• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab dat Edge 3.5

Apoc

Smash Cadet
So as we all know, teleporting to the edge has been made a bit more difficult.
Now you have to be a certain distance and you have to turn Mewtwo around after the teleport. Here are some places you can stand to teleport to the ledge nearly instantly.

Just mirror for the other way around.

Last edited:

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
This is an excellent visual. Really shows you just how small YS is.

Apoc

Smash Cadet
Something else I found out is if (from the ledge) you waveland on stage then do 1 wavedash to center stage, it puts you at the perfect distance to tp to the ledge. Not actually sure how useful that would be but it's kinda neat. Yeah Yoshi's is ridiculously small xD, from standing right there you can easily tp to either side.

Darkoness21

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0576-4758-7122
Very nice job with the visuals. Can't wait to try this out during my lab time!

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
Is Mewtwo supposed to snap to the ledge immediately out of tele when spaced perfectly? I've only been able to ledge cancel tele into ledgegrab, which is useful, but not as useful as an instant ledgegrab would be, if that's even possible.

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
Is Mewtwo supposed to snap to the ledge immediately out of tele when spaced perfectly? I've only been able to ledge cancel tele into ledgegrab, which is useful, but not as useful as an instant ledgegrab would be, if that's even possible.
The ledgegrab isnt exactly instant. You hold right after teleporting say left for example, you'll fall for about half a second then grab ledge. Or if you're a sensible human being you'd say **** grabbing ledge and just ledge cancel your up b and hover out of it, throw out a nair or dair if you're feeling especially pretentious, then after trying to gimp up b over to ledge or hover over there with what little hover movement you'll have left.

Apoc

Smash Cadet
Nah it's definitely not instant sadly :/ If you space is perfectly it takes something like 10ish frames to grab it...
Again I don't know if this is even viable in play, but I thought that It was something interesting. I've used it already a couple times myself to get a gimp b/c people don't see it coming.

Last edited:

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
I don't know if this is even viable in play, but I thought that It was something interesting.
Teleport seems much more efficient than other edgehogging sequences like dash -> turnaround -> wavedash offstage-> ledgegrab, so this'll definitely see plenty of use in competitive play. Also, it looks hella sweet.

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
I'd always opt for ledge cancelled up b hover. Feels better to me.

Top Bottom