• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Turazrok

Smash Master
note the "this is based on who I know / have played with."

Sheesh.
trolololol leave it to random people to interpret what was merely an observation.

I even noted that there are multiple exceptions and he still finds a way to take offense, what a card :awesome:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My entire post was sarcasm/trolling (Which I thought up on the spot in A pony chat).
I don't really care about the Melee/Brawl arguements, I find it funny and sad at the same time though.

Maybe I should try to jungle more with Fiddle...

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Is it just my opponents sucking or is karma + some melee champion actually a decent bot lane?

Or is she just better off with a sololane

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
AP Carry Karma = top lane
Support(eww) Karma = bot lane with Melee DPS. I like Garen or Renekton if I have to go bot lane. But Karma is better as an AP Carry solo.

And Turazzzzz, I'm a brawl player and 70% of this thread makes me look good. (and we all know how true that is)

:phone:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@InfernoOmni, good games today sir. About that time when I told you to get with the team and then TF ganked you. Yes, it was a bad idea for you to be underleveled and split from the team, but more importantly was that we had Nidalee/Ashe/Morde who could sustain a poke-push and I was playing TF so I could have pushed that lane and then ult'd over when it turned into a fight. With you over there I couldn't risk them jumping the others 5v3 so the power of a fed TF split-pushing was completely wasted. Good news though: when it just comes to plain old tactical-combat, you are better than a lot of Akalis I see in ranked games. Smart use of smoke-bomb and good focus!
Thanks, dude. :)

And yea I still lack basic understanding of all the Champions. I'll work harder.

This game is way too fun.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Changing Morello's to not build from Codex would ruin the entire purpose of the item. Morello's is a quick and dirty AP, CDR, Mana/5 item. DFG is similar, but the 5% less CDR means you can't hit the cap with just 2 items and masteries, which means everything. Not to mention the nuke on it, which is obscenely good.

I really don't see the point to improving Morello's, it's already good enough. Lucidity + Tome is what I build on any AP character that needs 40% CDR. Lux, Sona, and Soraka off the top of my head.

[Edit] If anything just make it cheaper and build from 2x Tome or something.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The main problem with Morello's is that it's an item made for a stat that gets maxed off of Blue Buff + Elixir of Brilliance. The problem is that you accidentally make it obsolete on the vast majority of characters who wanted it by the nature of how you distribute your buffs and pot up.

Mogwai 2k elo gohl trololol
ENGLISH MOTHA****A, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

ehem... I mean, I don't understand wtf you're saying.

jpak

Smash Lord
shaya told me corki's ult usually does 2300 dmg, and the nerfs arent significant. should i believe him?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
They need to buff nunu :/

Yea his ult and Ice blast are cool but other then that he cant do much. They should change his ult so he get 20% reduce damage because im always being targeted when that happens. Still a fun champ to use though.

OK if I build him the way I build jax would that work out?

Evanms

Smash Journeyman

Yea his ult and Ice blast are cool but other then that he cant do much. They should change his ult so he get 20% reduce damage because im always being targeted when that happens. Still a fun champ to use though.
Jungle nunu. You will see he is stupidly OP. You are probably playing him wrong. He isnt a damage dealer he is a "Im going to **** around in your jungle and piss off your entire team because i can start boots and still jungle" champ.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
What's with people and saying Nunu is bad. Do you have an AD carry? Then Nunu is godly for your team. End of story.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They should incorporate a Champion with some sort of Dispell... even if it's single target.

Also I totally signed in immediately after patch and no Monkey King. Eff.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Jungle nunu. You will see he is stupidly OP. You are probably playing him wrong. He isnt a damage dealer he is a "Im going to **** around in your jungle and piss off your entire team because i can start boots and still jungle" champ.
Never really tried jungle Nunu. I'm doing really good with him because I played 7 games in a row and end with with 1-3 death with 8-16 kills on him. Ill try jungle next. What do you usually build him on?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

OK if I build him the way I build jax would that work out?
That's textbook tanking, having a bulky character getting focused while the rest of your team melts faces.

Side note, I hate trying to tank with Cho. Not a tank IMO. Can't really encourage focusing on him and his knockup leave much to be desired. Silence is legit. Rupture needs reworking. 6 feast stacks does make it more difficult to target others since he's so huge. Are there any targeting macros in this game? I used to play WoW where you could hit buttons to target enemies and clicking on screen is fail.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's textbook tanking, having a bulky character getting focused while the rest of your team melts faces.

Side note, I hate trying to tank with Cho. Not a tank IMO. Can't really encourage focusing on him and his knockup leave much to be desired. Silence is legit. Rupture needs reworking. 6 feast stacks does make it more difficult to target others since he's so huge. Are there any targeting macros in this game? I used to play WoW where you could hit buttons to target enemies and clicking on screen is fail.

Utility tanks provide threat through their CC. People will target them b/c they impact teamfights pretty majorly. This applies to characters like Blitz, Tank Alistar, Cho. Cho has the added bonus of a single target mega-nuke that is unmitigatable.

Rupture is pretty silly. AoE is pretty sizeable and it's easy to land in teamfights when there's a lot more standing in place if you can lead people, and then you get the 1.5 second knockup + 60% 3 second slow.

And of course his body is ready to block all skillshots.

Turazrok

Smash Master
@ mogwai gohl= get on his level. Tambien, no me gusta hablar ingles pero es posible a veces

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I'm not familiar with all you crazy kids' slang for sexual organs, so I'll stop trying to write gibberish that actually says I'm a girl :laugh:

interesting sidenote, someone once told me mariposa (butterfly) is slang for a flaming homosexual in spanish.
I can confirm that particular slang term Mogwai. Came up with a bunch of other hilarious slang when I studies in Ecuador. Actually, a butterfly champ that isn't a lame Kog'Maw skin would be pretty sweet.

So wait, is PX right? No monkey king this week? wth Riot?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I can confirm that particular slang term Mogwai. Came up with a bunch of other hilarious slang when I studies in Ecuador. Actually, a butterfly champ that isn't a lame Kog'Maw skin would be pretty sweet.

So wait, is PX right? No monkey king this week? wth Riot?
it's funny cause I was going for the Simpsons reference of "nobody every suspects the butterfly!" so I was using the japanese characters ma-ri-po-sa as my tag for a few weeks as that was the most convoluted way I could think up conveying this idea. then my awkward Korean friend who randomly knew some japanese and spanish was like, "you know that's a term for a really gay person, right?" And I was just like o_O.

Mogwai when you gonna stream more/play with your viewers?

I streamed some last night. Should I keep announcing when I'm streaming in this thread? I felt like I was spamming but if people wanna know I'll keep you guys posted in here. As for playing with my viewers, hmmmmm, I'm just gonna arbitrarily pick 2-3 hours during a weekday night and have a weekly play with my viewers session there. I'm also going to pick a random night where I make a conscious effort to talk about every goddamn thing I'm thinking while I'm playing so that people understand what's going through my head midgame.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
The main problem with Morello's is that it's an item made for a stat that gets maxed off of Blue Buff + Elixir of Brilliance. The problem is that you accidentally make it obsolete on the vast majority of characters who wanted it by the nature of how you distribute your buffs and pot up.
That's a good point. I changed my suggestions to also include that they could add another stat, lower the CDR, and keep the price the same. I'd really like this to become a better item; like SamuraiPanda said a while ago, items and different builds are what make this game interesting, not just new champions.
ohhhh, I didn't know gohl was a thing. that's pretty good then.

yo creo que espanol es mejor de ingles tabien. pero el taco es en mis pantalones.
Yo tengo una empanada en mi burro
interesting sidenote, someone once told me mariposa (butterfly) is slang for a flaming homosexual in spanish.
Useful knowledge, gotta remember this

Top Bottom