• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got myself a new secondary!!!

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I've been maining Lucina with Peach as my secondary, but it's become increasingly clear that getting solid with Peach requires more time than I can commit for her to be a viable secondary. So I took Palutena out for a spin last night, and really liked her style. She felt pretty natural for me to use, and it was clear rather quickly that she would be a good character for me.

Not that great with her movement and recovery yet (I died so many times trying to teleport sideways and accidentally doing side special instead!), but that will come with practice.

The biggest question I have is how do you punish out of shield with her? I'm struggling to find good options there. I'm very accustomed to landing aerials out of shield with Lucina, but that's not working at all with Palutena.

Last edited:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Palutena doesn't have good options OOS. She has shieldgrab, and she has fair vs tall characters. Nothing else is really good. Nair is technically her fastest option, but it will whiff in most cases, so I don't use it. Palu generally wants to evade and punish or directly intercept an enemy's attack. If you just shield all day, your punish options are limited.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Palutena doesn't have good options OOS. She has shieldgrab, and she has fair vs tall characters. Nothing else is really good. Nair is technically her fastest option, but it will whiff in most cases, so I don't use it. Palu generally wants to evade and punish or directly intercept an enemy's attack. If you just shield all day, your punish options are limited.
I see. I'll need to make a concerted effort to improve my "run away" game.

Top Bottom