• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
depends how low her overall CD's are. If her ult is longer than 70-80 seconds, it will probably not be very good.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I am definitely not enjoying free fiddle week

caw caw caw every damn game now

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
YORICK SO OP. top tier for sure next elementz tier list update. not kidding

I suck at this game. but yorick carry me AND jpak... out of this world huh.

This was done from about 1500-1600 range:

Been using manamune, spirit visage, mercs, & phage as the core, but I think mpen boots would be good if they're soft on CC, which is like 0 teams.
And I say phage, not trinity force because I think frozen mallet is good on him, in part because of atmas later down the road.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Actually, I have to ask. Who is Sona best partnered with? I know she's mostly support, but I'd like to know so that I know when would be best to try her out.

Also, as Annie, I'm definitely not afraid to eat a death if it means the enemy party is losing someone else, especially multiple someone elses if a teammate happens to kill them. Gifts knows this. ^_^

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Sona is typically used nowadays as a babysitter bot lane with an AD carry. Corki, Ashe, MF, Vayne, etc. Give them all the last hits, heal them up constantly and harass. This bot lane structure is from the Euro metagame and was typically laughed at by the American top tier teams, but at Dreamhack (or even just before, if I'm not mistaken) it started to be adopted over here as well.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
They said something about him becoming sniper-ish...

I could only imagine him getting a corki-esque ultimate with like 2000 range straight line shots.
I mean, as it is, his current ultimate gives him bonkers range on auto attack. I wonder if they'll take away its base damage buff and/or penetration and just tack even more bonus range on it? (and, of course, if the projectiles no longer penetrate, they'd probably start tracking)

Rappster

Smash Ace
hi guys.
i hit level thirty on tuesday.
should i start playing ranked right away?
also, what runes should i pack on force of atmogs mundo?
finally, i'm super inconsistent when i play. do you have any ways i can practice consistency?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
something about the way that entire build hinges on its HP scaling tells me you should make sure that either flat HP or HP/lvl runes make their way into that build somewhere.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
something about the way that entire build hinges on its HP scaling tells me you should make sure that either flat HP or HP/lvl runes make their way into that build somewhere.
on the contrary. the fact that you're planning on dumping a ton of your early gold into HP suggests that you should even out your stats via resistences on your runes.

another way to look at it... if you're end build already plans on getting 1700 HP from Triforce and Warmog's, what's another 200 HP going to matter next to Armor/MRes (who scale better the more HP you have as well).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
on the contrary. the fact that you're planning on dumping a ton of your early gold into HP suggests that you should even out your stats via resistences on your runes.

another way to look at it... if you're end build already plans on getting 1700 HP from Triforce and Warmog's, what's another 200 HP going to matter next to Armor/MRes (who scale better the more HP you have as well).
well I would, of course, assume MR glyphs.

As for quints and seals though. would you really make both armour? or would you make one armour and one HP?

I mean FoN IS heavy MR anyway and Atma's has a lot of armour too.

Also I don't play mundo, but I'd assume you'd go mallet over Triforce. am I wrong?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Seals on Mundo should be either Dodge, Armor, or AS imo.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well I would, of course, assume MR glyphs.

As for quints and seals though. would you really make both armour? or would you make one armour and one HP?

I mean FoN IS heavy MR anyway and Atma's has a lot of armour too.

Also I don't play mundo, but I'd assume you'd go mallet over Triforce. am I wrong?
atma's is 45 Armor. Nothing over the chain vest in the recipe. I would probably be running dodge seals next to Armor Quints with ArPen Marks and flat MRes Glyphs with a 9/21/0 setup.

I think triforce *****. Mundo spams **** so he gets triforce procs and benefits from the movespeed and phage proc. most people would probably go Mallet, but I'm a boss so I get Triforce pretty much all the time over Mallet except on Olaf or if I have phage and go back with like 2.3 K gold and 0 open item slots. It's super late in the build anyways though so who really cares, m i rite?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I can see that. Dodge yellows, MR blues, and Armour Quints. I still think mundo would prefer mallet over triforce, but I can't say triforce would be useless or even bad on mundo.

Seals on Mundo should be either Dodge, Armor, or AS imo.
AS marks make sense, but for seals . . . really?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Honestly that makes more sense than health, especially if you are going Warmog to Atmas.

Mundo has very low AS inherently. It's to balance out his MASSIVE AD steroid. Boosting it with runes isn't a horrible idea, although I would probably take flat armor/dodge over AS. But it's an option.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Mundo has very low AS inherently. It's to balance out his MASSIVE AD steroid. Boosting it with runes isn't a horrible idea, although I would probably take flat armor/dodge over AS. But it's an option.
that's pretty much the runepage I already have for my jungle Udyr anyway, so I could potentially run mundo without changing much.

AS marks
Dodge Seals
MR/lvl glyphs (I prefer the "per level" runes since I don't need MR while I'm in the jungle for my first few levels anyway)

I run movement speed quints though so that Udyr's a bit harder to kite . . . not that those would be wasted on mundo either.

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I think Mundo should take 9 MR per lvl glyphs, 9 armor pen marks, either 9 flat armor seals, 9 per lvl armor seals, or 9 HP seals, and 3 quints of fortitude.

I don't really play Mundo, however, but I do use a lot of tanky characters.

And do you guys think that Tri-Force is better or worse than Frozen Mallet for Jarvan?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Triforce in lane, tossup out of the jungle, though Triforce is still generally better, you usually don't get Warmog's out of the jungle so sometimes you need that HP and Mallet is sometimes just a convenient way to get it.

EDIT: I also play a lot of tanky characters and I'll tell you that I never run fortitude quints.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
hi guys.
i hit level thirty on tuesday.
should i start playing ranked right away?
finally, i'm super inconsistent when i play. do you have any ways i can practice consistency?
No. Give yourself another month or two at least

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
EDIT: I also play a lot of tanky characters and I'll tell you that I never run fortitude quints.
makes sense.

Unless the tank has some special scaling with HP, they tend to itemize enough HP with their items anyway, so augmenting other stats can often be better.

Utility quints can be fun, for example
+ Move speed
+ Gold Earned
+ Experience Earned
(technically "-time dead" quints are utility to, though I rarely see those on anyone)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I personally love Movespeed Quints on Tanky characters and Tanky DPS, though Armor Pen tends to be very good on the latter as well.
I think more ranged DPS should consider movespeed quints since the extra HP from fortitude quints is pretty much meaningless if they are engaged in a losing battle but the extra movespeed can help them escape such a situation and improves their poke game.

Also movespeed quints = happiness vs. skill-shot characters.

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
I have a movement speed and two flat AP quints for my Singed and Cho'Gath tank builds. I kinda recycled those AP quints from my caster page, but ugh, saving up for MS quints is so annoying for me. By the time I reach 2k IP, I become tempted to just continue to save up for a 3150 IP champion instead. I ended up skipping MS quints in favor of Nidalee and LeBlanc, and now I'm ready to do that for Lux. >.>;

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
that or you know... they could actually accept that they're a ranged carry and buy AD quints rather than trying to account for making positional mistakes.
true. Offensive quints are FINE.

I'm just saying, in my opinion, if you want defense on a carry, you're better off with movespeed quints than armour, HP or MR quints . . . at least the MS quints will have SOME offenive utility

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I think if you're a carry like Ashe, Corki, and Tristana where you don't care about anything because you can run away all day (maybe not so much Ashe), just get armor pen quints/AD quints.

Geez, Corki is such a bullcrap character

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Leona seems to be out for 6300.

Does anyone know how to build Phoenix Udyr? I don't even have the slightest idea how that would work. Do you focus AS (for more procs) or tanky AP items (more survivable = more procs and higher damage on that and shield from the AP)? I'll probably still stick w/ Tiger because I enjoy the facemelting, but it might be fun to switch it up once in a while.

Or is Phoenix Udyr basically just straight Tank Udyr? And if so why not still get Tiger for the burst?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Leona seems to be out for 6300.

Does anyone know how to build Phoenix Udyr? I don't even have the slightest idea how that would work. Do you focus AS (for more procs) or tanky AP items (more survivable = more procs and higher damage on that and shield from the AP)? I'll probably still stick w/ Tiger because I enjoy the facemelting, but it might be fun to switch it up once in a while.
Attack speed marks for sure. It's not much, but it's something.

Beyond that, I normally build him tanky DPS, though, if you want to hit harder, I suppose Wit's End is always a good option for tankiness and lots ofattack speed . . . though udyr is SO VULNERABLE to CC that I normally run both merc treads AND a veil on him anyway so wit's end never really finds a way into my builds on him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I do fine for him runeset wise, I just don't really know what item build is optimal for Phoenix.

I used to think that he did most of the damage from the attack procs, but I was wrong, so probably just building him tanky.

Top Bottom