• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

solecalibur

Smash Master
I kinda leave the ad block off just cause id rather give money to the community with out me paying anything and there not that bad since there in between games.

D

Deleted member

whats the best gp build (masteries/runes/items) to counter kass mid?

i can already do it sorta well going philo (negatron) and just spamming Q's all day but i wanna **** him really hard

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
whats the best gp build (masteries/runes/items) to counter kass mid?

i can already do it sorta well going philo (negatron) and just spamming Q's all day but i wanna **** him really hard
i dont know if my build is the best, but i havent lost to a kass yet

21/9/0, arpen reds, armor yellows, mr blues, arpen quints

start regrowth pendant into philo and just spam q while building whatever you usually build, pretty faceroll until kass gets blue and can spam you back at like 5+

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
That 'stain gone' song is better that a lot of the songs I hear on the radio.

Dunno how effective that advertising is, though. I never did see that Anna Faris movie.

D

Deleted member

i dont know if my build is the best, but i havent lost to a kass yet

21/9/0, arpen reds, armor yellows, mr blues, arpen quints

start regrowth pendant into philo and just spam q while building whatever you usually build, pretty faceroll until kass gets blue and can spam you back at like 5+
haha thats literally the same exact runes and build i do

flat mr or scaling?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
flat mr, too lazy to grind for scaling ones

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well flat also helps you in lane sooner than scaling. Vs Kass that's probably what you want anyway

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well you can max oranges to have a feast or max q to give him a righteous kick in the face or max e to not give ****s

Max E easier to catch him, easier to beat his face in 1 v 1. Max Q if you're gonna simply harass with that/kite with it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
max q for sure, you can chunk him so hard and the extra gold from minions is op

e, then oranges

kass wont fight you 1v1, so maxing e first is pointless

voorhese

Smash Master
picking up leblanc =) the worst KD ive had is 2 and it was like 6/3/something and 2/1/something also this

<3 randoms

most games i have played i havent died. =)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Dayum, hella LoL up in this ***** I didn't even know about.

EGGZ
Summoner names: Eggz2021, AAEggz, FutureTense69
Main: Jungle/tanky dps

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I've been having trouble trying to decide what are the best Runes for Blitzcrank, I usually play him as support AD.
I was just wondering what some of yall thought, or know what to get for him, because I am very lost.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I've been having trouble trying to decide what are the best Runes for Blitzcrank, I usually play him as support AD.
I was just wondering what some of yall thought, or know what to get for him, because I am very lost.
I run the following runes on blitz
Quints: Movement Speed or Armor Pen
Reds: Either Flat AD or Armor Pen
Yellows: Flat/Scaling Armor
Blues: Magic Resist/Flat Armor (Usually opt for flat armor since you'll most likely be bot lane)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
doublelift seems to have armor pen reds, flat armor yellows, scaling mr blues, and flat armor quints. not sure why he chose those quints, but the rest of the page seems legit
If he's bot lane I guess his logic is that he might get shot a couple times by AD people.
-DD

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Feeling much more confident in jungle ad malz now. I've smoothed out the kinks in his early jungle so I dont have to back at all. Got two replays of it if people are interested, will post later.

I did find getting manamune as soon as possible is the best choice in item select. After that and Brutalizer, I'm still not sure what to build on him. LW and Bloodthirster are both good options, depends on your gold income. GA is almost necessary to keep your voidlings alive longer.

I run arm pen reds, flat ad quints/yellows, and flat cdr blues. Masteries at 15/0/15 with magic pen, arm pen, attack damage, utility mastery and movespeed.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Voidlings don't inherit lifesteal, do they?
Only bonus attack damage and armor pen.

Also, the voidling growth in stage 2/3 where they get 50% more attack damage only affects their base attack damage.

(Passive): After casting 4 spells, Malzahar summons a Voidling for 21 seconds.Voidlings have 200 + 50 x lvl Health and 20 + 5 x lvl Damage). The voidlings benefit from Malzahar's bonus attack damage and armor penetration. Voidlings grow after 7 seconds (+50% base damage/armor), and Frenzy after 14 seconds (increased attack speed).

Voidlings' Armor: 30 (45 after 7 seconds)
Voidlings' Magic Resistance: 50
Voidlings' Attack Speed: 0.831 (1.496 after 14 seconds)
Voidlings' Movement Speed: 451

Voidlings will always attack the target affected by Malzahar's most recently cast Malefic Visions. If there are no targets affected by Malefic Visions, it will attack random targets.

MacD

Banned via Administration
"Voidlings will always attack the target affected by Malzahar's most recently cast Malefic Visions"

i was wondering what happens when you cast a second malefic vision

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
keeps attacking the first one, or if not attacking/that target dies, switches to second one.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If you opt to run armor pen quints I recommend the flat AD reds and if you opt for the movement speed or flat armor quints I would recommend armor pen reds.
:urg:

no

no

no

no

no

If you ever, EVER, think to yourself, "I would like to run AD Marks and ArPen Quints," you are wrong, plain and ****ing simple. 3 ArPen Quints = 6 ArPen Marks. 3 AD Quints > 7 AD Marks. In other words, AD Marks and ArPen Quints is STRICTLY WORSE than 6 ArPen Marks, 3 AD Marks and AD Quints, assuming that you just want 10 ArPen.

The science behind balancing AD and ArPen is stupidly difficult because you can't know exactly how your opponents will spec or how you'll have to prioritize targets in game, but basically, now that people are smartening up enough to open with wriggle's in lane and spec flat armor seals vs. AD lanes as opposed to using cookie cutter builds with stupidly low base armors, I think speccing all out ArPen is usually going to be better short of strong AD scaling because it's actually pretty rare for even a ranged carry or support to have less than 31 armor by level 5, thus eliminating the case where ArPen is wasted due to too low armor.

holy run on sentence Batman!

Anyway, I dunno, I'll probably pull together a spreadsheet and do some analysis later, but that's where my head's been at when I'm thinking of how to spec offensively these days.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Arpen quints are exactly double Arpen marks, where as AD quints are closer to 2.25/2.30 ish flat AD marks.

I'd run Arpen Quints as well. I don't see the need for more AD runewise on blitz: while you get double the effect from popup, you also would do increased damage the more armor pen you have. Only advantages I see are slightly more damage on popup very early on where lots of armor pen might be wasted, and more damage to towers.

You're probably best off with arpen marks (Cause what else are you gonna run basically), and then picking what you want from quints (arpen, mvs, armor)

john!

Smash Hero
yeah i considered buying flat ad reds a while ago but the math doesn't add up.

IMO flat pen quints are good for flat pen builds (black cleaver, ghostblade... usually melee ad who can go for the squishy carry) but ad quints are better for last whisper builds (ranged carry who has to hit whomever they can regardless of armor)

one of these days i should finish my rune/item value comparison

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I like flat AD on my teemo. Am I bad? :(
I do it too, but the answer is still probably yes. I dunno, I'm just noticing that if I came to lane with 31 arPen, I'd rarely be wasting any of it these days and that's making me reconsider flat AD on my quints.

Unless you were also talking about marks, in which case the answer is a resounding yes by all accounts.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Are you maxing W?
Yes. I'm new to it though, so maybe I just feel more fragile than I really am. I feel like it's a constant struggle not to fall behind though.
Irelia has always had a million bad lanes. but they're all just slightly bad. no one really makes me wanna hang myself when I'm playing Irelia.
The biggest problem I have is missing a lot of cs in the very early levels. Later I'll have Wriggles or Philo or something to help me sustain (+ higher levels of W), but int he early levels I feel like I avoid trying to get more cs because of how much harass it will open me up to
Why are you trying to be hipster :(? You should play the champion if you were interested in him before and not care what everybody else does IMO.
Occasionally, I'd feel dirty just playing someone that everyone else is because that usually means he's/she's imbalanced in some way.

Slight exception was Eve, though at the same time I felt like a **** when I played her.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So I've been playing Shyvana a bit as a jungler. My impressions:

- Amazing jungle speed. I can do my normal path and the spawns aren't up as I get back through them. Can take Red at level 4 with no blue and just vamp / armor.
- Gank / counterjungle ability is almost nonexistant. Lack of CC is brutal here, and as many junglers run flash / smite, even dropping flash for exhuast won't really solve the problem. I feel like the ganks have to come from the lane's innate ability to win their lane already without a jungler
-Mid/late game: Innate tankiness is pretty fantastic and her damage output is good too. That said, she's pretty item-dependent to do her damage and I feel like she can't easily get the gold without good ganks, which she shouldn't land against competent players.

I haven't gotten to solotop with her much yet, but from what I get from jungle exp with her I can't imagine she outpaces my usual picks for jungle / lane in anything but the PvE (Creep / tower) aspect of things.

Even Olaf is in a better place than she is, and I don't like where Olaf is.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
is karma really good? her scaling isn't heal/shield support OR aoe damage x2, its AND. they scale the same way. i think she would be a good middle lane. with blue buff she can aoe heal massive sustain.

Top Bottom