• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got found a CRT is it good?

Yawshi

Smash Cadet
So I'm pretty new to the melee scene and found out that I should ben playing on a CRT tv so, I just got a Sony Trinitron Wega KV-32FS120 from a friend and I was wondering if its a good CRT.

GhostM

Phantom
The tv should be just fine if you adjust it properly, which will give you decent picture quality. I’ve heard of this Sony CRT specifically the entire series having a 2 - 4 year life span. It also has countless issues alongside it, such as 9 blinks, and problems with the TV not turning on. This model is known for its issues, and they are common with this CRT. You can still roll with the CRT since it’s better than nothing, but don’t be surprised if issues start happening or if your crt completely stops working.

For me personally, I use a Toshiba MV13P3 13” CRT TV/VCR Metallic Silver for years, and I’ve never had any issues with it at all, the only real one being that the R/Y/W wires that come with the Wii causes flickering, which I use a remote for to stabilize the picture, but other than that everything works perfectly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom