• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
i read something interesting the other day.

if an enemy has very high armor, then the damage you gain with flat armor pen + last whisper is higher than the sum of (the damage you gain with flat armor pen) plus (the damage you gain with last whisper).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
One of my friends who plays a lot of Yorick says that Cho and Trundle go even with him and that GP is Yorick's toughest matchup. Can any of you guys attest to this?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's full on crack about the GP thing lol. GP used to be fairly even, but the mana increase on Q is noticeable these days. Once GP gets Wriggles it's fairly even, but yeah there's no way in his current state that GP is his hardest MU. Cho and Trundle do well, probably the best choices overall vs him. Renekton can be hard too and Nasus goes even if you can't abuse him early on (a lot of characters will go more even or even with him after Wriggles or something along those lines). Easy to play straight forward MU wise though, definitely Cho Trundle imo. Nidalee goes even/better later on and her disadvantage early on is manageable imo. IDK he's weird, he's strong top and hard to force out of lane, but some of his matchups for the other side are simply "Hey this is gay until you get sustain" and then its no big deal.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
In retrospect most of my mids are ranged, so they aren't bothered by the soil as much. The shield can be annoying, but I was more referring to needing sustain against her. She certainly has her strengths, and the shield is one of them, but I just don't find myself in desperate need of sustain provided I don't walk into snares or something silly.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So... heimerdinger is really scary. Turrets aside, his spells do insane damage if he's built. Doesn't his rocket thing auto target? ._. ...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It's just nice to be able to take a few hits of the soil for CS/Harass and not slowly burn for it. :p

I am also starting to realize the amazing potential for super early kills Brands passive+ignite have together.

I flash ignited a few people trying to get away today hahaha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So... heimerdinger is really scary. Turrets aside, his spells do insane damage if he's built. Doesn't his rocket thing auto target? ._. ...
Eh in the big picture it's not that bad. Max rockets are strong because their base damage/range is really strong. He's good at harassing and pushing/defending, but he can't Annie nuke someone or consistently Karthus/Cass DPS besides turret cluster ****s.

Rockets auto target onto the 3 closest targets within a 1000+ somethin range. Minions, pets, people, anything. You can hide behind minions just be careful of being around 3 near dead minions, then he kills one and quickly rockets since you're now the 3rd target.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Eh in the big picture it's not that bad. Max rockets are strong because their base damage/range is really strong. He's good at harassing and pushing/defending, but he can't Annie nuke someone or consistently Karthus/Cass DPS besides turret cluster ****s.

Rockets auto target onto the 3 closest targets within a 1000+ somethin range. Minions, pets, people, anything. You can hide behind minions just be careful of being around 3 near dead minions, then he kills one and quickly rockets since you're now the 3rd target.
Thanks.

I just lost 3 games in a row. I think.

[rant]
Last game was awful. I was jungle wukong, we invaded their blue (they had jungle Yi) and got it but no first blood... later on Twitch comes and kills me for first blood. He keeps harassing me and crap, meanwhile ezreal sucks on bot, etc. etc.... long story short it was a slow, painful loss. And they all spoke some language. It didn't look like Brazilian...
Then they blamed me for "not initiating" after they chased Singed top (after I told them not to, and I went back to base to buy). Of course, you can't kill Singed, but they tried and of course it was a trap and they died blah blah.[/rant]
I ended up 5/5/7 somehow.

So what do you do against a Twitch that's harassing your jungle? You can't exactly afford vision wards or oracle's early game... he killed me for first blood and made me waste Flash later. After that, he mostly went back to lane and occasionally did annoying things. Then got fed and did lots of damage.

john!

Smash Hero
i've got some more FACTS for you guys

bu i know how much you hate FACTS so i'm going to put them in spoiler tags.

[COLLAPSE="facts"]my average score in my last 10 ranked games was 8.2/3.1/7.0

i lost half of these games.[/COLLAPSE]

ZoSo

Smash Champion
What are you even arguing about anymore, John?

More importantly, why am I even posting in this thread?

Lovage

Smash Hero
no offense john! but you post like a weird ****** and imma block you and you make your pony hobby thing look even more like a bunch ******s lol

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Somehow I don't die in lane against Brand...as Katarina. I love bad Brands.
Whoa that's weird man, I played 3 Katas mid yesterday.

I got the 1st kill on them in 2 games and proceeded to harass them out of mid lane completely once I got blue.

But the last one got fed by our jungler when I was back buying items.

I hate bad Warwicks......

D

Deleted member

if u want to make this thread a lot better enforce no solo Q QQ'ing like teamliquid

i mean seeing the same exact person ***** nonstop for years and NOBODY DOES ANYTHING?

hey comon

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Does anybody know where i can watch the lvl 1 dragon play from ign?

Got taken down from youtube before i could watch it =(

john!

Smash Hero
What are you even arguing about anymore, John?
have you ever been in a position where an entire group of people says you're wrong about something, but over time you keep being proven right? don't you just want to tell them "i told you so" and look at their reactions?

some people cover their ears and say "lalalalalala" and put me on their ignore list. some people react violently because it undermines their accomplishments (dphat). it's fascinating how people will cling onto their preconceived notions in the face of evidence to the contrary.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
kat ***** brand because he has to rely on extremely slow skill shots to do anything
I thought stuns shut her down really hard? And having to depend on skills to farm (unless she wants to get into range of Brand, which I don't) doesn't help either.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Or maybe you could just accept that if you were a better player you'd win more and go from there.

Also, you having a good score and still not winning every game isn't evidence.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For real. I won my last game with a negative score. Doesn't usually happen, but I got their jungler to camp me top for a long time while our jungler camped bottom and got our AD fed/grabbed dragons. Much more important in solo queue.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I am currently very, very close to adopting a rule on no complaining about solo q; all it does is foster undue drama and conflict. Just need to gets some kinks wrinkled out first.

Top Bottom