• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So yesterday I lost like 5 games in a row. I played like **** in one game, but then there were two games where I had to support for AD Teemo, stuff like that.

First game today, guy picks Noc and says "JUNGLE NOCT OR FEED". Of course some guy then proceeds to pick and lock jungle Poppy, followed by a jungle Volibear, and then myself as jungle Soraka. We steal their blue, but then they steal ours despite me telling them it'd happen. Bot lane is me and Poppy against Cait / Sona. Volibear gives up like the first three deaths. Their jungle Twitch gets like 5 early kills. 36 minute later, we win 60/41.

I don't even.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Those are the best games. Troll teams are really fun to play as/against every now and then. People never know how to respond to weird team compositions.

Played against a 5 AD ranged carry team today. They played 3 mid and two solo lanes. It was horrifying. They took the middle inhibitor by 15 mins. We won the game in the end thanks to having a real team composition but it was incredibly close. AD carries are bloody annoying at laning/kiting/pushing.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Those are the best games. Troll teams are really fun to play as/against every now and then. People never know how to respond to weird team compositions.

Played against a 5 AD ranged carry team today. They played 3 mid and two solo lanes. It was horrifying. They took the middle inhibitor by 15 mins. We won the game in the end thanks to having a real team composition but it was incredibly close. AD carries are bloody annoying at laning/kiting/pushing.
Dat health tho

Ive been tryin out Teemo, he's 2 gud.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
.. I played a game yesterday.. And i was mid lane with Ahri against a tryndamere..

My inexperience had me die cause he killed me with crits the first time.. Then we traded 2 deaths cause i used ignite and then he killed me while he was under endless rage.

voorhese

Smash Master
how? I honestly don't see that match up being even in the slightest. He gap closer just gets taunted, and his ulti just gets wasted because you can ult out also. Also rylais would destroy him in lane, did you rush it? He has to last hit by punching stuff basically, you can hit him for free when he tries to last hit, so you would **** him in CS until he gets super life steal, and then I'm not even sure that would save him. Idk im sure you should destroy trynd in lane, and I wouldn't think that inexperience would be enough to tip the match up into being in his favor, or even make it neutral. I mean common sense says you have range, and he doesn't.

also http://www.solomid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/19767-solomid-is-hiring/

voorhese

Smash Master
Yeah, and also can you add me to the list of players?

Smashboards account: jason_voorhese329
summoner name: voorhese
mains: ahri, sivir, nidalee, alistar, shaco <--- strongest i have for each role.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
mogwai doesnt update the screenshot because he never goes into the smash chat anymore

voorhese

Smash Master
attack damage marks/quints, armor seals, and magic res per level glyphs. As far as i can tell not many ad carries get Armor pen marks, like chaox only uses them on MF and I assume you mean ranged AD?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
attack damage marks/quints, armor seals, and magic res per level glyphs. As far as i can tell not many ad carries get Armor pen marks, like chaox only uses them on MF and I assume you mean ranged AD?
I agree with this man.

The difference between armor pen marks and flat atk dmg marks is negligible. The reason you choose atk dmg marks is to help you last hit better and usually your champ's abilities will scale with atk dmg.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I finally got the rune page bundle, any tips a good generic AD rune page?
15 Flat AD
Flat Armor Seals
Flat MR Glyphs

I agree with this man.

The difference between armor pen marks and flat atk dmg marks is negligible. The reason you choose atk dmg marks is to help you last hit better and usually your champ's abilities will scale with atk dmg.
Flat AD leads to much easier laning since you can last hit easier and harass stronger. The value of your armor pen also goes down later on because it will cut into Last Whisper as well.

i doubt chaox uses mr/lvl glyphs
Flat MR =/= MR/lvl

Chaox almost 95% of the time uses Flat MR, not scaling.

voorhese

Smash Master
i doubt chaox uses mr/lvl glyphs
I don't see why not, for the most part unless Sona is poking you bot, then you wont take a lot of magic damage until ur past lvl 6 anyway. And since they are nerfing Sona this patch I will be using MR per level bot.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ganks from Mid or Junglers that do magic damage, harass in lane that's magic (Ali Taric Sona Janna Soraka Blitz need I go on?). All it takes to convince me to use flat in lane lol

You'd see scaling MR mostly on jungle or top lane if you're dealing with generic bruiser #300

voorhese

Smash Master
Really? I thought everything beat was like the same at 6, and then stronger 7+ I didn't do the math on all of them. Also DMG i am aware of the pokes from the supports, but i haven't had too much of a problem with that. Maybe it's just the level i am playing at, but they don't poke to often cuz they need to conserve mana is my guess. Sona is the one support besides crank that i see try to play super aggressive at my level, but as i said sona nerf inc, and if crank grabs you ur in trouble no matter if u had scaling or flat MR. And wow lvl 10? I will have to use flat methinks now. That's def after 1st couple teamfights usually happen...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The only (worthwhile) runes that beat the regular scaling at or around level 6 is like scaling AP Glyphs IIRC. Everything else is closer to level 8-10 before it beats the flat ones. Scaling mana regen used to be bonkers but everything else yeah it's down the road.

voorhese

Smash Master
Yeah i main mages so i use per level mana regen and AP. also the mana per 5 per level is close, but not higher than. thats why i assumed they were all basically the same at lvl 6 lol

D

Deleted member

never use scaling mana regen per 5 unless u have no IP

never use scaling MR on AD carry you'd be surprised by amount of ap damage a lot of ad carries do EARLY on, for example tristanas max either jump/explosive shot(?) first and those are magic damage, corki maxes Q which is magic damage ETC

voorhese

Smash Master
lol wow i forgot about the cost being the reason i bought scaling mana regen 1st! also thx for that 2nd bit of advice, i forgot some ad carries deal AP also. That is a definite deal breaker for scaling MR.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
never use scaling mana regen per 5 unless u have no IP

never use scaling MR on AD carry you'd be surprised by amount of ap damage a lot of ad carries do EARLY on, for example tristanas max either jump/explosive shot(?) first and those are magic damage, corki maxes Q which is magic damage ETC

Yeah not to mention I don't want Skarner Udyr Cho Rammus 90% of junglers ****** my no MR self as I flee the scene

john!

Smash Hero
why would you use flat MR glyphs instead of scaling against (for example) graves+soraka bot and lee sin jungle?

how much magic damage are you going to be taking early game? almost none.

edit: ashe+sejuani would be insane blockers in mario kart

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
why would you use flat MR glyphs instead of scaling against (for example) graves+soraka bot and lee sin jungle?

how much magic damage are you going to be taking early game? almost none.

edit: ashe+sejuani would be insane blockers in mario kart
Oh so you found 1 example out of 100 that shows you might want to use scaling instead.

Let's forget about their mid too while we're at it.

CARRY GOAL NOT TO GET *****

GET FLAT NO GET ***** SO BAD GUSTA

john!

Smash Hero
Oh so you found 1 example out of 100 that shows you might want to use scaling instead.

Let's forget about their mid too while we're at it.

CARRY GOAL NOT TO GET *****

GET FLAT NO GET ***** SO BAD GUSTA
look i know you like stalking and insulting me but let's be realistic for a second

what is the majority of the damage you take early game? physical. there are more AD junglers than AP junglers.

the only reason you would want flat mres blues is if they had corki/sona bot or something with lots of magic damage (or if their mid likes coming down and killing you before you hit the breakeven point, because your support doesn't ward or something??? i dunno maybe that happens at your ****ty elo)

and since the carry's goal is to "not get *****" according to you (i always thought it was to deal lots of damage, but i guess you have your own metagame) then those scaling mres glyphs will help you not die to flash tibbers during a level 18 team fight

Top Bottom