• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
swf doesnt play mid? I always thought it was the most popular and appealing role to casuals since you get to see yourself do lots of damage

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I pretty much exclusively play mid characters.

Brand, Xerath and Morgana.

Although I haven't used Brand or Morgana since I got Xerath.

Once you get 2 dorans you can 2 hit creep waves with Q.

It's even better if you have a good Jungler who gives you the 2nd blue that pops.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
how do i say this...

supporting in solo-queue is ****ing ********. who would ever suggest such an idea to me
As long as you get a reasonable AD carry, you can definitely be a factor support wise. It may be due to the ELO bracket I'm in now, but unless your ad bot is absolutely ******** (which in soloQ this can happen to any lane) your basically the dictator of how the lane is going to be.

Sona is great at this because of her Q and range, I use gp5 quints, but I've been debating just ad quints with my current arpen reds, flat armor yellows, w/e blues I use on her/Janna.

I find Janna/Sona being the most effective at trading harass if you don't want to rely on your AD to recognize and help you. I suppose Nunu/GP are good for this too but I never have used them for support. Just shielding yourself as Janna and autoing while retreating back into bushes is pretty strong.

Taric/Alistar/Leona are great too but they are sort of reliant on there AD carry to follow them up. Soraka is sort of the same way except she doesn't initiate anything usually unless it's a bait, since you rely on them to know if they take dmg they are about to get healed and 1000000000+ armor buff so they can keep attacking.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
As long as you get a reasonable AD carry, you can definitely be a factor support wise. It may be due to the ELO bracket I'm in now, but unless your ad bot is absolutely ******** (which in soloQ this can happen to any lane) your basically the dictator of how the lane is going to be.

Sona is great at this because of her Q and range, I use gp5 quints, but I've been debating just ad quints with my current arpen reds, flat armor yellows, w/e blues I use on her/Janna.

I find Janna/Sona being the most effective at trading harass if you don't want to rely on your AD to recognize and help you. I suppose Nunu/GP are good for this too but I never have used them for support. Just shielding yourself as Janna and autoing while retreating back into bushes is pretty strong.

Taric/Alistar/Leona are great too but they are sort of reliant on there AD carry to follow them up. Soraka is sort of the same way except she doesn't initiate anything usually unless it's a bait, since you rely on them to know if they take dmg they are about to get healed and 1000000000+ armor buff so they can keep attacking.
I don't get Jannas who spam this though, what would keep the other AD+support from jumping on your carry as soon as your shied runs out and your dmg is ignorable again?
Yeah you can still help him out with your other skills but that costs alot of mana just for some harass with shield empowered AAs.

I'm not saying the whole idea is stupid, but from the little amount of Jannas i see in solo q most of them dont use this very wisely imo

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I don't get Jannas who spam this though, what would keep the other AD+support from jumping on your carry as soon as your shied runs out and your dmg is ignorable again?
Yeah you can still help him out with your other skills but that costs alot of mana just for some harass with shield empowered AAs.

I'm not saying the whole idea is stupid, but from the little amount of Jannas i see in solo q most of them dont use this very wisely imo
It's lane matchup/skill dependent. You see there AD/support use skills? Your free to go ahead and harass. There's a lot of factors for when to do it or not. Such as if your ad is far back waiting on the caster minions etc. It's certainly something that shouldn't be spammed unless it's something you think you can get away with.

That being said, a larger majority of my shields in lane are reactions to harass on either side on the AD. Being able to consistently react/predict to shield stuff like buckshot/volley or recognizing when your lane partner is going to harass obviously makes a huge difference since you have no sustain unless you have summoner heal.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
One of the the most infuriating parts about being sick this past week is that I can't commit to a LoL game because my stomach is so volatile there is a chance I'd afk for an extended period of time.

DUB

Smash Lord
Meh, I think Janna pulls more weight in solo Q then most supports besides maybe Alistar. Her keep away/protection is too good when it comes to making sure the solo q terrors dont feed. The ulti is so forgiving.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I run AD quints and get Sheen with my support Sona. People learn to be ****ing terrified of that **** quickly bot lane

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
swf doesnt play mid? I always thought it was the most popular and appealing role to casuals since you get to see yourself do lots of damage
I think it's you and Leacero.

Also I was talking to Kevin, Andy, not you, lol. You already have AD and jangle.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jungle Amumu builds straight AP, right? Stack Deathcaps, then take over mid when your Veigar starts feeding

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Mogwai in that guide you say pantheon smacks at level 1.

and I can see that in most cases but what about panth vs riven? or panth vs garen?

guide was great tho. definitely put up some numbers after trying your build.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i dont think i want to do support in solo-queue unless i know im playing at higher elo's.

i supported 3 of the dumbest players 3 times in a row lastnight

*5 min into the game*
"hey try to just last hit ur minions. u keep auto attacking and pushing the wave"
"shut up im better than u in this game. im trying to get their tower obv"
"...."

"hey i just warded river and bush so if jungler comes we'll be fine."
*pings that rammus is approaching*
*i run. he stands near tower as caitlin and keeps auto attacking*
*3 man gank with all full life*
"why did u run u left me there to die i could have killed them all
"..."

*me laning with vayne as soraka*
*vayne does nothing but try to last hit and has a knack of missing them all*
"hey, u know u should use your mana pool and harass or roll a bit"
"nah"
*cant keep up with enemy team harassing her*
"hey why arent u healing me faster"
"..."

Omni

BRoomer
Back to jungling it is!

I just turned LVL 29. One more to go!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
3rd, I prefer support and jungle over it, more a utility player than a "DEAL TONS AND TONS OF DAMAGE" player.

Honestly, Leona is not great unless you're paired with sivir and on purple side.

Purple side because you don't have to worry about tri-bush ganks when you start regrowth pendant 21 in defense and pots.

Sivir, cause she has the best burst damage of any AD carry in the meta if you get a stun off.

Granted, others can work in a pinch, like graves. In general (in my relatively noobish opinion) I don't think it's a strong lane except with sivir.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
@Mogwai in that guide you say pantheon smacks at level 1.

and I can see that in most cases but what about panth vs riven? or panth vs garen?

guide was great tho. definitely put up some numbers after trying your build.
Pantheon bodies Garen and Riven. So long as you chuck spears on the way in and build up your passive prior to engaging, you will work them over even at level 1.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Odds are you're better then you were before.

Which reminds me, I'd like to start ranked rather soon, I'm a competent player that mains support. Currently looking for a duo queue partner, preferably an AD carry. Would like to practice in a number of normals with said duo queue partner before actually playing ranked.
I'll duo with you, sir. I don't play a ton of AD carries, but honestly if you keep our carry alive while I jungle, we'll be a potent duo.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pantheon bodies Garen and Riven. So long as you chuck spears on the way in and build up your passive prior to engaging, you will work them over even at level 1.
But then a wild malphite appears!

I still remember that game, that malphite was probably worse then mine.

I'll duo with you, sir. I don't play a ton of AD carries, but honestly if you keep our carry alive while I jungle, we'll be a potent duo.
Ok, we could try it in some normals. In that case we'd primarily be concentrating on map control since we do the majority of the warding (all at low levels unfortunately)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Hey Dphat, I main jungle!

"SCN you suck so it doesn't matter"

Thiocyanide, saving Dphat post count since 2012.

Omni

BRoomer
so guys when i reach lvl 30 will u guys adopt me into the 'swf elite we play lol really well' party and train as as one of your kin

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You guys are adopting people? I wanna be adopted into the awesome smash lol'ers club too!

you mean the malphite like a month ago who got completely bodied by my drunk Pantheon who decided to rush LW!?
Longer, the one that was ridiculously bad and died twice I think it was in lane. Then he hit 6 and completely outbodied you and even killed you under turret 1v1. Also kennen wouldn't switch.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
so guys when i reach lvl 30 will u guys adopt me into the 'swf elite we play lol really well' party and train as as one of your kin
wait, swf elite play lol really well? I thought everyone on swf sucked other than jpak...

Longer, the one that was ridiculously bad and died twice I think it was in lane. Then he hit 6 and completely outbodied you and even killed you under turret 1v1. Also kennen wouldn't switch.
oh yea, that game, yea that one sucked. the other one where I was drunk was after that and I seriously just rushed LW and bodied the malphite, it was hilarious. Still don't really understand how it happened.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Judging skill in League is really hard if you don't play arranged play

Soloq and arranged are COMPLETELY different monsters, this is evident in literally any game with team play.

EDIT: Also, the SWF people troll the **** out of eachother every time they play together.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Judging skill in League is really hard if you don't play arranged play

Soloq and arranged are COMPLETELY different monsters, this is evident in literally any game with team play.

EDIT: Also, the SWF people troll the **** out of eachother every time they play together.
I dunno, there's not a ton of trolling going on when I play with smashers, guess it depends on the group.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What is the most obnoxious Irelia hard MU in lane? I want something that gives her the peepee from Level 1 to Level 18.

Top Bottom