• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
good luck with your matches tonight, zac and friends! im not good enough to play and i think im also in class at that time, but ill be rooting for you!

Rad

Smash Ace
Every time I flash onto someone for the kill I **** it up and die. I don't even know how it's possible to be as bad at it as I am, but it's annoying. I earned my kill and it should be easy to secure. When I see other people do it it looks so easy, but because I'm **** everyone always gets away.

:mad::mad::mad:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also wondering, 1st big item purchase, Archangels or the Hat?

I'm leaning towards archangels because of mana issues I have early>mid game.

I find myself unable to farm/pressure because I have no mana left.
I usually go 2-3 Doran's rings, Mpen boots, and a deathcap as a core. Try that out and see how you like it.

You should try to get blue buff instead of the AA Staff.

D

Deleted member

dude what the hell is the conversion for cdt to pst

people going crazy over whether its 2 hours or 3 hours really dumb

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Hey guys, i wanna grab dat jarvan skin, but i dont have much time atm and i ****ed first ranked matches when i was noob.

So my plan is to go 3v3 premade and with a good start still pull through.

Can anyone help me and explain how 3v3 metagame works?
From what i remember a bunch of tanky dps are gods there, and you should grab at least one smite to secure the buffs

Are there any common line ups on TT?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Grab 1-2 smites

Control of the jungle is key

Ward a lot, regardless what role you are playing. Giving them free jungle mobs or ganks will hurt you even more than in 5's. If you also have sight of important areas while teamfighting, that can be the difference between one team getting away with jukes/brush movement and you stomping them because you clearly know where they are going.

Try to shy away from ranged carries. You CAN make them work on this map, but it's SO much easier to throw a Singed or another good character onto any type of team and watch it work.

Common picks in 3's (been awhile since I played, but I can assume a lot of this is still relevant)

Singed Morde Mundo Rumble Lee Annie Grags Ryze Kennen few other beefy AD like Xin

Most banned: Probably some combo of Singe Mundo Morde and whatever. Ask Dekar, he could probably give you a top 6 list of bans.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Thanks, is there a real jungler or do you just go for jungle creeps when the lane is pushed or you killed/forced someone out of lane?

D

Deleted member

how to **** noobs

get all 3 teammates and kill all 4 creep camps top

everyone will be level 2 and gank top lane

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So because Brand's pillar is currently bugged to be HUGE, is he now the best AP atm? Just played Ori vs Brand mid and my horrible horrible zoning **** was toned down a huge amount just because his pillar is so ****ing huge.
I think you just played a good Brand.

Pillar is as big as Veigars W, just you don't see it coming 5 seconds beforehand.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can have a dedicated Jungler or have your top lane molest the jungle after clearing a wave. The latter is what Dekar tends to do. He goes top with a very save yet strong solo like Cho or Kennen. Then he will either completely annihilate the wave and go towards top jungle to pick up the camps, or he will wait a bit for an opportune time like if the opponent tries the same thing or goes to gank or whatever. That way, he tends to come out ridiculously on top CS wise unless the opponent can also copy him, while not being ridiculously prone to ganks because he's inherently playing a fairly safe character.

Before Nunu got nerfed, he was the almighty jungler of that map. Free smite for Dragon, really nice ganks and additional mobility for the team, etc. Nowadays I see more WW and Lee Sin. ****in hate Lee Sin on this map at early levels. Orb over top wall, prepare your anus.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
hey who's that smasher with the obsession with Teemo? Or just any smasher who plays Teemo well. What do yall think of Hexdrinker? I just tried it out 2 days ago when I got nuked by a LeBlanc that kept me from going legendary that game :mad:

From my experiences with it, it allows be to be a bit more aggressive in team fights with threats like Brand and Orianna milling about. Malzahar kinda ****s on it though.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

round 1 of newegg tournament

one of the biggest anal ***** dealt in history of loL

D

Deleted member

4-0 my chogath vs 0-4 jax by 20 minute surrender

i had 150 cs he had 50

they were a bunch of scrubby scrubs though so W/E

==

this tourney has some of the worst seeding in the world

all the top teams are in the top bracket and we're facing a bunch of scrubby scrubs

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I think you just played a good Brand.

Pillar is as big as Veigars W, just you don't see it coming 5 seconds beforehand.
No, it's bugged atm. Apparently all AoE skillshtos are. I played another Brand later and tested it, standing outside of the green circle gets you hit by it.

Cia

das kwl
Only champ on whom I build Archangel is Heimer. But I do finish it first. Do you mind explaining why it's an awful idea? Just want to know what you think and why.
mogwai pretty much explained why it's terrible. but if you're looking for a heimer build, try this:

Summoners: Teleport/Flash
Masteries: 9/0/21 (taking 15% mpen + improved tp/flash)
Runes:
Marks - Mpen
Seals - Mana regen p/level
Glyphs - AP p/level
Quints - Flat AP

Build - Meki + 2 pots > Chalice > Sorc Shoes > Hourglass > Rylai's > (if you find that you need some Mres, build Abyssal > Deathcap. Otherwise, reverse that order)

Skill priority. R > Q > W > E. However, when I'm solo mid I usually don't take my first E til level 8. I feel like stun grenade is waaay too slow to land in lane and you'll have much stronger harass with rocket pokes. that's just my take on it, feel free to do it however you want.

Chalice keeps you full of mana and gives a little bit of Mres which is perfect since u'll most likely be mid against Annie/brand/orianna/etc. Between that and the Blues you should be getting, you'll have no mana problems.

How hard I push the lane depends on who their jungler is. If it's gankplank/Nocturne/Nunu jungle. I don't push much since a gank from them is like sure death. Udyr I'm not too worried about. I usually just push away. Same goes for WW jungle until he hits 6.. then you'll want to be defensive as hell. CV's by your support should help with this, but don't forget to pick up some wards.

If you can sustain yourself in lane till you have 1600 gold, that's enough for Sorc's + Chalice. 150 extra gold should be used for wards. Use the first teleport to get back to lane to continue pushing/not lose exp. After that, TP should be used for getting to fights/ganking or split pushing.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Question: Morgana with Rylai's, apply ULTRA slow on ult?
Afaik Rylais will stack with skill based slows, but not item based slows (Gunblade, Mallet). However for AoE effects the effect is reduced to I think 15%. It's also a multiplicative increase.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
No, it's bugged atm. Apparently all AoE skillshtos are. I played another Brand later and tested it, standing outside of the green circle gets you hit by it.
Oh yeah I've noticed that, it very slightly outside it though.

Also I didn't know the circle wasn't indicative of the moves AoE.

I wouldn't mind if they made that AoE on pillar smaller as long as they increase the range of conflagration. xD

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Oh yeah I've noticed that, it very slightly outside it though.

Also I didn't know the circle wasn't indicative of the moves AoE.

I wouldn't mind if they made that AoE on pillar smaller as long as they increase the range of conflagration. xD
No, no, it's not -slightly- outside. It's massively outside. Standing completely clear of the green circle with a bit of space even, and you'll still get hit. I -distinctly- remember facing brand before, and once you get boots you can safely run from the centre of his pillar out and escape it, just have to predict it and be quick to move. Now you can't do that. I literally had brand running up to me to cast max range pillar, and I could not escape it with boots2. I've never seen that before, usually they have to, you know, aim it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, Im ashamed to admit it, but there is one champ that is bothering me and Im having a hard time playing against him. And it's... sigh... it's Teemo...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Guys, Im ashamed to admit it, but there is one champ that is bothering me and Im having a hard time playing against him. And it's... sigh... it's Teemo...
Never underestimate the power of the Scouts Code.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ughh i'm on 1522 so I must just outright refuse to play ranked games.

but my normal queue elo is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

3-18, team mates want to surrender. Trying to coach my entire team as ap ezreal. We bring it back. 2 of our team mates over extend while the enemy has baron. BANG. :(

And I was getting to the point where ap ez can full combo every 4 seconds for about 3000 damage.
sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Think spacing like you would in a fighting game.

His auto attack range is shorter than most other ranged characters and he requires to get close to beat you up.
Also to point out that his only cc is a blind which is ineffective against just about every AP carry.

Brand, malzahar, orianna should wipe the floor with teemo tbh.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Trist can pull it off. Are you levelling w up first? Her E > teemo's range and a w + ult at 6 can be enough to burst his entire health.

Kayle + Ashe would have a hard time. Ashe after level 7 though should be fine with just volleying to zone teemo, depends on how aggressive he is + how apparent your jungler is - like if you run out of mana with ashe you're pretty screwed, but if your jungler is **** then if he avoids your volleys and you're low mana you're in the ****ter.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
With Trist I generally start E at level 1 for the burst damage on minions, then build W/Q together, favoring W.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
you level up w at 2, 3, 5, 7 and 9 yeah?
Level 6 and up, unless teemo shut you down hard, it should be a reasonably safe lane. Unless of course you jump on top of lots of shrooms.

Top Bottom