• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was Annie getting completely wrecked by this Malz, and so I was curious. I felt like he could just pressure me all day, and I had to back off, cause he traded better. I probably could've been more aggressive with my stun, though. How can I not lose to Malz?

And does Annie actually beat any AP mids?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was Annie getting completely wrecked by this Malz, and so I was curious. I felt like he could just pressure me all day, and I had to back off, cause he traded better. I probably could've been more aggressive with my stun, though.

Does Annie actually beat any AP mids?
When her ult and W used to double proc and was capable of one shotting anyone, yes.

I'm scared of the mu as Twisted Fate at least.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I heard that too, because stuns shut hurt Ahri, I guess? I don't see it, but I'd be interested as to why (I guess I should be more interested in picking more viable carrys, but Annie is fun).

What's The Point

Smash Master
Honestly I don't think Malz loses mid if he plays it passive. E a minion, maybe Q, then go to tower. Then he has his W+Ult combo to make engaging on him threatening. It's kind of like Morgana with better AoE but squishier. However a lot of champs go even with him since he's very susceptible to being interrupted from his ult and he has to go all in when he wants a kill due to his ult being a channel.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What should you do if you're always being focused down in teamfights as a carry? I feel like building a single tank item doesn't really help because one item isn't really going to stop five people, and building multiple items for the sole purpose of being tankier would probably compromise my damage too much. Even in my last game as Ryze, I was one of the tankier people on my team, but I still couldn't stop the combination of Nasus / Fizz / Morgana / Viktor from tearing me apart the second I pop my head out of a bush, even with a BV, FroHeart, Merc Treads (maybe that one was a bad idea?), etc. And after I died, only one or two other people on my team actually did any damage, so we basically lost the teamfight.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No one is stopping Lategame Nasus with Morgana behind him. Just give up lol

D

Deleted member

i mean against like panth, i don't have champs to go super agro on him (if there even are any) and since i'm not a top lane main, don't exactly want to buy and learn a champ for one match that i might be thrown into very rarely

so if the simplest solution is have a full armor page handy for stupid match ups like that, then i will

also probably pick malphite
you are a nooblet, lmao at pantheon not being counterable with smart aggression LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I've been playing renek again, it's pretty dumb how strong he is early/mid game.
Once renek snowballs the game is pretty much over.

Also going a new build on him: boots - 2 doran blades - BT - Last whisper - Atma

Can burst some1 down immediately, cause with tank items your giving up your early/mid game strength.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean part of what makes Renekton good is being tanky enough to go DEEP in and be a nuisance for the carry to deal with. You aren't that if you rush super AD no HP up the butt lol

Bartolon

Smash Lord
The problem with late game renek is that he doesn't do enough dmg to be a nuisance.
Renek has good basestats for early/mid game and with his ult activated he gets free hp.
And once it gets to lategame you can start making tanky items.

It's working out for me till now, I've seen wickd do it too with succes.

D

Deleted member

I always felt the opposite, even during Kass' original prime. Strong lane mechanical plays (controlling where the wave is moving / how hard its pushing) can make the mu a bit frustrating if their jungle takes advantage of that. Post 6 it's pretty skill based though (tipped in kass' advantage although the reward for Malz is a lot higher), and you're definitely more vulnerable to ganks as Malz at that point... but he's still fully capable of 70-80%-deathing kass in his combo. Kassadin doesn't like being silenced much, and most Kass' don't really vary where they blink too (and if they do blink for the best position [perpendicular to malz] they're vulnerable to your jungler).
i won as kassadin in his prime vs malz pretty easily

D

Deleted member

his Q nerf pretty much made me quit being a kassadin main, **** being more defensive than you already have to be

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Jpak have you ever tried running smite as a second summoner as a support? Do you think having double smite for dragon/baron/buff control could possibly outweigh losing one of the standard summoners?

With a support like Alistar or Nunu you could also be able to try out the double jungle and just going straight back to supporting if it's not effective. Just curious to what people think about this.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I do not think having double smite outweighs the loss of a standard summoner.

CV, Heal, Flash, Exhaust pay for themselves throughout the entire course of the game. Smite does not.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I do not think having double smite outweighs the loss of a standard summoner.

CV, Heal, Flash, Exhaust pay for themselves throughout the entire course of the game. Smite does not.
How does not having true 450+x2 damage to dragon/baron/buffs not pose a problem to the other team? CV isn't necessary, heal is usually on the AD these days, but that being said you would be losing probably exhaust/heal/cv/ or flash for it.

I don't see how smite wouldn't pay for itself with your argument. It would be a lot harder to pull off in soloQ as it's harder to coordinate, at the same time be easier to take dragons and steal blue/red due to lack of coordination from the other team as well.

Omni

BRoomer
Because dragon/barron are usually won through team fights and Smite offers nothing in those. If your team is not ahead and the opposing team can afford to force a dragon fight you offer nothing to the team. I don't think supports can reliably try to Smite steal.

I think double Smite works well if the team intends on going for an early quick dragon steal. But that's about it.

It just seems to make more sense to go with a Summoner Spell that will aid in helping your lane partner win their lane so your team can be strong enough to deny dragon control. And the support's role should be doing whatever it takes to make sure their AD carry is stronger than the opposing team's enemy AD carry.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
How does not having true 450+x2 damage to dragon/baron/buffs not pose a problem to the other team? CV isn't necessary, heal is usually on the AD these days, but that being said you would be losing probably exhaust/heal/cv/ or flash for it.

I don't see how smite wouldn't pay for itself with your argument. It would be a lot harder to pull off in soloQ as it's harder to coordinate, at the same time be easier to take dragons and steal blue/red due to lack of coordination from the other team as well.
Yo, why is the other team actually FINISHING dragon when you can steal it and come out ahead? It would be incredibly difficult to come out ahead on a trade where you have your support and jungler go in and double smite something and both die. Huge misplay on their part for even doing it in the first place if you can get in a position to steal it with double smite and not have both die.

Same thing with blue/red. Why are you not fighting them straight up, down a useful teamfight summoner spell (would be exhaust or heal), and instead hitting your blue/red? Like are you trying to give it away? That's the sort thing people try to justify and I put on my ignore list. -_-

And if we're gonna assume **** like that then how about running exhaust/ignite and heal/exhaust on your bot lane instead. That'd punish misplays too.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
on topic of Annie.

in my experience of Playing Annie since like level 6. I think she wins quite a few lanes early on if you play aggresive level 1-3. but if you play farm Annie at the beginning I feel like she loses a bunch of lanes due to not zoning/scaring the oppenent with aggresive play/harassment. either way by level 2 I usually have the opponent zoned out by hold on to a Stun and stepping behind the creeps and just last hitting with AA (which I do surprisingly well lol.)

I don't know how to fight Fizz mid after level 5 though. most annoying champ ever.

Omni

BRoomer
Saw it on Reddit. Looks like a much more cool version of Nasus.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I wish they would give MF a slight "buff" on her Ult. that being that if cancel it before any row of bullets fire it was on a 10 second cooldown instead of regular ult cooldown.

Flayl

Smash Hero
sorta

she plays like a teemo with no mushrooms but instead has Kayle's ult. I usually see Malady + Black Cleaver on her though, going all in on the flat resist reductions. I personally think Teemo and Lulu fill her niche better.
That sounds like a carry version of Kayle, but then again I'm not getting the full picture here - what does Malady + Black Cleaver Kayle get for survivability?

jpak

Smash Lord
Jpak have you ever tried running smite as a second summoner as a support? Do you think having double smite for dragon/baron/buff control could possibly outweigh losing one of the standard summoners?

With a support like Alistar or Nunu you could also be able to try out the double jungle and just going straight back to supporting if it's not effective. Just curious to what people think about this.
This is an interesting idea but not something you can commonly run. You are fixated on drag/baron/buff, however, smite can be used for pushing and general wave control. (Speaking of wave control promote does have a use). I would only try this if I am blue side looking to 2v1 top, transitioning bottom later into the game for buffs and dragons. Blue side top allows you use the smite more effectively. Realistically you want smite to usually be on CD, and if you are only looking to use it on dragon/buffs then your summoner is highly inefficient. There is potential.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
That sounds like a carry version of Kayle, but then again I'm not getting the full picture here - what does Malady + Black Cleaver Kayle get for survivability?
Surviva-what now?

She usually gets PD next if that answers your question :p.

I dunno, I've only seen like 3 Kayle's in solo queue on my main since the remake and they all seem to do Malady BC PD for first 3 items. I think one of the games went on longer and one of them get a Frozen Mallet or a GA or something, but it's such a rare pick that I doubt the builds for her are terribly well refined.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Yo, why is the other team actually FINISHING dragon when you can steal it and come out ahead? It would be incredibly difficult to come out ahead on a trade where you have your support and jungler go in and double smite something and both die. Huge misplay on their part for even doing it in the first place if you can get in a position to steal it with double smite and not have both die.

Same thing with blue/red. Why are you not fighting them straight up, down a useful teamfight summoner spell (would be exhaust or heal), and instead hitting your blue/red? Like are you trying to give it away? That's the sort thing people try to justify and I put on my ignore list. -_-

And if we're gonna assume **** like that then how about running exhaust/ignite and heal/exhaust on your bot lane instead. That'd punish misplays too.
I'm not assuming anything, I'm not even assuming how a dragon fight would turn out so I don't know where you're getting that. This is just an open-ended discussion. It's not like I'm saying running standard summoners is bad. I'm just trying to find out if running smite could be viable at all. Don't need to throw a fit over it. What's wrong with asking questions about viability?

As you and Omni pointed out, if it's a straight up fight for buffs/dragon then it probably isn't as useful since usually it's the team who wins the fight that gets the buffs from it.

I don't think this is viable on a lot of supports, only maybe some of the unorthodox ones and Blitz/Alistar. Doing something like Lee with red buff start and Ali with blue buff start I could see maybe working to some degree since Alistar initial jungle is super strong at lvl 2 with blue, I'm just not sure how effective it is later in the game to be going back to bot when blue ends and roam/supporting with smite as one of your summoners.

This is an interesting idea but not something you can commonly run. You are fixated on drag/baron/buff, however, smite can be used for pushing and general wave control. (Speaking of wave control promote does have a use). I would only try this if I am blue side looking to 2v1 top, transitioning bottom later into the game for buffs and dragons. Blue side top allows you use the smite more effectively. Realistically you want smite to usually be on CD, and if you are only looking to use it on dragon/buffs then your summoner is highly inefficient. There is potential.
I feel like the only supports I would try this with a possibility of working would be Alistar or Nunu, I've seen some pretty lulzy extremely early Baron rushes with double smite with a wriggles jungler + top and/or with AD getting wriggles first. The whole strategy though seems predicated on trying to get the early advantage though.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Surviva-what now?

She usually gets PD next if that answers your question :p.

I dunno, I've only seen like 3 Kayle's in solo queue on my main since the remake and they all seem to do Malady BC PD for first 3 items. I think one of the games went on longer and one of them get a Frozen Mallet or a GA or something, but it's such a rare pick that I doubt the builds for her are terribly well refined.
hmmm...underplayed?

time to advance the Kayle Metagame.

Flayl

Smash Hero
That's kind of what I'm trying to do haha.

Thinking about counter-bruiser top with E + bloodrazor or wit's end. More emphasis on AP early (1 or 2 Doran's Rings) for slight boost to heal and magic damage on E, then after the "counter" item+boots are done putting emphasis on AD.

Sell Doran's Rings for Nashor's Tooth or something

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Boots2, Malady, BC, Rageblade, Madred's imo. Pick up a Vamp Scepter early, then build it into a Gunblade, BT, or Zeke's later.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yeah but I feel like with that build the minute you get hit its over...unless maybe she's supposed to be played like a glass cannon (if we talking "carry" Kayle")

IDK I would probably want a Phage or something in that build. maybe triforce but that **** takes a minute to build.

edit: actually yeah I would prolly try to get phage before i finished madreds...idk I'll do some experimenting today in normals.

Top Bottom