• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
ARAM wasn't meant to be competitive, and I hope it never gets a ranked feature, lol. Dominion yes. That mode has a lot of potential, though I'm a sucker for CTH-type gameplay.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Played Dominion for the first time in a long time yesterday.
Damn that game mode is fun. :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ARAM wasn't meant to be competitive, and I hope it never gets a ranked feature, lol. Dominion yes. That mode has a lot of potential, though I'm a sucker for CTH-type gameplay.
But draft, all mid would be an interesting competitive mode.

Why you ignore me? I'm hurt.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What are the best general builds and tactics for beating Jax top? He just feels so strong all the time, even if I'm ahead.
I went Voli against him and first few levels were easy, later on he got pretty strong but I was never in any danger of dying to him... couldn't beat him 1v1, but he couldn't really kill me either. Just my experience. I don't know who exactly beats him, since he seems to win most matchups once he hits 6.

Preferably a competent jungler.
Do you need to ask for ganks?!

Malz is so fun at my (low) elo. Nobody buys QSS even if my team has like amumu+malz @_@

zyth

Smash Lord
:awesome:

I went Voli against him and first few levels were easy, later on he got pretty strong but I was never in any danger of dying to him... couldn't beat him 1v1, but he couldn't really kill me either. Just my experience. I don't know who exactly beats him, since he seems to win most matchups once he hits 6.

Do you need to ask for ganks?!

Malz is so fun at my (low) elo. Nobody buys QSS even if my team has like amumu+malz @_@
I beat a jax top with teemo before. just poke him early so that he doesnt have as much cs as you. and dont over commit unless ur near a shroom or two

Vyke

Smash Champion
But draft, all mid would be an interesting competitive mode.

Why you ignore me? I'm hurt.
Sure, Draft I guess. But not Random, lol. I never say Hi cuz I'm lazy, and I don't remember which red response. At least I think it was you, if not, some other Smasher not named Mogwai.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I only remember one, talking about game design philosophy with morello, apparently me and morello are in complete agreement about how to design a competitive game, which I find awesome.

Stop being so lazy then, nice to know other people watch cool streams.

Draft pick is already available for "ARAM", it's just not done cause it's considered a "casual" mode, but from what I've heard it's probably the best positional training of anything you can do in the game.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Considering you don't get to use the actual map you'll be playing on or the jungle you'd be in, I sort of doubt that. It's pretty much just good for practicing poking. And even then, you might get a ****ty hero to do that with.

Kira-

Smash Champion
remember when i said that u can carry as any role and that if u play well you will gain elo?

yea i take it back

its just luck

and elo means very little considering your "true" elo is like +/- 150 points at any given time

and just play a lot and hope u slowly get there over time

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Soraka can make some dumb teams a lot better, though. She's so easy to just get victories with. If there's one champ that should always be banned...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
remember when i said that u can carry as any role and that if u play well you will gain elo?

yea i take it back

its just luck

and elo means very little considering your "true" elo is like +/- 150 points at any given time

and just play a lot and hope u slowly get there over time
:salt::salt::salt:

everyone has ruts man, get over it. if you play well, you'll get there over time, but sometimes you still lose. sometimes you play ****ty and win too. such is the nature of team games.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I remember when I dodge'd my elo to 800. That was some funny **** right there. The most hilarious part, is that everyone below 1000 elo honestly thinks they're amazing at the game and that they've ended up where they are due to elo hell.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Have to reinstall League because Adobe Air sucks dong!
What happened?

Mine still fails to load after logging in like 2/3 of the time and crashes after games end 1/3 of the time :mad:

900 ELO <-- Click

I was floored by this.
The Warwick was the best part.

oh hey someone just recognized me from SWF for the first time in league

oh hey support fiddles is actually a pretty cool partner

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Are you implying that there are differences between 900 elo and lvl 5 games ?

There should be a quizz at the end of lvl 29 about wards, last hitting and such.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I remember when I dodge'd my elo to 800. That was some funny **** right there. The most hilarious part, is that everyone below 1000 elo honestly thinks they're amazing at the game and that they've ended up where they are due to elo hell.
Some people do end up there due to bad luck.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Some people do end up there due to bad luck.
This is the worst ****in mindset. I love when people say **** like this. It must be bad luck that you lost 300 points during your placement games. LMFAO Holy **** continue with this mindset and let see how far you get in anything. Heads up, if you're in the 800 elo bracket you probably deserve to be there. Also to everyone making fun of those players who are like 1400 and below... I see no difference between 1400 and 800. You guys aren't any better then them.

Wrath`

Smash Master
This is the worst ****in mindset. I love when people say **** like this. It must be bad luck that you lost 300 points during your placement games. LMFAO Holy **** continue with this mindset and let see how far you get in anything.
People may have better attitudes about this game if you would be a bit more friendly.

I know where I lost my ELO, beginning of the season when I was not very good.
Now that I have many more normals games under my belt and runes and a better understanding of this game, I have gone back. What I mean about bad luck ussaly just comes down to the fact I am not the carry type of person, I can do well in lane (not saying I am godlike or anything). I try my best to help other lanes, but when it comes down to post lane phase it is a crap shoot. I try my best to be in the right position and such, but it seems to be 3 out of 5 games my team just like to be in lala land.

I mean unless I need to carry harder, but I feel like I am doing as much as I possible can.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Theres no such thing as bad luck, trust me I've tested this out by getting on multiple accounts and getting them to 1700+ after placement matches. If you're truly 1500+ then you'll eventually move out, but if you can't carry a game in the 1200 bracket then you obviously belong there. People need to stop being so delusional and accept the fact that maybe they suck then from there you can improve. Of course no one going to improve if they think they can't do any more.

Top Bottom