People whine enough about him that he'll receive some unnecessary buff.
There was a time, maybe last November, when he was being spammed hard in high elo games. I don't think he's good for arranged 5's because he's really easy to gank with some good coordination. He's just hella boring and his animations and effects look/sound weak so people don't like to play him

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Today

I remembered a conversation

When I told Johnny that Cho mid was OP

and he told me it would be if junglers didn't exist

So I realized, the enemy Cho is always in melee range of creeps

Which means he's always further up the lane than most mid champs

And he doesn't have Gragas E

Which means free ganks all day TYVM FREE ELO
Isn't that the same reason why mord isn't op?

edit - also xerath is gonna be played in tourneys soon just wait
Honestly I feel like his lane phase reminds me of DD, he seems to be incredibly strong against people without blinks who can't farm outside of his range come 6.

But people with dashes/blinks seem to just wreck him hard.

Vyke

Smash Champion
There was a time, maybe last November, when he was being spammed hard in high elo games. I don't think he's good for arranged 5's because he's really easy to gank with some good coordination. He's just hella boring and his animations and effects look/sound weak so people don't like to play him
I remember it, it was a month or two after he came out. Did you see him in more than 3 tournament matches?

Guy TRIED to be FOTM, but flopped.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Forgot to ask... is double Dblade better on him than double doran shield? The extra health, armor, and regen always seemed like the obvious choice to me.

edit: after saying I've never seen an Eve in ranked since the rework, the other team has one right now, assuming nobody dodges.
edit2: she ended 12/2/10. I went Voli top and wrecked Singed despite giving Lee first blood, but Lee became 1/0/4 within 4 minutes and it all went downhill from there. Final score 20-40.
Double Dblade was actually very nice :3
This is why I hate top lane though, even if you win it feels so helpless if the rest of your team can't handle themselves.
My logic is that Volibear's damage primarily comes from his auto attacks and bite. I mean, he has a huge attack speed steroid and an auto-refresher that need to be abused. The health also makes bite stronger so you're getting a lot more offense from Doran's Blade than anyone else.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Actually, if you get a good chunk of AS, Volibear's ult does a RIDICULOUS amount of AoE damage through the mid game. Moreso than his bite and autos, I would say. It makes his laning slightly weaker but a much bigger teamfight threat.

His lategame will always fall off, though.

:phone:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I get double Doran's Blades and then the items I almost always build from there are Ionic Spark, Wit's End, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil. Ionic Spark first because it's a broken item.

Runes, I get armor pen reds for stronger bite and fling during lane, flat armor seals, MR per level glyphs, and flat HP quints for stronger laning again. Movespeed quints are good, but hp quints are just so sweet when you have a combined hp ratio between .45 and .6.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Can someone explain Ionic Spark to me? I've always just written it off as bad and useless (like Moonflair Spellblade, but it doesn't sound as cool), and yet, I see it more often than I think I should. It just seems like you could buy Wits End and better better off.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ionic Spark AND Wit's End? TONS of attack speed. But you don't die instantly in teamfights with that build? ._.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think it's a sweet item on certain characters. I always get it on Skarner, Shen, and Volibear. It's a fun item on Udyr, Fiora, and Shyvanna.

You can 'prime' it for a fight so you can immediately do that 125 damage and, yeah, it does less single-target damage than Wit's End and, yeah, Wit's End is better on most people, but on people like the ones listed above, Ionic Spark is a ridiculous 500 damage item during teamfights.

Also, I wonder, since Shyvanna's dragon form Q cleaves on-hit effects, does that mean you could potentially see 3 Ionic Spark procs at once?

Edit: Volibear will be around 272 armor with my build and have the benefits of Randuin's and Frozen Heart slows while also getting around 200 MR with Merc's Treads on top of the core items. He'll also be at around 2800 hp or something.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I can't seem to get a good quality stream. For those that have around 1.3 mbps upload, what settings do you use on xsplit/ffsplit?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Espy, Ill give you a hint on figuring out his LoL name. Go watch the video he just posted of himself using Volibear.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
what I learned from my 2nd solo q ranked game:

CC > farm (even in kills of course)

my team: Jax, Hecarim, Fizz, Graves, Lulu (me duh)
Enemy: Darius, Warwick, Katarina, Twitch, Karma

Katarina and Darius had the most cs in the game, but we would win team fights because I would focus all my CC onto Katarina and they had the worst bot lane combination ever (that's a adc + support combo that is). Jax jump in and stun everyone into Lulu ult is quite fun,

MrEh

Smash Hero
*looks at match history*

*sees three Twitch games...two times he bought a Doran's Shield*

*sees two Blitz games...both times he was jungling*

huehuehue

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bowser main that doesn't play only Bowser Rammus. Add me, Chad. PhantomX10 (and get the rest of the crew to add me as well). I don't play all that often but I'm always looking for friends to queue with.

Odo Faction for life!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just had the best ending to a game ever.

So I was yorick running flash/tp, I just came up, but only our two carries were already there and the entire enemy team was about to come up (minus their vayne who was just rekilled). So I tp in and decide to make a sacrifice play, the enemy team gets up and rest of my team retreats, I ult myself and wail on the tower.

Down to one more hit before I die, I revive because of ult and get that last hit before the enemy team can get any cc down.

After gg? "the little yorick that could"

Kira-

Smash Champion
Ur only half blind its ok at least ur not telling people with 20/20 vision what the mona lisa looks like

Player-3

Smash Hero
ive been to the louvre i have seen the mona lisa (for real i have tho)

****ing wait in line (by line i mean MASS OF SMELLY FRENCH PEOPLE) to get to see mona lisa, mona lisa is like a foot tall but its creepy cuz the eyes follow u when you walk around

also rageblade shaco is the future

by future i mean hillarious

Top Bottom