• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab out of N-air with Ken (Not so good with Ryu)

Shock0055

Smash Rookie

Just a little cool thing I found out with Ken so did a little bit of testing. You shouldn't be able to jump out of this but I might be lying since the training cpu sucks to practice with.
Anybody with a better setup I would love to see how far this could go. At low percent it seems like Ken will auto turn around so a standing grab would be better than a running grab, and I believe this can be jumped out of but could be difficult and you might even be able to get the grab out before they get out of jumpsquat. This was all done with the F-DF-D-F input instead of the up-B for maximum shoryuken power.

With Bowser this can work up to very high percent (About 130%) but after 100% it gets pretty difficult to execute as you need to be fairly low to the ground with the n-air.
Pichu is a little trickier, you can start this from 0% however which is very nice. Once he hits 60% he's well over kill-percent but anything after and it's not possible

Can anybody else think of anything better you might be able to do out of grab? So far from my testing d-throw is probably the best because nothing else really opens him up to extend this combo or give a shoryuken.

EDIT: I guess it would be important to note that of course you don't have to grab out of this sweetspot hit out of Nair but you can double jab to shoryuken, or my personal favorite but works at very specific percents is Nata Otoshi light (Forward to Down quartercircle) into Oosoto (halfcircle Back to Forward) from what my SMALL amount of testing shows I could bring 70% Pacman to 105% so a whopping ~35.7% that cannot be escaped but could possibly be di'd out of. Defintely needs more tests.

Last edited:
Top Bottom