• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab release MK like Wario!

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
When you are on Rainbow Cruise and the stage is shifting right, you can do every grab release possible on wario to MK. So you get things like GR< utilt, GR< bair, GR< nair , etc. as long as you grab them with your back to the right.

So the next time some idiot takes you to rainbow please GR< utilt

napZzz

Smash Hero
I already sort of liked snake on cruise, I'm gonna have to test this out later

is this for everything past the pendulum type deal thing disappearing where the falling blocks are showing up in various places and its a long strip with no edges?

This might also means we have GR's like this on other characters, probably the ones we already found out GR-dash attack are usable on, falco being the only one that comes to my head the moment, and squirtle. Maybe even a grab release chain grab to the edge....

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
ZSS boards knew about this like a year ago lol, I'm pretty sure SuSa mentioned this back during his reign on the Snake boards as well. But yeah basically free anything 21 frames or less.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
nice, i havent thought of that, Rainbow Cruise was already a stage i liked this just made it better.

i assume this is on the top part of the box that RC moves in. Can anyone find out what percent MK dies from a GR up air. I think i would be somewhere in the 60 to 70s maybe a new set of ko% from different moves. I might have time this friday to test some of this. what other characters might be weak to this. I know there is a GR post or thread here. Whatever characters have similar punishment to mk from grab release could be a start.

everything you can do to wario normally you can do to MK i did some testing and you can kill mk as early as 65 to 70 % maybe even earlier. At the left edge of the screen it might be better to back air but anywhere else uptilt and up air are best

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is pretty legit. Gonna have to try it out next time someone cps RC.

Savon

Smash Ace
I am having trouble getting it to work. Everytime I grab release MK I do not have enough time to actually go after him with an attack. Can somebody help explain this to me?

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah this doesn't work for me either, MK just grab breaks normally and still ends up far away most of the time. sometimes a LITTLE closer and I can do stuff that wouldn't normally work like marth's usmash(running), but not to the extent that wario does. if this does work it's extremely circumstancial

RC is still a **** stage for MK

SuSa

Banned via Administration
yeah this doesn't work for me either, MK just grab breaks normally and still ends up far away most of the time. sometimes a LITTLE closer and I can do stuff that wouldn't normally work like marth's usmash(running), but not to the extent that wario does. if this does work it's extremely circumstancial

RC is still a **** stage for MK
You're telling this to the Snake who brought Mew2King to Rainbow Cruise....

etecoon

Smash Hero
you know we can just run away for the few seconds that this works

I mean

running away is kinda what we do

Savon

Smash Ace
Depends the direction that the stage is moving.

D part of map - Have Snake face right.
A part of map - Have Snake face left.
Ok thanks. I was doing it backwards. I will have to try this later on.

Just to be clear this only works on Wario and Mk?

you know we can just run away for the few seconds that this works

I mean

running away is kinda what we do
God gave us grenades for a reason.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Why would we need it on Wario? He breaks straight up anyways...

This works on MK, and likely more of the cast whom we can force break that force break out of our reach. The stage pushes them towards us during the break (I am assuming) which allows us to punish them.

etecoon

Smash Hero
God gave us grenades for a reason.
grenades give MK a fairly large *** amount of time to avoid them, very easy to circumvent compared to lasers or banana's, funny how the characters that possess those moves are also better than snake : p

that post was in regards to DK vs MK anyway though

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
random thought.

do we get any cool grab release rubbish on a rising platform, like the one of the right hand side of frigate?

etecoon

Smash Hero
stupid backwards *** snake that beats me worse on RC than on neutrals D:

just thought about it and in regard to using this on wario. If you are lucky enough to grab wario like this you maybe able to infinite grab him then toss im off in the approaching blast zone.

Top Bottom