• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Don't you mean skarner and warwick are the same character cept skarner is better?
no, if I meant that I would've said that. WW's late game is still stupider than Udyr and Skarnar by a noticeable margin, but he's completely nonviable in the jungle right now, so it's a moot point because he has so many ****ty top matchups.

D

Deleted member

unless u play a hipster that puts a ghey ad carry top lane (teemo is fine i think though), chogath loses NO lanes if you build/rune correctly

thats my take on it either that or i consistently play people that suck

fkacyan

Smash Hero
how does cho do vs. nidalee? last time i played cho i went vs. a nid with some gay early game runes or something and couldn't do ****. got harassed out of lane constantly.
Q + W low hp creeps, ignore harass.

D

Deleted member

i stack flat armor yellow/blues and everytime they auto attack me i heal back the difference from one creep

if they auto attack me early without doing perfect brush tactics to not take creep aggro lane pushes in my favor early and chogath is weakest early (just stay LOW positionally in the lane so if they want to auto attack they can't go in the brush)

once lane pushes in your favor you have a free ride to level 3-5 where nid is beatable until nid gets wriggles. Nid is still beatable if they are extremely predictable which most ****ty nids are

==

i play cho very aggressively though post level 2, its from this point on i try my best to **** the opponent esp. in solo q, just know that early on your goal is to have the lane push in your favor IMO unless your jungler is going to early gank, even then it's NOT worth the jungler to level 2 gank unless you will kill ur opponent, pushing the laner early is suicide if the other jungler is strong. Cho is weak early and has no free move skills or gap closers, you either kill them or have the lane push in your favor early, else you are probably screwed

so rune wise, i usually go magic pen reds no matter what, hard ad lanes stack armor yellow/blues, and always use movespeed quints

vs ez pz lanes/ weak early gankers i use armor/mr per level runes but this is a mistake vs strong laners you'll get pooped on

masteries i use 21 offense, 9 defense (3 in armor/mr depending on matchup and i get veterans scars)

==

so if nid is chunking you for each auto attack, you're runing/mastery building wrong

thumbswayup

Smash Master
yea, I've been at 300 somewhere around 15-18 minutes before.
Dude are you serious? That's freaking insane. 300 at the 15 min mark is just unstoppable.

I despise Cho, everything about him is annoying. Solo top against him is very unpleasant. I find I need my jungler to gank him very early to accomplish anything. Also, has anyone else noticed how broken ad Nid is?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I run as marks, flat armor seals, mr/ level glyphs and ms quints, build mostly just tank and not much damage. But idk what the actual good/recommended builds are.
Thanks.

Can someone help me with jungle Cho skill build, masteries and items?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mogwai/Andy/Zac, what program do you guys use to stream? Just got faster internet, going to try out streaming.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone, they are just the only ones I know of who stream.

jpak

Smash Lord
Riot suspended saintvicious yessssssssssss. Suspending popular people is gooood

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This^

If you want, Hylian, sometime I can give you a rundown on settings and stuff. I've fiddled with settings for hours. o.o
That would be nice <3 :).

MacD

Banned via Administration
soooooo, there was this nid i just had top vs udyr, i think we can all take a page from her book

rage blade, merc treads, sheen, and 84 cs at about 30 minutes, die by jumping into 3 people every fight, then deciding to build wriggles, topping it off with phage and 102 cs at 40 min when we win

and by we, i mean me (sona), vayne, and lee and sorta leblanc

like i don't care if you play AD or AP nid, but don't build that stupid **** then jump into the middle of team fight and wonder why you die with just rage blade and sheen

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
like i don't care if you play AD or AP nid, but don't build that stupid **** then jump into the middle of team fight and wonder why you die with just rage blade and sheen
fixed. ._.

MacD

Banned via Administration
LOOOOL, i actually was debating telling her to just go split push, but then i figured her new job in a team fight was heal our vayne and it started working

and she didn't seem to think much was wrong with her build.... so yea

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Nasus w/ support Soraka is so funny if you let him get all the farm with his Q.

I did a Nasus/Brand lane last night with one of my friends.

I took all the champ kills and he took all the farm.

Fortune and Nidalee got wrecked.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jungle Revive/Teleport Corki

I went like 6/2 and then our support ashe was real bad (this is what happens when your goal with your 3 mates is to see who can force the most queue dodges in a row).

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So I was playing Jarman solo top versus an Irelia yesterday. I grabbed Ignite and she grabbed teleport. So we are about even CS and get into a fight level 3 and I barely win. So I go back and buy some stuff and start moving back to lane. So Irelia teleports back when she respawns and just gains an XP / CS advantage and just bullies me for the rest of laning. She pushed really hard and was susceptible to ganking which never really happen, but I guess what I am trying to get at, would the high elo players chime in on teleport versus ignite when you are tanky DPS top lane? I feel like that single teleport after I killed her ruined my laning.

Also, if you are building wriggles, is it better to get the long sword or the vamp scepter if you have enough money for either but not both.

D

Deleted member

ignite in solo q/ non-top tier lane opponents if u plan on being aggressive (AGGRESSION ***** LANES/ WINS YOU GAMES AND YOU'RE NOT A BORING *****)

teleport for serious competitive games/ if u want to not sit around top all day

I play very aggressively with jarvan and most irelias are fairly easy to **** IMO

in the spots where you barely kill someone, i'd push a wave as quick as u can then go b so the exp loss isnt that bad if its safe

==

i'd get vamp scepter for sustain, which you need vs irelia and most opponents

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
ignite in solo q/ non-top tier lane opponents if u plan on being aggressive (AGGRESSION ***** LANES/ WINS YOU GAMES AND YOU'RE NOT A BORING *****)

teleport for serious competitive games/ if u want to not sit around top all day

I play very aggressively with jarvan and most irelias are fairly easy to **** IMO

in the spots where you barely kill someone, i'd push a wave as quick as u can then go b so the exp loss isnt that bad if its safe

==

i'd get vamp scepter for sustain, which you need vs irelia and most opponents
Thats what I thought the consensus would be on ignite versus teleport.

The reason I backed right away is that I was worried about a jungle gank, I had to use flash ignite to get the kill. The other thing that really hurt me is that she came back with a vamp scepter (no boots). I came back with boots and a vamp scepter. She came back before me and started pushing really hard, so her sustain was better than mine since she was auto - attacking more. Her creep wave was usually larger so anytime I engaged they would put some hurt on me and when I retreated she was free to heal up on my minions.

I definitely feel like I got outplayed, so I am just trying to figure out what I could do differently.

Here is basically what happened.

We are even in lane. Level 3 I blow my summoners to get a kill and then I back.

So even in CS and I have an extra 300 gold.

We both come back with vamp scepter but I have boots.

She gets back with teleport instantly and gets a CS and XP advantage and has a larger wave.

Anytime I go for the attrition battle we deal similar damage but I have trouble picking fights because of her larger minion wave.

She uses the creep wave advantage to auto attack creeps and heal faster than me.

She starts getting a significant CS lead because I am missing a few to the tower and just snowballs me from there.

So I guess what I need to know is where did I go wrong.

Should I have skipped boots in favor of some more potions or a long sword assuming she was back in lane while I was shopping and saw she had no boots?

Should I have called for a gank when I realized she was auto attacking a lot and pushing? (our jungler wasn't the best)

Should I have grabbed teleport for this specific match up?

Should I have pushed really hard after the kill before going back because I knew she was going to tele back to lane? Should I do this understanding the risk of a jungle gank after I blew my Summoners?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Teleport is really nice on top not just to help win the lane early, but for dragon/teamfight control. If you are just going to sit top and farm all game you really need teleport to jump on to dragon/teamfights if your team needs you. If the person you are playing against doesn't have teleport and you do it's pretty much instant map control if your team is smart about it.

If you don't have teleport(usually people take exhaust not ignite though) you better win your lane hard and either do work on the tower or force them to use their teleport to keep the dragon control even.

Top Bottom