• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm a fan of having limited edition stuff that no one else can have. I flaunted my deaths demise title all the time when I used to play WoW.
That's completely different, though (Grand Crusader myself, actually :3). That required skill AND being first with that skill.

If they released that Jarv Gold skin for purchase I can understand being mad.

@a DUMB bro deus: Pentakill AND muse sona are both fantastic, get he @#$% out

EDIT: WHoops I accidentalyl censor dodged.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Practice Last Hitting

Don't Feed

Wards are good

And always blame support/junglers if things go wrong

(More than Half of these are actually good suggestions)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lasting hitting a weird concept to grasp but I guess that will just take experience to get down. I know I've done this before in other MMOs to get the kill counted for me for epeen so I think i can manage this down on after some time of learning the controls of this game.

What is feeding?

Ward is a what?

What exactly does jungling do?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What is feeding?
dying
Ward is a what?
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ward
The Wiki isn't accurate, though. No explanation of what a ward is is correct without the phrase "wards win games"

What exactly does jungling do?
One (or more) person kills the neutral camps in the "jungle" instead of going into the three lanes.
1. Experience that is given when killing a creep is distributed between any nearby champions. Two champions in one lane will be lower level than one champion given the same time spent in lane.
2. The jungler controls the red and blue buffs in each jungle, making sure that the enemy can't steal it and that it is put to good use.
3. The jungler will attempt to gank lanes in order to put pressure, show their presence, force the enemy out of lane, or hopefully get a kill.

john!

Smash Hero
it's really easy to last hit with annie, her q gives you an incentive to do so (you get mana back for last hitting with it, in case you didn't know)

being able to farm minions effectively is the most important skill in this game IMO

L__

Smash Master
feeding is giving up kills

wards are in the consumable tab. it's an item that gives you temporary vision of an area upon placing it down. the time varies depending on which ward you get. green only gives you vision of a limited area meanwhile pink gives you vision of a limited area in addition to stealthed units.

as for jungling watch these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_aPU37mVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGQA4pT7UQ

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
it's really easy to last hit with annie, her q gives you an incentive to do so (you get mana back for last hitting with it, in case you didn't know)

being able to farm minions effectively is the most important skill in this game IMO
Did not know that, no wonder I keep running out of MP too fast

feeding is giving up kills

wards are in the consumable tab. it's an item that gives you temporary vision of an area upon placing it down. the time varies depending on which ward you get. green only gives you vision of a limited area meanwhile pink gives you vision of a limited area in addition to stealthed units.

as for jungling watch these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_aPU37mVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGQA4pT7UQ
Thanks for the videos

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh yeah

Don't worry about Runes before you can buy the best tier (tier 3 runes, and you unlock the slots to use them at level 20 or 21). Once you are able to get the best tier runes, that's when you should look into what you need. Same with masteries: don't worry about them too much until your account level starts getting into the twenties.

D

Deleted member

Large majority of people instaclick Punish ij Tribunal, fastest way to get IP since most people up there are not innocent by any means.

@ johnny - I guess I'm still like 100 ELO away from having these fun/challenging top lanes, unless I get stuck in a bad matchup it's all been boring so far :(

:phone:
unless im top elo facing some true 1700 chump i sometimes face ex-2200s or 2000 elo dudes and lanings challenging and fun

but i am using OP chogath

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh yeah

Don't worry about Runes before you can buy the best tier (tier 3 runes, and you unlock the slots to use them at level 20 or 21). Once you are able to get the best tier runes, that's when you should look into what you need. Same with masteries: don't worry about them too much until your account level starts getting into the twenties.
Exactly what my plan was. I'm gonna save those points i get since i do not plan to spend money on this.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Where can I go to look up the patch history for certain characters?

Also, is there any point to the utility tree other than for supports? Mastermind is a pretty sweet mastery, but I'd rather invest 21 points in offense... with everyone, maybe even the supports.

Leacero

Smash Lord
since i do not plan to spend money on this.
Good man. And my advice to you is to not worry about the jungle atm and focus on getting your laning basics down. Watch more advanced players and see what they would do and understand why the things they do are different from what you do.

Also get blue buff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Blue buff best buff in game

Give to caster watch him

HE PRESS THEY DIE

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm not sure how I feel about this statement. I think communication is the most important skill in this game but what do I know I'm just a jungler.
different skills are the most important for progressing from each stage of skill in this game. being able to last hit effectively is a pretty damn important fundamental.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Once you can last hit a large majority of creeps under tower, you don't have to worry about your CS.

Many matchups revolve around "oh, so and so is weak in lane because I can push creeps to their tower." But even (relatively) poor pushers like Vayne have tools for getting CS while accounting for tower shots, so if you master that any lane is still a good lane for you.

Unless your jungler is weak.

Honestly I feel like jungler is the best person to be the team leader because of how much play-making he does early on. Has to have the most map awareness and understanding of how each lane is going. (also this is why I am poor jungler, just ask whoever it was got stuck with my Amumu).

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
So I discovered tonight that jungling Volibear with AP runes is a bad thing. Who knew? :/

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Johnny is cursed once again!

btw Leacero needs to get a new computer so Fear Boners can bone once more

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm always amazed at the types of players I run into.

I don't just mean bad kids.

I just had a game where I was mid with xerath. first time xerath, but his kit isn't all that hard, you know? So I'm beating the vlad I'm up against. Malphite is solo top getting owned, but he's berating all of us. He stole blue buff from me while i was taking it. Said "you die too much" when i complained . At that point I was 1-1-2. He had 3 deaths.
I got triple ganked at mid and got out alive because my team showed up. Everyone except malphite. We killed 2 lost 2 when malph finally ran in, after the fight had dissipated. he ulted alone into 3 of them and died. So he types "WTF no mia calls on that? noob team."
we were all like "is kid serious?"
Super troll.

But then out of nowhere, he's wrecking with malphite. He keeps getting kills. he's still doing the most ******** things, but he always wins fights. Like, we killed 4 of them at dragon without dying at all. this is 40 minutes in. We can win the game right there by pushing the inhib turret at mid and moving in. Instead, he dragons solo while we all push mid and we can't get anything done without him. then as we all back off mid when we can't win it, he tower dives solo, kills vlad, and then runs back out and survives. No tower won. just some dragon gold and a solo kill.
But at the end of it all, we have 2 inhibs down and the other team fails in team fights and we are able to push back and win the whole game. Troll malph went like 15-7-23 or something. Trolling the whole way, making the worst decisions ever, but always winning fights.

Such an interesting game. It's hard for me to understand how someone can strategically be that bad, but in skirmishes always do whats right.

I'm not sure if I like xerath or not yet. His kit seems fun, but I always felt like, even with high AP, that i wasn't doing much damage. I peaked out at like 700 AP that game. Did ok damage I guess, but I was just thinking about how badly I'd **** on people if I had that much AP as annie or orianna. Didn't seem to compare.
I suppose my team was to dumb to play poke-wars, and that's probably where xerath stands out over annie.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Speaking of last hitting underneath the tower and concerns of my overall problem of being OoM, would it be okay for Ezreal to mystic shot each minion of <50% that's being targeted by the tower for the purpose of last hitting or is having no mana under the tower a cue for being tower dived?

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So I feel like building CDR and Mpen is much stronger on Arhi than AP. I mean, yes you will buy AP when you get things like Will, Rylais, Void staff, Morello's, but you don't really need to worry about RoA or Deathcap like you do on other AP champs. She also seems to have this weird feel in teamfights where she doesn't commit to killing someone but just spreads out sustained damage until they are low. She's just strange, but very fun to play.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I buy it on Nasus sometimes for endless laning. I've bought it on Veigar because it's hilarious with his passive. I feel that it's a tad expensive for what it does though. Maybe increase the MR to compensate.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
No idea why I listened to a random to buy Tear instead of Chalice on Galio before. MR and MP%regen sustainability.

Top Bottom